Animal Cruelty-Please Read!
Posted by NicoleB (+184) 10 years ago
Yesterday my family, including our kids, went out to Dodens Island out towards Kinsey. Not a few feet from the path while we were walking around we discovered a MURDERED mother dog, her 3-4 month old puppy, and a whole sack of newborn puppies dead. By the sight of them this injustice had occured only approx 5 to 7 days ago. This has been reported to the local police. Please if anyone knows of someone who owned a redish colored border collie mix, had a little redish colored border collie puppy, and the mother would have been pregnant please contact the local Miles City police department. This injustice should not go unpunished!!!!! And right before Mother's day!
Posted by Kacey (+3160) 10 years ago
I can't find the words to express my outrage. I hope someone recognizes the descriptions and turns these people in! And then the city had better back it up with criminal charges.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4945) 10 years ago
I agree whatever legal charges can be brought against the offenders should be...Hope they are caught soon...
Posted by JaDee (+68) 10 years ago
darn those murderers ! !
Posted by Gomer (+46) 10 years ago
[This message has been edited by Gomer (5/8/2011)]
Posted by Laura Sevier (+1780) 10 years ago
The community of Miles City does need to make this their concern, because whoever left the dead dogs out at Dodens Island and did not take the time to bury them in a humane way, could do something like this to their own daughter/son if their son/daughter got pregnant and the person was mad at their son/daughter for having an unwanted child and the person would even get rid of the unwanted baby, if someone is capable of doing something like this to an animal they would not hesitate to hurt a human. So if anyone has heard their friends or neighbors talking about how they got rid of their dogs at Dodens Island, or if you witnessed the person doing it to the dogs, the newborn puppies did not deserve to be put in a sack, please call the police at 232-3411 with the information. Someone stepped forward when Toasty the cat was thrown into the fire, and the people responsible for hurting Toasty were caught, so please, someone step forward with information about the dead dogs at Dodens Island. Thanks for any help in this matter.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14961) 10 years ago
****WARNING, OVERSIZE LOAD OF SARCASM AHEAD****

I expect I will get scalded for this, but what the hell...

The community of Miles City does need to make this their concern, because whoever left the dead dogs out at Dodens Island and did not take the time to bury them in a humane way,

so you're upset that they didn't bother with little doggie caskets and grave makers, which would be the way humans are treated? If they had be buried, as you suggest, you wouldn't know about the "murder".

I believe in taking care of animals and pets as much as the next person and that abuse is wrong. But frankly, based on what I read here, I would be scared to own a dog in Miles City for fear that someone would turn me in for giving my dog water out of the garden hose rather than RO water. The pet nazi's seem to be everywhere.

Just say'n ...

OTOH, some of you now have your weekly senseless death to be outraged over...

And isn't Doeden island outside of the city limits?... which means that the sheriff is the proper authority?

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr. (5/9/2011)]
Posted by ellie may (+470) 10 years ago
this makes me sick. i am also sickened at the thought of the person/persons involved will only get a slap on the wrist. we do not have tough enough laws on animal abuse here in montana.
Posted by luvlife (+287) 10 years ago
Richard Bonine,
How can you even compare giving water out of a hose as to what has happened here? Sorry...don't get it or your humor!

Some of us do believe there are to many cases of animal abuse...it is very sad....these animals can not speak for themselves...someone has to help them.

Why does one get a animal for a pet and let it sit all day tied up or in a cage...and that's it...give it food and water...no interaction what so ever??? You see this ALL over MC day after day...and yet, as long as they have a bowl of food and water...it's just A-OK??? Just don't get it!

As for what was found out at Doedan's Island....someone really does not have a heart! How could you do this??? There are much more humane ways to deal with a unwanted pet then to suffer.

So...I am proud to be a PET Nazi...as you say...Richard Bonine...or is it Bone-head??? REPORT ABUSE!!!
supporter
So...I am proud to be a PET Nazi...as you say...Richard Bonine...or is it Bone-head??? REPORT ABUSE!!!

I am pretty sure it is Bonine.

How can you even compare giving water out of a hose as to what has happened here?

If you read all the words I wrote you will see I didn't make that comparison. You did.

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr. (5/9/2011)]
supporter
Posted by C.Kee (+378) 10 years ago
I only hope there is a special place for those that hurt animals to go to....a place worse than hell.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9198) 10 years ago
Now this is just getting silly.
supporter
Posted by Tori (+198) 10 years ago
Silly!!!!!!!!!
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4462) 10 years ago
a place worse than hell.

Utah?
supporter
Posted by Tim Miles (+466) 10 years ago
Glendive?
Posted by Gomer (+46) 10 years ago
Some of you people are kidding, Right?????
Posted by Monica LN (+150) 10 years ago
not even sure if I should say anything but:

Animal abuse should not be compared to child abuse. BIG difference there. Granted that unusual animal cruelty done BY children may be something to worry about considering the makings of a serial killer but if this is an adult which I am sure he/she is; then yes there should be some sort of criminal penalty. But also considering that a lot of animal cruelty cases get more jail time than child abuse/molestation cases do, I think whoever is writing and determining who gets what and the seriousness of the crime is getting a few things backward.

Now the question is: who will verbally attack me because I think that humans and animals are not equal in the value of life? Please take a number.
supporter
I've got a serious question. Is it actually against the law to put a bullet in your dog and drown a bag of puppies? Not saying it isn't sickening, but it's also not as unusual as we'd all like to think.
buck,

I don't know the answer to that one. but, if I did do that, I sure would not tell anyone.
NICOLE B.
On a serious note, what did you do with the pups then ? Did you give them a proper burial? or did you leave them for the coyotes???
supporter
Ever had one of those awkward conversations where someone tells you a story and is expecting a laugh or at least an acknowledgement that whatever they are saying is something you yourself might engage in? This has been the subject of at least three I've been involved in. After animal cruelty, girlfriend cruelty is the next most popular subject of those conversations. Go read the one about spoiled children. A guy like Gomer beats his kids with a belt, he thinks it's necessary, but he has never seen evidence that it's not normal behavior. He grew up getting beat, it must be normal - the guy that killed his dogs probably wasn't aware that it's not the normal way of handling it and he's definitely not alone. The way victims victimize others is pretty damn interesting. Sad if you want to waste your life being sad, interesting if you say procreate being sad.
Dee I called the police department. You don't want to mess with the scene if there is anything there they could use to figure out who the guilty party is. Plus, I don't take a shovel with me on family outings.
NICOLE B.

I guess you are right about, "don't mess with the scene" they might have to do a C.S.I.
Posted by Wayne White (+256) 10 years ago
I am glad that all dogs go to heaven.
supporter
Buck, I'm guessing that it's not illegal, particularly if pets fall under the classification of "livestock".

There may be a littering citation however.
Posted by Smiley (+849) 10 years ago
Laura is procreateing insane when it comes to animals. Killing an animal does not necessarily make a person able to kill a HUMAN BEING. There is a big difference. What if all the puppies were carriers of Parvo or doggie aids, or what if they were mutated and going to be expensive and live miserable lives in a shelter? Dogs are animals, deserve love, care, time, food, water. Many people feel they are a part of their family. It is pretty cruel, I'll give you that, what was done here, but standing up for SUPER JUSTICE for those baby dog killers is not necessary. The cat that was burned, THAT WAS SICK, but honestly Miles City Pet Nazis are getting pretty bad.

Oh, and Richard, dogs need Voss water. Duh.
Lots of opinions here...just wish people would PLEASE read this and get one message....to get a pet spayed or neutered. So important to keep from these types of situations from happening. So many unwanted animals and it is the owner's fault....

Just curious...does anyone know if it is ok to take your pet out and shoot it? Is this considered animal cruelty? Just wondering? I am talking about a healthy animal....but, just not wanted any longer?

Thanks!
Just one more thing to Richard Bone-head....there is NO need to have a fear of owning a pet if you are taking care of the pet....many have pets and do a great job. So...if you are afraid of being turned in for something...obviously....you are not doing something right....pretty common sense!

Sorry...just did not appreciate your humor and it made NO sense!
supporter
Sorry...just did not appreciate your humor and it made NO sense!

I wasn't trying to be humorous. Sarcasm is the brains natural defense against stupidity. Looks like my brain had the proper response.
supporter
Posted by Dixie Rieger (+328) 10 years ago
Smily! What if people were resposible pet owners and got their pets spayed and nutered? What if people got their dogs vaccinated against the parvo virus, like resposible pet owners do? What if?
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17157) 10 years ago

"This is Bob Barker luvlife reminding you to help control the pet population. Have your pets spayed or neutered!"
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17457) 10 years ago
Why does Richard Bonine, Jr. hate dogs so much?
I have a question ! Do animals have more rights than humans ? ?
supporter
Why does Richard Bonine, Jr. hate dogs so much?

That is a rather curious question. I assume the "greyhound" needs to run a little?

I really like dogs, especially boxers. I don't own any pets, mostly because I have 3 teenage boys that need fed and watered and well... that is rather expensive.

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr. (5/10/2011)]
Last time I checked, Humans have more rights than animals. People eat dog in other countries. Dead horses are made into glue and dog food.

Hm. If they got their pets spayed and neutered, there might be less dogs and cats.

If they got their animal vaccinated, then woo, their animal will be vaccinated. WTF does this have to do with anything. Everyone in MC could spay and neuter their animals, and we'd STILL have too many animals in the world. There will be daily dead dogs and cats. It's the circle of life.

Spay and Neuter your humans, they really are starting to overpopulate.
Oh, and your cows, we don't need to feed the masses.
Posted by TotallyNotBridgier (+11) 10 years ago
I hear that black dogs taste the best. I haven't validated this, but it's what I've been told.
Good to know. I haven't ever tried dog, but apparently human has the consistency of chicken. Maybe the flavor. Dunno, never tried it. Lets ask a dog.
Can anyone have a intelligent conversation on this subject? For those of you who have nothing to add...except sacarism...go find something else to do....please!

Some of us happen to be serious about this topic...! If you aren't why even keep adding to this post?

Back to my question? Could anyone tell me if it is considered Animal Cruelty if you take a healthy dog and shoot it? I tried calling and left a msg to get a answer on this.

Thank You!
Smiley,

Thank You! for answering my question.
Posted by Mindy B (+70) 10 years ago
All I could find on putting your dog down was this:

(4) This section does not prohibit:

(a) a person humanely destroying an animal for just cause;

(b) the use of commonly accepted agricultural and livestock practices on livestock;

There were a couple pages but I didn't think most people want to read it all. How are "humanely" and "just cause" defined? I guess you could present a lot of different view points
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17457) 10 years ago
Being cheap is no excuse to not own a dog. A sack of Old Roy costs $40 a month.

Its okay to admit you are a cat person, Richard.
Gunnar, you are forgetting something. Dogs can't just drink any water. They need their junk or junkette taken off or out. uou have to vaccinate them, clothe them in winter, build them a 5 story dog house, have a special fitting collar made for them, license them, pay someone to watch them while you go grocery shopping or to the doctor.

That is why dogs are expensive. Oh, and not to forget, if they get a herniated diaphragm, it costs a lot for surgery (or any other medical problem) We have doggie ventilators and defibrillators now. Apparently when charlie turns twenty, costs 20,000 dollar a month, can't see, eat, poop, walk, move, bark, you can't put a bullet between his eyes. It's apparently animal murder. You also can't have him put down humanely, without every one looking at you or asking you to find him someone to take care of him.

For all who talk about spaying and neutering. Which do you think was more cost effective to the person that did this? Killing all the puppies or neutering them all? Some people do not feel animals are human like. Some people think animals are just that, animals. I'm sure the person did not do this for fun. I'm sure they were saddened. I'm sure they feel bad, and they probably had to do it, and had a reason. Maybe they were trying to control the pet population? Damn, the cops will figure it out. I'm for sure not going to go around asking "Do you know who killed these puppies?" It's pointless. They were 9 dogs, they are in puppy heaven now, there will be puppy justice from the puppy god.

and maybe the mother and puppies died in childbirth?

[This message has been edited by Smiley (5/10/2011)]
Why don't you people that care ooooh so much just use the search feature on this site? "border collie mix" will turn you up a good sum of results. Just check it.
supporter
Being cheap is no excuse to not own a dog. A sack of Old Roy costs $40 a month.

Hence my concern. Some here (luvslife and Laura come to mind) would likely consider feeding your dog "Old Roy" instead of Eukanuba abuse. To one person, tying a dog on one end of a rope and a pickup on the other end, is protecting the dog. To the pet gestapo, it is a reportable offense. Someone stumbles upon several dead dogs and it is as though they uncovered the Jonestown massacre, and all of the outrageous-death-of- week-cool-aid-drinkers report for duty at MC.com to decry the situation.

Perhaps taking a deep breath and thinking for a few minutes how others might consider or value animals and what is is truly cruel treatment is in order. Perhaps knowing a few facts about the dead dogs on Doden Island would be in order before getting exercise by jumping to conclusions. Sometimes euthanizing an animal is a better choice than letting it starve to death.

Seems like common sense to me, but then I have concluded that common sense isn't really all that common anymore.

BTW: I have respiratory allergies to cats and cats have masters not owners. Not interested in indentured servitude.

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr. (5/10/2011)]
Posted by Monica LN (+150) 10 years ago
Just an add-on to Richard's last comment about euthanization: Not sure about the pounds/kennels/humane societies in MC but I am sure that there is a charge to have an animal put down. A bullet is a lot cheaper to those who can't afford it.
supporter
A bullet is a lot cheaper to those who can't afford it.

Now you're just trying to give some people the vapors.
Smiley...this is all I was trying to say by getting a pet "fixed" right when you make the decision to own a pet. It IS cheaper to fix one animal....then to wait until the dog has a batch of unwanted puppies.

Richard...I am not against anyone feeding their animals "old Roy"!
I may be a advocate for animals as I did work in a vet clinic for 10 years in CO and just saw alot of abuse....and unless you really SEE it right before your eyes...it is hard to understand my grief.

That is the one focal point that any of us could see where animals being abused and left to die...etc....was the problem. Many pet owners do not get the animal fixed and follow thru...and even though it is a age old story...was just trying to make a point to someone with a animal right now needing to be fixed....much cheaper to do ONE dog....then to wait and have unwanted batches of pup's....and then the animal suffers.

Thank you, Mindy for your response. I guess we all have our passions in life...so, I speak for the innocent animal.
Ok people we need to think here, lets put some brain cells to use. If someone had cared about this dog and the puppies...and lets say they were sick, and they killed them for that reason. Do you really think if this was a kindness they did for them they would dump them off under a tree at a family recreational area and not burry them. No, these animals were killed and placed here. The puppies were just tied up in a sack and left to die. This was done by a sick individual who did not want these animals and has no respect for life. Yes to some these are just animals, and so what....but if you had any soul you can agree that to let a creature suffer and die for no reason at all is cruel. Everyone has their own opinion, but answer me this, would you want the person who did this to be left alone watching your kids.....do you think they have the feeling of mercy. The person who did this will pay whether in this life or the next and I feel sorry for you all that have such disregard for life. No creature deserves to die for no reason.
supporter
Posted by C.Kee (+378) 10 years ago
Thank you NicoleB
Nicole, there is no next life. You can tell me there is, but there isn't. I say it with as much faith as you have. Anyway, maybe that was a special place to that person? Maybe they were scared a person like you would see them burying the dogs and report them on MC.com.
Posted by Jody K (+108) 10 years ago
It would cost money for the dogs to be spayed and neutered, and it would cost money to put them to sleep. Couldn't the person have left them at the pound? Sure, they might have been put to sleep anyway but at least they would have had some chance. They wouldn't have suffered by being tied up in a bag to die.
Smiley seriously........wow. Have fun with that one
I would change your name though...I can think of a good one
NicoleB...very well and beautifully said! YOU have a heart and heart of FAITH! This is what might be separating some of us from the others.

Smily...all I can say it that was a pretty BIG statement you made about what happens when we pass from this earth. I feel real sad for you and pray for you. I agree with NicoleB who found the mother dog and her pups....the person/s responsible for this...did not have much of a heart. You seem very sure of yourself, Smily and what you have to say and that is your right. I just happen to feel sorry for you...something in your life has made you have a hardened heart.

This post is getting No WHERE! Thanks NicoleB for bringing this to everyone's attention. I am sorry you and your kids had to find this lovely sight....I just hope who ever is responsible thinks twice about owning a animal.
luvlife,

Who said, it was her and her kids? read again,

I think you are right though, these is getting know where, what is done is done, let it go. 54 replies wow ! people do have there own opinions or differences about things. animal cruelty happens everyday all day. nothing nobody can do about it or stop it.
JaDee....I was just going by the very first post by NicoleB....It DOES say her family...including her kids....found these dead animals while out for a family walk out at Doeden's.....just going by what I read.
I guess the whole purpose for this was just for people who wanted to make a stand for abused, neglected animals....and some people just took off with it and added some (HUMOR) to it.

Whatever....just refuse to see anything funny about it! I am done with this, too....just wanted you to read that the very first post of this topic does say...MY FAMILY....INCLUDING MY KIDS!!!!

SO DONE!
Luvlife,

don't get angry always remember luvlife.
supporter
Posted by SeptyTwo (+663) 10 years ago
sooooooo...

how about them Lakers??
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4945) 10 years ago
animal cruelty happens everyday all day. nothing nobody can do about it or stop it.

Of course there is something that can be done about it if enough folks try and cheers to the folks that try daily to stop animal abuse of any kind...
Saying you are going to pray for me won't earn you any brownie points with your imaginary friend god. Last checked, Praying for apathetic, or argumentative, foes is NOT in the bible. I know it pretty well to make that statement.

Edit; too soon? p.s Dr. Demento sings this, and I really don't think he's going to kill a baby or a puppy even.

[This message has been edited by Smiley (5/11/2011)]
supporter
Smiley, what precisely are you bringing to this conversation other than a fundamentalism which is no less obnoxious in its atheism as the christianist variety?

Yeah, I think some of the people here are a little overboard and somewhat overbearing when it comes to pet welfare - but on the other hand, discovering a bag of dead puppies is somewhat beyond the pale of pet care. We can probably find a happy medium, but really, in the grand scheme of things, obsessing over pet welfare is far less deleterious to the public good than, say, voting republican.
supporter
Whenever you realize there is no need to compensate for whatever you're compensating for when you drink that horrible yuppie beer, you have my vote for supreme fascist ruler.

What's the name of that terrible lye soaked fish poop Gunnar eats? I'll draw the comparison between that and dark beers next. That poor man must have been born a hermaphrodite or something.
I am doing exactly that, being obnoxious. I'm actually quite saddened by the passing of the puppies and their mother (for reals) but I couldn't care less about apprehending the suspect. I'd say it was fine reporting it to the police, but it's just the way of the small town people to cry about injustice on a public(well, private) forum.

I'd prefer to discuss religion. I learn a lot more than some pointless gossip.
Smiley...I "AM" SURE THE BIBLE TELLS US TO PRAY FOR THE ENEMY!

You are a young person who thinks you know it all.....YET, has so much to learn.

I did NOT bother to watch your "IMMATURE" little video. Again, I will pray for your heart to soften and maybe you can have something worth while to add to this topic when you grow up.
supporter
Hey now, you didn't receive any ringing endorsement.
*Cough Cough*I did contribute to this discussion, search border collie mix HERE and you MAY find your culprit. Sheesh.

And additionally, why I MAY have "growing up" to do, that does not include finding a savior that after researching and stuff my brain has concluded to be non-existent(after being a jesus freak for 11 years at least). Furthermore, perhaps you should pray that the AWFUL MURDERER gets locked up and maybe even the death penalty... That would be very christian-like of you.

EDIT: I don't know it all. If I did, I'd gladly tell you who I am pretty sure did this. Actually like 94% sure. But remember, I don't know it all. And since I am a christless individual I am going to hold the name of the culprit to myself. Miles City's Finest are sure to do it...

[This message has been edited by Smiley (5/11/2011)]
*COUGH-COUGH*....well, if you are 94% sure of who the culprit is...we'll just send "Miles City's finest" over to question you!

I don't appreciate you disrespecting the law enforcement officer's...there is NO need for that!

There was NO need to bring religion into it...YOU did that!

I think you are a angry, young person just looking for a arguement...thank you for ALL your positive input on this subject, Smiley. Your last comment sounded like a immature child...na, na....I might know who did it!!! UNREAL!

This is my last post on this....I am never on here and read a few other posts and see where you seem to offer the same kind of help and input....You must be a very unhappy person to try and create hatred when people are just trying to be helpful and positive.

Your last post did not even a deserve a reply....it was so immature!

To those of you who DO care about animal cruelty...Thank You!
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6166) 10 years ago
Where's remnantsoul when we need him?
Posted by Michael LaFayette (+79) 10 years ago
luvlife - If you go by PETA standards, shooting any animal healthy or not, it is abuse because it is inhumane. The animal could "feel" pain before it dies, or if you have bad aim and the animal don't die instantly ect..
But I am not gonna go there about peta.. yes its good they want better treatment of animals, but that organization is a bit to extreme in most aspects.
Who ever did kill the dog and pups, should be fined for it, but probably won't. Remember the kid who threw that cat in the fire at Kinsey.. did he get in much trouble... NO even though he should have
Feel free to send the cops. I'm sure they wouldn't mind driving 1500 miles to question me over some dead dogs...and PETA is a tad crazy.

Luvlife, not to call the kettle black or anything, but your last post was also immature. I hope you catch the person who did this. That way you and your 13 cats can sleep better at night knowing there isn't a crazy murderer on the loose. Peace
Posted by jassar (+21) 10 years ago
its forums like this that make me appreciate volunteering for the humane society here in Helena and greatly appreciate the volunteers who work endless hours to accomodate these animals. This is a no kill program, that people at least drop their pets off humanely with no questions asked. As a result the shelter is busting out of its seems and they are fundraising for a larger shelter. We have found what we hope are good homes for mama dogs and thier pups, but they are spayed and neutered before they are let go for adoption. There is a fee to adopt and an application process with counselors that talk about the dogs (and cats) needs. the fees help cover the costs of the spay/neuter/feeding/shots etc. The vets are very generous here. (of course there is a lot more here)

My daughter adopted a dog through the vet clinic in Miles City. The history was that our dog and its siblings were left on the pound doorstep and mama was dropped off in the country.

The poor dog had gone through at leadt two owners before we got her at 13 months. The mama we found out that another family in town had "found" and adopted. That's the only reason i know the story on mama. They both ended up with the same names. We did get our dog spayed and she is living happily ever after with my daughter and her beau.

I currently foster kittens and am so pleased that they survived and will find good homes, but again, they will be spayed and neutered. it is now possible through spay and neuter clinics in the state to have your animals fixed with minimal costs. The kitties who are now 8 weeks old will be able to be spayed when they reach two pounds, thus not contribute to the already large cat population.

it would be easy for me to be one of those cat ladies if i had the room and outdoor space, thus i have to let these little sweeties go.

I already have a shelter doggie, and two adopted cats. (all fixed and well cared for- probably a little spoiled)

i realize that Miles City may be too rural to have such a program, but i do think that Dr. Lindley does her best to find foster homes and to place dogs and cats adoptively. at least if she does have to put them down, it is a bit more humane and with deep regret and with dignity to the animal. i am not sure what it would take to have a spay and neuter clinic stop in Miles City but if anyone is interested i can probably find out. They hold them at least monthly in this area.

my two cents worth.
I remember having a free spay and neuter clinic a few years ago. I volunteered and there were a hole bunch of animals that came. Lots of people volunteered to help and it was a blast. I would do it again in a heartbeat. It was Dr. Lindley and other vets from surrounding areas doing the spaying and neutering. I believe it would be a wonderful thing to have this happen again, and I would definately donate my time to help!
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10002) 10 years ago
Michael LaFayette wrote:
If you go by PETA standards, shooting any animal healthy or not, it is abuse because it is inhumane.

PETA kills more pets than just about anyone. They have some sort of warped mentality concerning the matter.

Don't believe me? How about believing Newsweek?

Newsweek wrote:
Ironically, PETA has emerged as a strong proponent of euthanasia. (The group is better known for its public condemnations of everyone from fashion designer Donna Karan for her use of fur to the National Cancer Institute for its animal research.) In defense of its policy PETA has insisted that euthanasia is a necessary evil in a world full of unwanted pets.

http://www.newsweek.com/2...nasia.html

That's an old article. Their actions are worse now than mentioned there.
WOW ! ! PETA not so great, is it Michael LaFayette

Here comes the animal rights !
NicoleB

Are you going to protest now ?

[This message has been edited by JaDee (5/17/2011)]

I also have a question hopefully someone can answer, Why is this forum still going when everything is done and over with??

Here comes the REPLIES ! !

[This message has been edited by JaDee (5/17/2011)]
Well,however unwelcomed i guess.... i did try to offer a possible solution. the posts after mine decided to concentrate on continuing an earlier argument and to remind us that the post was done. Sad. maybe i am bit rusty with how the game is played now. possibly my post is coming through on a different language and it was easy to miss or no one is looking to rectify the situation for future pet populations.

oh well, probably one of the reasons i don't post as much as i used to.

sad to hear about the mama dog and her pups and for the children and family that had to come across them in such a state.

j stoeckel
ROY- Don't you have something better to do....like go clean the dog crap out of your yard!!!
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3713) 10 years ago
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17157) 10 years ago
Funny. Too bad that video doesn't have audio.
nicholeB. i should have read the posts a little closer to realize you were responding to mine. my apologies. i am always amazed how well the cliinics work up here and it takes a lot of manpower. i think if it was available, people would come from miles around and it may circumvent what seems to be a horrible waste to a beautiful animal. (killing them). I don't consider myself a radical animal lover and don't join organizations as a rule. but it does unnerve me to hear about this event and one about the cat being burned. i just don't remember people being so cruel there.

Maybe jean L. would know what is needed to set up another one. I know the ones up here can run close to 100 or more animals in a day. looks like a triage. what is sad is that 100 animals come through in a day with long waiting lists to get in. so, people are interested and it is affordable. it may be worth looking into and it is a great volunteer effort. I think Jean if she had the help and support would do it again.
supporter
Posted by Becky Gergen (+419) 10 years ago
Levi: Your video made us laugh. Reminds us of our youth. Thank you for submitting it.
supporter
Posted by annie221 (+258) 10 years ago
Okay there is a group here-Custer County Fund for Animals-that is working to do spay/neuter here in Miles City. No, we do not want (and the local veterinarians don't want) the group we had in the past to come here again. There were too many animals that contacted infectious diseases at the clinic-with some of them dying. Also the local veterinarians had to take care of some emergency aftercare for dogs and cats that developed medical problems with their surgeries. We want to organize the spay/neuter using our local veterinarians. The group has already supplied several thousand dollars to the clinics for spay or neuter. We want to raise more funds to continue to do this. The local veterinarins are on board with us on this-Thank you to East Main Clinic and Miles City vet Clinic. Most of the money has gone to East Main, because they take in the pound animals and try to adopt them into good homes. So we as a group (Custer County Fund for Animals) is paying for some of their care until adopted into qualified homes. The animals are not free from the clinic because the adoptor needs to take some responsiblity for the animal. Any money collected when the animal is adopted goes back into a fund to provide care for the next animal(s) from the pound. Animals from the pound are kept until they are adopted even if it takes a year or more; unless there is not room (at East Main Clinic or through the few foster homes) and then the animal is euthanized. Statistics show if you can spay or neuter 70% of the animal population then the population remains stable. So if you want to help with the over population of pets spay or neuter your animals!! Remember kittens as young as three months can reproduce and littermates will reproduce if kept together. Don't have a litter to let you or your children "experience the miracle of birth". And don't think that it is easy to adopt puppies and kittens into homes when you have a litter. Some dogs can have up to 13-15 puppies! It is hard to find homes for that many animals. Also think of the expenses of raising that many animals until they are ready for new homes. Even if you have a purebred animal they are hard to place in homes. There are many purebred animals that are in pounds and euthanized everyday!
So don't blame the veterinarians or city dog catcher if a dog or cat is euthanized. The blame belongs to the "owner" who turned the animal loose or didn't train the animal. Only 10% if dogs in homes are ever trained. Yes, there are some validate reasons to euthanize animals, but not because "my 6 month old puppy can't be house trained"; I just got my carpets cleaned and the dog has accidents; I can't find homes for this litter;my dog sheds;my dog is too unrulely; I have a new puppy and the old dog is not wanted any more;
I'm moving; my pet keeps having litters (get them spayed or neutered-much cheaper than litters)-------these are all reasons that people have given to have their animal euthanized. Amazing! Remember if you adopt an animal it should be for the life of the animal notwithstanding some unforseen catastrophe. Animals are not cheap they cost money for vaccinations, food, medical problems---Don't get an animal unless you can afford the expense. And if you do get an animal it is your responsiblity to rehome that animal if you have to rehome it. Don't expect other people to do that job for you. There have been so many nice dogs (house trained-not over active-people and animal friendly) and cats (litter trained-declawed(!)-affectionate) come through the local pound you wonder why they were abandoned. Also many puppies and kittens come through-Think before you adopt a puppy or kitten--they are active, untrained, and unruly--maybe you need a older animal that is already calm and trained.
Further information about Custer County Fund for Animals can be found on their facebook and website (new and ongoing).
admin
founder
Or in other words, "Okay there is a group here-Custer County Fund for Animals-that is working to do spay/neuter here in Miles City." ... "Further information about Custer County Fund for Animals can be found on their facebook and website (new and ongoing)."

This message brought to you by the ultimate compactor, the one where you simply take the first and last sentence and 0wn it.
supporter
Hey now Mr. "Compactor"... I like search-a-word puzzles.
supporter
Not a bad idea, fatass. I think the rules explain themselves.

admin
founder
Okay, that entire post is worthy of an award. What would we do without you Buck?
supporter
Something about nirvana, probably.
Posted by LT (+8) 10 years ago
Wow... This whole post has turned completely ridiculous! Do you realize how pathetic and unattractive you make this community look by posting the crap you do? Anyone considering moving here will definitely change there mind after looking at these kinds of topics. Plus those of you who don't even live in this community but yet find it necessary to get involved, is your community really that boring that you have to keeps such close tabs on Miles City? Wow people, real classy!
supporter
Do you realize how pathetic and unattractive you make the human race look? 85% of the Earth's population must fall into the oversensitive whiner category.
Posted by ron h (+52) 10 years ago
We all hope KARMA gets them in the end !
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1610) 10 years ago
Umm...that very wish tosses you right into the "gonna get it in the end" group, doesn't it?

FH
supporter
Are you saying it's bad karma to wish bad karma on someone? Uh oh.
Agree with LT
supporter
86%
Posted by tlk (+196) 10 years ago
Normally I wouldn't reply to these sort of things but, I am a dog owner and I lover her just as much as my kid but just the same I think, could the female dog have been sick? or attacked by another animal? yes i hate hearing that people would abuse their animals and show hatred on them but there seems to be variables to what may or may not have happen. It does disgust me and i do feel sorry for the poor girl. but if it MAY have been to the point that she was sick and the owners put her down so she wouldn't hurt then that could be a possibility.
Posted by Michael LaFayette (+79) 10 years ago
WOW ! ! PETA not so great, is it Michael LaFayette

Naw never seat they were great, I said they were a bit to extreme for my liking..
If you were refering to
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals , then yes it is great
Posted by Tom Rhoades (+40) 10 years ago
I really just love the people like luvlife that have an opinion, but do not use their real name! I still say that people using an alias really do not have a valid opinion! OWN IT PEOPLE!