founder
Posted by Patti LeCraft (+6) 20 years ago
Those of you who appreciate a good movie might want to consider the Film Festival beginning tonight, Thursday, 3/23, at the Montana Theatre.
The festival movies are unusually entertaining (unlike the Hollywood "formula" movies), grounded to an actual story, and often resemble plays. Some are foreign films and most (if not all) are not appropriate for children.
How about going to the festival, which runs 6 weeks, every Thursday night, and critiqueing (sp?) them in this forum? Any takers?
Patti
P.S. How about a big hand for Larry Antram for creating this web site!
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11461) 20 years ago
Next week is "Best in Show," which I am planning to attend. I can't make the movie tonight, unfortunately. You know, we are lucky to still have a classic, single screen theatre alive and well in downtown Miles City!
(And yes, we all love Larry!)
--Amorette
founder
Posted by Bart Freese (+931) 20 years ago
As president of the Big Larr fan club, I want those dues sent into me ASAP. Cash no checks.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16526) 20 years ago
I have noticed in the "Miles City Star" that the Montana Theatre has been running these film festivals in recent years. That is so cool that they are doing that. I hope it is working out for them and that they continue to host them.

I saw "Best in Show" when it was playing here in the Seattle area. I thought it was quite funny but I have a bit of a twisted sense of humor. I'll be interested in hearing what others think of it.

I believe "Billy Elliot" is also playing in this festival. I haven't seen it yet but I have heard that it is quite good.

One other movie that I have seen recently and thought was quite good is "Snatch". This movie is a little more violent than some people might care for but it had a humorous side to it that I wasn't expecting.

- Dave

P.S. Indeed, kudos to Larry Antram for creating, maintaining, and hosting this Web site!
founder
supporter
Posted by Kim Smarsh (+110) 20 years ago
I went to see Dancer in the Dark on Thursday night and I have to say that it is the first film festival film that I have seen that was absolutely awful! The cinematography was amuteur, the plot was oddball, the soundtrack was horrible. I love going to the film festival and especially looking forward to Billy Elliot and Chocolat.