Cel service
Posted by mtgman (+87) 9 years ago
Anyone having problems with their cel service? Mine was good this morning,but has had "no service" for the past two hours.
Posted by Josh Rath (+2310) 9 years ago
My iPhone on VZW has full service.
Posted by Sharlene (+1203) 9 years ago
I have service but my phone has me in extended service but my husband's phone doesn't. Having problems with the land lines too.
Posted by XM (+15) 9 years ago
I also don't have service. I know some people with Verizon had a few problems but they are ok now. I have straight talk and still am dead in the water
Yeah,I have sraight talk to.
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3139) 9 years ago
I know that some Qwest Customers do not have Internet. Not sure if that would affect the Cell Service.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14673) 9 years ago
Those with VWZ are about to learn just how much "service" was actually leased from Alltel.
Is Verizon losing its service with alltell?
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14673) 9 years ago
Alltel was purchased by ATT which switched the towers to GSM technology instead of CDMA that was used by both Alltel and Verizon. Verizon leased much of their service on the towers from Alltel. The original towers were setup by Western Wireless with both GSM and CDMA. With a simple flip of a switch the Verizon signal goes away, until Verizon invests in there own technology. In town, you probably won't notice it too much as those towers are likely VZW. Outside of the city limits is mostly where there will be a poor signal, if any.

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr. (5/29/2011)]
After 20 minutes on the phone with straight talk, they told me theres a problem with the towers in montana.
Posted by mcs (+402) 9 years ago
I live out at southgate and cannot send any texts, and calls most of the time will not go through today. when I went into town today, I sent a text and it went through. does anyone know when this will be fixed? also all my calls (when they DO go through) say 'roaming'
Posted by Leann (+177) 9 years ago
I believe the phone lines from MT to ND or the problem. I have a trac phone mine says ROME and it didn't say that this morning. Had family told me they couldn't get through to the cell or land line. Hope everything get's worked out soon, as most of us really on our phones for business and what not.
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2615) 9 years ago
It must be really bad if you are in the business of what not!

[This message has been edited by Kelly (5/29/2011)]
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2000) 9 years ago
Representatives from Qwest are investigating what caused phone lines to go down in several eastern Montana cities on Sunday morning.

Michelle Jackson, marketing development manager with Qwest, said crews are on their way to the effect areas, which includes Glendive, Miles City, Forsyth, Sidney and Colstrip.

"At this time we don't know what it was from or what is causing the outage," Jackson said. "We have people out there."

It is unknown at this time how many customers are effected by the outage.

Rosebud County dispatchers said phone and cell phone lines are down in the area.

It is unknown if the outage has anything to do with the recent flooding.
supporter
Tonight's news talked about a line that was down and under water in the Hardin area and they are trying to re-route or some such thing.
Just caught a bit of it...but, probably full info on the individual stations, online.
Posted by MLW (+184) 9 years ago
We have 3 straight talk phones and all have been without service all day as well. I tried talking to them and the guy told me there was no problem with coverage but to call back tomorrow when some other company he needed to contact could look further into it.

So it is the towers? Did they say when the problem would be fixed?

I'm sorry that you are having issues but am a little more relieved that it's not just us!
supporter
This is on the KULR-8 website:

(Story Updated: May 29, 2011 at 6:06 PM MDT )

BILLINGS - Residents who use Qwest for landline telephone services in Glendive, Miles City, Forsyth, Sidney, and Colstrip were not able to make or receive any calls on Sunday, as a down telephone line disrupted phone service.

Multimedia Watch The Video
A representative from Qwest told KULR-8 News that the phone line is located about 3 miles east of Hardin, and that rain and mud are keeping technicians from reaching that area. In addition, some Verizon cell towers are also affected by this outage. Qwest is sending more crews to the site to repair the phone line.

There is no estimate as to when service will be restored at this point.

---------------
I know that the Internet has been down at M&H and WalMart and some other stores that have Qwest...and, I know that Verizon merged with them so probably the same problem. The other station says that the problem has been located and, they are trying to get service restored in this area. Also...they said that 911 is restored as it was out too.
And to add to my earlier statement..

I have full service, however the actual connection isn't there. And as said in the story above, it's due to the line that is damaged.
Posted by Michael LaFayette (+82) 9 years ago
guess i been lucky, other then "the weather channel app" on my android not wanting to load, I have not noticed anything else not working. Oh and btw Verizon bought alltell, but because of a little thing called "monopoly" verizon sold most of the alltell shares in the MT and dakotas to AT&T
Still no cell service for me on my straight talk phone. Think I may call them and make them credit my account for 2 days or however long it takes to have service restored. I paid for a month of service! Anyway, I hope it is up and running soon. This is the only phone we have and feel kinda "lost" without a phone at all!
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4456) 9 years ago
I'm showing 3G service now on my VZW line for the first time since yesterday morning.

Before that I had voice service, but there was no data service.
My service just came on about 10 min ago!
My phone is back to being fully functional.
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1664) 9 years ago
And yet I had data and voice service all day yesterday. A couple of times I had to resend text messages, but they would send fine the second time around, and I was able to use the Internet without a problem. Strange.
Posted by mcs (+402) 9 years ago
mine's working again too yay!
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16491) 9 years ago
Denise, perhaps that's because you were in Missouri?
supporter
Lol Dave. I just noticed that. Sitting in good old MC as always.
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4456) 9 years ago
I wonder if your phone has access to your home wireless network.
supporter
Phone worked away from home yesterday as well though.