Double Lung Transplant
Posted by Michael LaFayette (+77) 10 years ago
Hello, many of you may or may not know me, and not as many know that I was born with Cystic Fibrosis. I am 28 years old now, and I am in need of a double lung transplant. I will have to relocate to the Seattle area while I wait for a donor. My insurance don't cover some of the medical costs, or living expenses while I am in Seattle. They also do not pay for me to travel to and from Seattle while I am in the proccess of getting on the list. My total out of pocket cost is estimated to be around 30,000$ that the insurance won't pay for. I have started doing some fund raising, and so has my friends and family. Someone gave me the idea to post my PayPal donations account on the milescity.com forum to do a little fund raising. I hope to get a few church fund raisers, and maybe a silent auction/dinner fund in the near future. I hope you can help out with what you can. Anything is greatly appreciated and will go a long ways in offsetting my expenses.
https://www.paypal.com/cg...433HVQ4RLG
Thank you very much,
Michael LaFayette
Also on a side note, Any information on how I would go about setting up a dinner/silent auction would be greatly appreciated. I am not sure if outside help would be more efficent then trying to do this by myself
Thanks again,
Michael
Posted by ellie may (+468) 10 years ago
michael, this is Tina, your RT. i will help in anyway i can. just let me know what you need and i will help you. my number is 852-0558 call me anytime.
hello, and Ty Tina I will get a hold of you if I need anything

Michael
you know my whole dept will help you and rally with you. just tell me what you need and the boys and i will get it done for you.
haha yes I do know the whole dept, and most of the whole hospital dept as well
Posted by Taryn Micheletto (+267) 10 years ago
I sent you an email!
supporter
Posted by sky (+372) 10 years ago
Micheal
If you have an auction I have a few items I would be willing to donate. Just let me know when it happens. Sky
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 10 years ago
Michael,

I wish you all the best.
i have talked wtih mike and i will be keeping a list of things donated for the auction. i will also be keeping a list of the places and freinds that are donating items to the auction. That way we know where we have been so we dont get confused! thank you so much for everyones help. i know mike and his family greatly appreciate it. you can reach me on my cell 852-0558 or you can e-mail me.
Thank you all so much for the support, you can contact me here on the forum, or email me at [email protected] or call/text my cell phone at 406 670 7615. We will be having an auction, we are still working on the details of when and where, and if we will do a benefit dinner with it.
Again thank you very much, this is a great community, and I am glad to be a part of it.

Michael

I forgot to add-- Monday or Tuesday I will get a account setup for the fundraisers at i think USBANK since usbank is in seattle as well as here

[This message has been edited by Michael LaFayette (6/12/2011)]
thanks mike. i'll contact you tomorrow with the details of the auction. you are most welcome for the support.
For those that don't know, and would like more information on Cystic Fibrosis:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w...c_fibrosis

[This message has been edited by Michael LaFayette (6/12/2011)]
supporter
Posted by montanajane (+289) 10 years ago
Come on everybody, this kid needs help. Every dollar would help him out. He is a native of Mile City and needs your help.
supporter
Posted by montanajane (+289) 10 years ago
Watch his video on youtube.com Michael LaFayette double lung transplant.

[This message has been edited by montanajane (6/13/2011)]
thank you to everyone. he does live here in miles city. we are settig up an auction and benefit dinner. we will also have a pie bidding contest. whosever pie gets the highest bid will win a plaque with thier name engraved on it. any doantions to the auction would be great! i am the keeper of the list. just call me or e-mail me. 852-0558. so, on july 22cd, the prposed date we will have a dinner, auction of alot of good items and a pie auction!
I have setup a Community Trust fund and here is the information for it.

Breath of Air Campaign for Michael LaFayette
First Interstate Bank
Miles City, MT

Again, thank you all for your support.

Michael LaFayette
can you give the address of the bank? i have folks in utah willing to donate. thank you
supporter
Posted by Colette Butcher (+404) 10 years ago
First Interstate Bank
PO Box 1237
Miles City, MT 59301
I made up a quick website that has alot of information about me, cf, and the fundraising stuff.
http://michaellafayette.byethost7.com

I will be updating this more as I feel well enough to.

Breath of Air Campaign for Michael LaFayette
First Interstate Bank
PO Box 1237
Miles City, MT 59301

[This message has been edited by Michael LaFayette (6/14/2011)]
Awesome website!!
Posted by luvlife (+285) 10 years ago
What a true fighter and inspiration you are to all of us! I can not even imagine what it is like to fight for air....most of us take this for granted....never even think about it.
If anyone reading this has not went to this website it is really amazing.....I enjoy your video blogs....you have a wonderful attitude! I plan to do whatever I can to help you get this lung transplant.
Do you know yet when your story will be covered on the news? Please update as to when this will be happening.
God bless you and I know this is going to happen for you...keep the faith!
You really make me NOT want to sweat the small things in life....and appreciate all the blessings we don't see and need to recognize!
PLEASE....lets all help this sweet young man!
For those who are collecting donations for the auction/dinner benefit, please visit http://michaellafayette.byethost7.com to view a list of business who have already donated. Also please let me or Tina know who you get donations from so we can update the list asap.
Thank you once again for all your help.
Michael LaFayette
[email protected]
406-670-7615
Take a look at his web page if you haven't yet..
Posted by Kacey (+3159) 10 years ago
If you haven't already look at his website...this guy needs our help!
Nice, Thanks for sharing that link, I did not know it was on msnbc.com.
Posted by Nicoles (+130) 10 years ago
I would be more than happy to donate something to your benefit Micheal...Let me know where to drop off the donation or have someone stop by the store and pick it up
Nicole's
2513 Main
234-4881

Nicole
Reminder....this is coming up!