Zumba is here!
supporter
Posted by Sheena (+138) 10 years ago
I am happy to announce that I will be hosting Zumba classes out of Studio M beginning June 15!! I am a certified Zumba instructor, and am also registered with the ZIN network. Classes will be offered on Wednesdays from 6-7pm, from June 15-July 20. Cost is 45.00. See Studio M for sign up info.

http://www.zumba.com/en-U...ena-martin
Posted by Jade S (+146) 10 years ago
YAY!!! I am so excited for Zumba to come to Miles City! I have recently re-certified, too. (I didn't opt for ZIN last time and regret it) I saw on the website that there were quite a few of us certified instructors. How cool is that?!

I am sure I will be meeting you soon. I hope to be up there permanently in the next couple of weeks.

Jade

[email protected]
Posted by bilbrey (+81) 10 years ago
as I will be Certified June 25th too!!!!
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15076) 10 years ago
HOLY CRAP.... sounds like a song is in order.

Someones exercising, Zumby-ya
Oh, Lord, Zumby-ya!

supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6170) 10 years ago
We have zumba classes at our local gym that I've been thinking about doing. Can you tell me what a typical class is like?

[This message has been edited by Wendy Wilson (5/30/2011)]
supporter
It goes really really fast, Wendy. It will Zumba ya.
Posted by j2r (+134) 10 years ago
WOOHOO!! So excited!
Posted by matt oyen (+489) 10 years ago
awesome, saw you at studio m performance, nite
so excited, my friends and i will be signing up for class!!!
supporter
Posted by Sheena (+138) 10 years ago
Zumba is a full hour of straight movement (or at least it should be)through dance. It's a blend of fast and slow international rhythms to keep your heart rate up with cardio and toning. It's a lot of fun, the music is motivating, and the steps should be repetative and easy to follow.
Posted by Jade S (+146) 10 years ago
Wendy,
Zumba runs roughly an hour. You will have a warm up, then interval type cardio and a cool down. You will use common Latin dances: salsa, cumbia, cha cha, meringue, etc. Some instructors will incorporate hip hop and reggaeton depending on the music they have chosen. I try to mix up the music, and the choreography so there are parts where you can feel the transitions in the music. Every song has a dance that follows its' beat, so after a while you will hear a song and say, "That is salsa." There is very little talking by the instructor, but as you go to their classes you learn to pick up their cues for the music/move changes. There is lots of energy and smiles and fun. Most instructors in Salt Lake give a week or two of free classes so you can try it out. I have heard that some people come out the entire week before they really get the hang of it. I bought the videos and did it from home for a few months before I ever went to a class and I felt pretty confident that I had the basics down.

It helps that I am from Los Angeles (will I be crucified for admitting that?) and I grew up with a lot of these dances.

I would encourage you to go for it, but I am biased.
supporter
Wendy: IMO, you should stick with the seann triubhas and swords.
Posted by Dee (+15) 10 years ago
bump
Posted by Dee (+15) 10 years ago
Registration forms for this class are at universal I just found out!
Posted by klew (+79) 10 years ago
Sending in my registration, is it full?!