water at Ft Peck
supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1274) 11 years ago
Since I have never seen water in the spillway, let alone at the "top of the spillgates" as reported in the Gazette, if anyone goes to the lake and can take some pictures, I would greatly appreciate it. I want to see how high the water is, and can't find pics anywhere.

Thanks!
supporter
Posted by julieinmc (+519) 11 years ago
Here is a link to all of the Montana web cams. Ft. Peck Dam is one of them. Maybe this will help a little.
http://www.bigskyfishing....b-Cams.htm
Posted by Tom Clarke (+39) 11 years ago
Cory, I was at Fort Peck on Thursday, about 4 hours after they opened the spillway gates. I took some pictures with my cell phone of the upstream side of the South spillway gate, with the water about 1' below the top, and of the water flowing down the spillway itself. If I can figure out how to upload those photos to my computer (I've not done that before) I will be glad to forward them to you. Please send me your e-mail address to [email protected]

Tom Clarke
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4462) 11 years ago
Tom, you should be able to send yourself the photos by sending a picture message to any e-mail address.
Posted by Les Scanlan (+22) 11 years ago
The USACOE opened the gates another foot today. they are releasing 35,000 cu.ft./second through the spillway. No matter how you feel about the Corps management plan this is quite a sight.
Posted by mule train (+1057) 11 years ago

Here's a pic of the spillway I found on the net.
supporter
Posted by cubby (+2657) 11 years ago
I cann't post pictures but if I had your email I can send you some pictures of Rock Creek Marina. Was up there over the weekend and it is a site to see!!
supporter
Posted by Becky Gergen (+430) 11 years ago
Cubby, please send pictures of Rock Creek to [email protected]

Thank you for offering to send pictures.
supporter
Becky I will send them tonight when I get home.
Posted by RS/SS (+34) 11 years ago
Would appreciate if you would send me pics of Rock Creek also Cubby. We have a place about a mile North of the marina. I remember the last time the water was up like this the Corp about washed the bathroom of the marina off the hill. The wifes EM address is [email protected]
supporter
Pictures are sent maybe you of you could post them on here for all to see. Seens how I'm not smart enough to figure it out LOL