RIP Ella Rivenes (Grandma)
Posted by Sharlene (+1210) 10 years ago
Ella Marie (Crane) Rivenes, 95, of Miles City died in the presence of her three daughters, family, and close friends at her home on Saturday, April 16, 2011.

Ella was born November 10, 1915, in Bozeman, MT, the youngest child of Nelson Dalton Crane and Mary Theresa (O'Rourke) Crane. In 1936 she married her husband David Rivenes in Big Timber, MT. Ella and David lived in Ekalaka, Bozeman, Miles City, and Baker before returning in 1944 to Miles City, where they stayed the rest of their lives, providing invaluable leadership to the educational, recreational, athletic, and cultural life of the community.

Ella is survived by her daughters, Sigrid Laird (Bo), Sue Kuehl (David) of Miles City, and Jen Jensen (Gary) of St. Louis, MO; eight grandchildren, Ragna (Jensen) Bartholomew (Morris) of Miles City, Stephanie (Laird) Pratt (Greg) of Ripon, CA, Patti (Kuehl) Hughes (Charles) of Castle Rock, CO, Cameron (Laird) Burton (Victor) of Ripon, David Laird (Amy) of Ephrata, WA, Niels Jensen of St. Louis, Bridget (Laird) Batchelder (David) of Seeley Lake, MT, and Leah (Jensen) Williams (Tony) of Berkeley, CA; seventeen great-grandchildren, Zachariah Pratt, Molly Burton, Lauren, Jacob, Kyra and Mac Laird, Angus, Ella Marie, Willy and Hattie Batchelder, Suella Hughes, Nicholas, Joshua (Sarah), and Caitlin Bartholomew, Anthony, Isabella and Lucia Jensen-Williams; and one great-great-grandson, Jackson Bartholomew. She was preceded in death by her husband, David Rivenes.

Funeral services will be held on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 11:00am at the First Baptist Church of Miles City. Burial will be in the Custer County Cemetery.

Arrangements have been entrusted to the Stevenson & Sons Funeral Home. Condolences may be sent to the family by visiting www.stevensonandsons.com

Memorial donations may be sent to the Council on Aging, Hospice, First Baptist Church of Miles City, Sacred Heart School, the Convent Keepers, or a charity of one's choice.
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1438) 10 years ago
My condolences. I sure liked her and Dave. They were very nice neighbors to my Grandma and always were great with us kids.
Posted by Kacey (+3159) 10 years ago
Dear Ella was such a wonderful lady. You have my heartfelt sympathies. I have known her my whole life. My memories go from the time I helped her and Dave at the TV station to seeing them both at church every Sunday to being given a tour of Dave's toy collection to seeing them down at the Bucking Horse parade to Dave's funeral. They always remained the same and always will in my heart.
supporter
Posted by ike eichler (+1226) 10 years ago
RIP Ella, I choose to believe she is now with Dave and maybe they have a small TV station. The definition of a Lady fit her to a T. My thoughts are with the family.
supporter
Posted by Barb Holcomb (+406) 10 years ago
My condolences to the whole family. I remember first meeting Dave and Ella in 4th grade for the spelling bee and then numerous other occasions as I grew up. They were a great couple and set such a wonderful example for the community.
supporter
Posted by Shu (+1795) 10 years ago
My condolences, as well. Ella and Dave were Miles City to me. I have a lot of respect for them both for their kindness and community involvement over the years. Ella, enjoy the afterlife now that you are with Dave again. Rest in peace.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 10 years ago
My condolences to the Rivenes family.