Parks and Rec Dept. in Miles City
Posted by Kerry Kilen (+96) 11 years ago
What's going on with the discussions on getting a Parks and Rec Dept. in Miles City? I believe the councilmen are talking about it. Anyone heard any news because i think this town needs one.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11978) 11 years ago
There was a joint City County Parks and Recreation Dept. that was dissolved during the financial crisis of the Reagan years. I think the City move is to try to create a more stable funding source but I could be talking through my hat.

Stone?
Posted by Joe Whalen (+619) 11 years ago

Kerry:
I'm asking the City Council to initiate the formation of a Parks and Recreation District in coordination with Custer County, MT. FWP, BLM so that we might pool our resources, broaden our funding base, and finally add some recreational planning to our local parks system.

A presentation was scheduled for our last Public Services committee meeting but we didn't have a quorum. We'll try again next week.

Joe
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11978) 11 years ago
This would be a wonderful idea!
Posted by Kerry Kilen (+96) 11 years ago
Thanks Joe ! Your the Greatest and keep up the good work! We could really use this in MC . Let us all know when the next meeting will be on this so we can show our support. Kerry