Congratulations Joe Whalen!
Posted by Eric Brandt (+839) 16 years ago
It is with great delight that I announce that Joe Whalen is the new Mayor of Miles City.

Good Luck Joe! May your experience and perseverance serve us all well.
Posted by Barbara J Ashley (+46) 16 years ago
It was a great meeting, congradulations Joe--look forward to you being the mayor. I knew along time ago when you first came to town you were a special person.
founder
Posted by Johnnie Lockett Thomas (+402) 16 years ago
Congratulations Mr. Mayor. I lost my councilman, but here's hoping your replacement n that office will be a worthy one.

Johnnie Lockett Thomas

PS, Joe. Strike up the band.

JLT
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15082) 16 years ago
Congradulations Joe.
supporter
Posted by Dona Stebbins (+825) 16 years ago
I add my hearty congratulations, Joe! I hope to see you at the Mayors' Academy in Billings next month.
Posted by rosemary (+70) 16 years ago
Joe,Congratulations.Martha
Posted by deer_slayer (+481) 16 years ago
Congrads to Joe...I met him not long ago...seemed like a really nice fellow. I hope that the real politik of Miles City doesn't make him to crazy.
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2103) 16 years ago
Congrats Joe
Next time I get to MC I will try and look you up at City Hall instead of the book store.
Grrreat for MC.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11978) 16 years ago
Just think, if, four years ago, when you wandered into my office asking about the vacant space next door, I had leapt up and yelled "RUN!!!! STAY HERE AND YOU'LL END UP AS MAYOR," would you have thought me crazy?

Don't answer that. Hearty congratulations and when you're settled in, I'll tell you all about the Preserve America application I'm working on. . .

Amorette
Posted by gypsykim (+1562) 16 years ago
Congrats to Joe and the citizens of Miles City!! NOW we'll see some progress. My hats off to you, Joe!
Posted by JOE WHALEN (+619) 16 years ago
Thanks to all of the well-wishers here!

I'm still looking at the world through jackelope eyes this morning but expect to recover soon. The orientation is underway as of early this morning. When things get more settled, I'll have more to add regarding city affairs.

Joe
Posted by JOE WHALEN (+619) 16 years ago
[This message has been edited by JOE WHALEN (edited 4/26/2006).]
Posted by MCGirl (+305) 16 years ago
Congrats, Joe! The City will certainly benefit from your vision.
supporter
So... how long before we can turn the water tower into a huge cowboy hat??
founder
Posted by Bart Freese (+933) 16 years ago
Joe is the mayor of New Orleans? Hey, I missed something here.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17732) 16 years ago
Congratulations, Joe. You may recall the helpful suggestions I gave your Growth Management Survey here at Miles City.com several years ago. Now comes the time to implement all of my brilliant suggestions. I look forward to coming out hunting this fall and visiting the new Haines Avenue Shotgun Willies, as well as paying exorbiant taxes on Schmidt beer so that Miles City can retain a top notch fire department.
Posted by Barbara J Ashley (+46) 16 years ago
From Mat Ashley to Joe
Congrats to Joe Whalen. I'd be very interested in
learning about his ideas for economic revitalization.
Tell him good luck for me. I'm sure he has his hands
full.

I'm going to see the Taj Mahal this weekend!
supporter
Posted by Van (+564) 16 years ago
Congrats Joe. I wonder if we will have to send him to MCC to learn how to send emails.
Posted by Kara (+28) 16 years ago
Thank you Mayor Whalen for the willingness to take on such a responsibility!
- Joe is an incredible gift to this community and a true humanitarian who has a huge heart for Miles City. I feel blessed to have him as my mayor!
Posted by Art Jacobsen (+48) 16 years ago
Joe,

In your short time here you have not only met people but you have listened to them. You've not just lived here but you have observed the town thoughtfully seeing the town through eyes not influenced by the past but encouraged by a vision for the future. We are in good hands. Congratulations.
supporter
Posted by Lynne (+133) 16 years ago
Joe, congratulations & good luck from Iraq.
Posted by pulmonade (+118) 16 years ago
You may have to put your finger in a steak or two.

Viva Brautigan!

Viva Joe!
Posted by Betty Emilsson (+68) 16 years ago
Diplomacy, civility, intelligence, and vision are the attributes of a fine mayor. Elsie and I extend our best wishes to you, Joe and thank you for taking on this job. This has to be a sign of good things to come.
Posted by Deadeye (+29) 16 years ago
Up to this point Joe, I thought you were intellegent, reasonable, and rational. Now I know the truth.

Good luck! Glad to have you as mayor.
Posted by Chris (+29) 16 years ago
not living here that long, and not knowing that many people in this town, isn't Joe the owner of the book store? Just curious before I make more comments
Posted by Art Jacobsen (+48) 16 years ago
Chris,

That he is and more!
Posted by Craig Bolton (+38) 16 years ago
Congratulations Joe! I can see Miles City transforming into the cultural hub of Custer County.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11978) 16 years ago
As opposed to Ismay?
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2103) 16 years ago
Maybe Mizpah?
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17732) 16 years ago
I thought Craig really was thinking of Hathaway. Certainly Hathaway has more culture going for it than Miles City (any red-blooded male with a rolled-up dollar bill in his finger tips can attest to that).

But then, I started to think, then got the highway map out, and saw Hathaway is in Rosebud County. So, Craig, where is the cultural center of Custer County? Inquiring minds want to know.
Posted by Mardi Milligan (+11) 16 years ago
Congratulations, Joe! We all know you'll do a great job! Doesn't matter whether it's through Jackalope eyes or not! Thanks for stepping up to the plate!
supporter
Gunnar: you aren't familar with the wild horse pavillion??
Posted by Salli (Scanlan) Starkey (+241) 16 years ago
Congratulations Joe, you're the best! Really