The Miles City online photo gallery!
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1439) 16 years ago
I'm very pleased, with kind permission from the webmaster, to post an invitation to all of you to join the Miles City flickr group!

http://flickr.com/groups/milescity/

Flickr (www.Flickr.com) is perhaps the largest, most popular online photo community. It's great for those who just take the odd snapshot, amateurs, or even pros to share photographs and have conversations about the photos. Even better - it's free.

In this case - I founded the group because there's so much about my hometown that can be shared and enjoyed through photos. I also didn't want to miss the chance to give a little back to my home that I miss a great deal.

Sometimes it's the grand pictures taken during major events like the Bucking Horse Sale, elections, or sporting moments. Sometimes, it's the little things like a deer along the river, a friend waving from across the street, or a picture of a recent snowstorm.

Miles City, as has been proven through this great website, has a history and culture that revolves around its people - the locals and the visitors.

I remind everyone how valuable sharing even the simplest of images for the enjoyment of others can be. They can bring back memories, they can create new ones, they can record changes and history, or they can simply be there for enjoyment's sake.

...one really doesn't need a reason to share an snapshot, right?

So, since one has start somewhere I'd like to invite you to join the Miles City flickr group. It will be moderated for the guidelines to make it family-friendly and most of all - it's for you. There's no requirement... share photos or just visit and view.

If you have a Yahoo! account (like email) you already have a name and password that will give you full access. If not - it's free to create a new one.

If you have any questions, please feel free to message me through this forum or through flickr (I'm the admin of the Miles City group and quite active at flickr each day).

Let's enjoy the community spirit of Miles City through photos!
I look forward to seeing you!

-Dan

[This message has been edited by Dan Mowry (edited 4/30/2006).]
Posted by Kacey (+3161) 16 years ago
Are you posting photos?
founder
Posted by Rick Goff (+73) 16 years ago
I'll try to find some pics to upload. I know I've got some.
supporter
Kasey,

I will be posting photos - however, I haven't lived in Miles City since 1998 and was last there in 2001. My family and I may be there for a visit this summer, as we still have family living there. Plus, some of my closest/oldest friends still live there.

So, my photos are a little older and I'm still rummaging through my digital tapes to get to them.

I'm looking forward to seeing old and new photos from MilesCity.com members as well - the more the merrier!

Rick,

Fantastic! I look forward to it - I'm sure others will too.

[This message has been edited by Dan Mowry (edited 4/30/2006).]
founder
Who'd have thunk that some of the first pictures uploaded would involve fire
supporter
Heh heh... well, since I'm an old city part-paid, that's just fine with me. It does my heart good to see old Engine 7 in those shots! I actually had no idea the KATL building went to practice (assuming it was a practice burn - judging by the many vehicles for such a small structure).

Thank you so much for the great start Rick!
supporter
Oops, sorry, I spelled "Kacey" incorrectly.
Posted by Kacey (+3161) 16 years ago
No problem. Will try to find some photos myself. I have one of the Airport Inn burning. Is there a theme developing?
supporter
Kacey, I'm looking forward to them! Thanks!

I must say, too, we're getting great submissions to the pool. This is very exciting. I can't wait to see more - and I'm getting notes already from people who really appreciate seeing these photos. So, thanks to everyone and the more the merrier.
Posted by MCGirl (+300) 16 years ago
Thanks for starting this pool--I just added some.
supporter
I see that! Thank YOU for joining and contributing.

Great stuff... great stuff.
founder
Some really good photos have been uploaded. Glad to see this linked in the Gallery section here too.
supporter
I agree!

Much thanks to Larry for his overall support here and in the gallery.

Also, we've got a nice group started at flickr.com with some fantastic photos. It's been a real treat watching it grow.

Thanks everyone!
supporter
[insert shameless rallying for photographs here]

Bucking Horse Sale 2006 is coming May 19, 20, 21.

You know what that means, right?

PICTURES!

It's a great event and a great excuse to share the experience with a snapshot. So, don't forget to send whatever you like to the flickr group if you're up to sharing.

http://flickr.com/groups/milescity/

Have a fantastic and safe BHS everyone!

[This message has been edited by Dan Mowry (edited 5/16/2006).]
Posted by grace t (+41) 16 years ago
wow, i just saw the pix clip... that was amazing..thanks