Thank God We Killed the Bogeyman
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9307) 11 years ago
Now we can focus our attention on other monsters among us:
http://motherjones.com/po...on-stealth
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4950) 11 years ago
just heard that the death of OBL comes 66 years to the day of the death of Adolph Hitler...
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6172) 11 years ago
Well, only one day off anyway.

As far as Bridger's topic, it has always been clear that teenagers should be punished for their immoral behavior by being forced to have children they neither want nor are prepared to care for. There's no other logical reason for the distinction. It actually costs the taxpayers more to support that unwanted child than to pay for an abortion. Oh wait, if we cut out all the Medicaid, food stamps, rent subsidies, and Headstart programs we'll save a bunch!!

[This message has been edited by Wendy Wilson (5/3/2011)]
supporter
only need one more 6 for the religious folks to start predicting stuff LOL...
Posted by Dave Golterman (+237) 11 years ago
Wendy, those who oppose abortion for teens are not trying to punish anyone for so called immoral actions. They simply believe abortion is wrong because it takes a life. I know you've heard that before and I'm sure you're aware of alternatives to teens trying to raise a child, it's pretty simple...adoption.

As an adoptee, I'm glad abortion was not as available as an option in 1973.

I also find it rather puzzling that in some places a young woman cannot legally consent to sex, but she is able to have an abortion without parental consent.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4455) 11 years ago

You are sadly mistaken, friend.
supporter
Dave, if you'd read the article, you'd find that the issue is the redefinition of "rape" to ONLY consist of forcible rape - real rape, as it were, to separate it from those acts that are merely "rapish".

All of this to close the "rape loophole" in medicaid funding.

As I said: monsters.
supporter

If you think there was no abortion before 1973 you are a fool. I am also an adoptee, as are all my siblings, and am very thankful for my life. The problem is that adoption has, over the years, become less of an option. Many of the so-called Christian pregnancy assistance organizations pressure single women to keep their children rather than to give them up for adoption. I think the point of Bridgier's post (correct me if necessary, Bridgier) is that statutory rape is still rape because the woman cannot legally consent due to her age. Why should she not be able to access the services that any other rape victim could access? Well, because she engaged in immoral behavior and should live with the consequences. There's really no other reason for the distinction.
supporter
It's also a sort of Potemkin morality: since you're poor and all, we are going to restrict your access to a legal medical procedure, not because it's overly expensive, but because we don't like it, and therefore our moral choices will become your imperatives.

But even the middle class isn't off the hook here. Use an HSA to pay for your abortion? Better keep the receipt, because the IRS has some questions about it.

And this is being brought forward by the "party of small government". Is this what the Tea Party voted for?
supporter
Good God, I can see it now. "Ma'am, we're from the IRS Abortion Enforcement Squad. May I see your receipt?"
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15082) 11 years ago
So is this classified as itemizing your deductions or deducting your itemizations?
Posted by remoh1 (+38) 11 years ago
WOW thought I moved to a town of conservatives only to find a bunch of liberals that are all for murdering innocent babies that have no voice....
Posted by bigsky (+77) 11 years ago
most of the libs that post here dont live in miles. those that do represent a fraction of a percent of the town you now call home. you will recognize that the libs here are collegiate do nothings and the only argument they can muster is to pick apart your spelling and sentence structure. had they put the same effort into understanding history they would realize that their ideological view leads to totalatarianism. if they would just look around they would realize that every failing community in the country is primarily union, liberal communities. detroit has a literacy rate of 53%, and they still think that they have the answers. hell look at californias economic standing. we bailed out the auto workers unions.

dont waste your time on these people, they will meet their own demise.

and for a side note...milescityhome.com...was started as a college project, danny recieved an A for his effort, and then closed his site. he is reviewing options in the internet industry, and seeking out another degree, so his spare time is valuable and short. good for danny eh...

kinda nice that a website that apposed liberals was given an A. i guess that not all professors are liberal idiots.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15082) 11 years ago
and for a side note...milescityhome.com...was started as a college project, danny recieved an A for his effort, and then closed his site.

If this is true, there is a teacher that has low standards and needs to be fired. I have an 8th grader that has built websites that that looked much better that were written from html code in notepad.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4455) 11 years ago
Detroit and aaron have the same literacy rate.
supporter
liberals that are all for murdering innocent babies that have no voice....

Yes, that's exactly what we're talking about. Procreating moran.
supporter
kinda nice that a website that apposed liberals was given an A. i guess that not all professors are liberal idiots.

It would be interesting to know what college would allow grading based on political viewpoint. The professors I had graded based on how well the assignment was executed, not on the political content.
MilesCity.com is the most negative people bashing website I have ever read. Just moved to town and used this site as a tool to find out fun things going on in town but have found it to be a big downer to read. Too many people on here are putting people down and I guess that is thier way of making themselves feel better but it is a shame. I hope that all of the negative people on here can do some soul searching and find something positive to say or put all your energy into improving your community and stop hating on everyone.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1659) 11 years ago
Just moved to town?
I wondered what that new stench in the air was.

Big downer to read?
Try using "Hooked on Phonics" you ignorant cur.

Find something positive to say?
Ok, I'm positive that you are a putz!

Btw, as the chairman of the local "Bring smiles to Miles" welcoming comittee, I'd like to extend a huge "Welcome to Miles City to you!", you omnivorous ort.

FH
supporter
WOW thought I moved to a town of conservatives only to find a bunch of liberals that are all for murdering innocent babies that have no voice....

Welcome, remoh1! You fit right in!
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2744) 11 years ago

Except for one child who drank lye, I've never ever heard of a baby that didn't have a voice. Usually they choose to use it when I'm in the same airplane, on a redeye flight.
wow, that was nice.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1659) 11 years ago
Seriously, I was just kidding. Besides, I said "Welcome". Or should I have said it "emocleW1"

FH
supporter
as chairman of your committee, Frank, you do an awesome job... You make many laugh and that is a gift always...
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2744) 11 years ago
wow, that was nice.

If you thought that was nice, how 'bout this?

A pregnant Tina Fey hosted tonight's episode of Saturday Night Live and also once again played Sarah Palin. She has portrayed Sarah Palin so many times during the last few years, what do you think the chance is that her baby will also have Down's Syndrome?