Bike Stolen from Garfeild School!
Posted by Meri (+127) 10 years ago
My son's Blue Tony Hawk Bike was taken from Garfield School this afternoon! It was there when I picked up my daughter and then it was gone a half and hour later when he came out to leave from his tutoring! It has pegs on the back and tires that are rubber and do not go flat so it does not have a valve stem to air it up!
I was told by another parent that this was not the only bike taken today..Another young man's nice chopper bike was taken as well
I called it in to dispatch and notified the school as well! Parents please keep your eye out for a bike that does not belong! Thank You!
I also checked with local pawn shops!
We have never needed a bike lock till now!
supporter
Posted by K.Duffy (+1807) 10 years ago
I feel your son's *and your* pain.. I always put mine in the garage at night, except that ONE night, because I planned to take it to the bike shop 1st thing in the am. Left it in my front entrance/patio area..gone..sure it wasn't even by someone wanting one, it was just a fun game..
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 10 years ago
You've always neeeded a bike lock. You just didn't know it until now. Hope you find it soon.
supporter
Posted by Josh and Steph (+160) 10 years ago
That stinx....I won't let my kids ride their bikes to Garfield anymore...the first time I let them this spring and my son's bike had the air let out of his tire...the whole inside tube was pulled out. It wasnt like a normal flat tire. The tube was pulled almost completely out. It looked deliberate. My daughters bike was fine, but we just decided not to take any chances.
Posted by Cynthia A. (+196) 10 years ago
have to get a bike lock, we have had issues and they seem deterred by locks.