CrossFit??
Posted by Paulene Fitchett (+24) 11 years ago
Any CrossFitters in the area? I would love to workout with you....the Centra doesn't have everything that a CrossFit box would have but we could make it work
Posted by gierke (+192) 11 years ago
don't know what crossfit is. might be interested
Posted by Paulene Fitchett (+24) 11 years ago
Well you are definitely missing out! Check out CrossFit.com

World Class Fitness in a Hundred Words:

Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.

(courtesy of CrossFit Inc)
Posted by JPetroff (+4) 11 years ago
Go and talk to Danny Davis at the Centra he does Crossfit style workouts every now and then and would know if anyone is training using Crossfit. Good luck in the training!
supporter
Posted by K.Duffy (+1808) 11 years ago
Man...am I a slug..
supporter
Posted by Jeff Denton (+758) 11 years ago
The Crossfit gym here in Kal is fantastic. It did wonders for my stepson, he lost almost thirty pounds in a month. He thought they were going to kill him... I witnessed a session, it wore me out just watching.
It's across the street from my warehouse, I see a lot of cars there every day. So they must not be too rough on people...