Farewell to Elizabeth Taylor
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4944) 10 years ago
she was 79...I enjoyed your numerous movies and may you rest in peace...
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2706) 10 years ago
I wonder what Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher are thinking today?

[This message has been edited by Kelly (3/23/2011)]
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 10 years ago
When I was doing Stardust, she was in the hospital with pneumonia in 1961. Her heath was as terrible as her beauty was awesome.
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3245) 10 years ago
I agree with Amorette. Her beauty was awesome. I just read where Eddie Fisher died last year and is buried with his wife Betty. RIP.
Posted by mrozla (+17) 10 years ago
Yeah, I met Eddie Fisher's friend/accountant at a bar the night of his funeral, that was just a few months back. December maybe? She said his last years had not been peaceful ones as the vultures started moving in on his fortune even before he was dead.

[This message has been edited by mrozla (3/23/2011)]
Posted by Josh Rath (+2305) 10 years ago
Want to know what is even worse than her death? Westboro Baptist Church will be there, picketing it. Great.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4944) 10 years ago
oh those violet eyes....

supporter
In the book about Matthew Shepherd, written by his Mom, The Westboro Baptist Church showed up...but, in front of them...a group gathered that had plastic pipe (if I remember right) across their shoulders and they slit a sheet that went over their heads that made them look like angels...and they totally blocked the protesters from view.

Gorgeous picture of Elizabeth.
Posted by MR (+392) 10 years ago
love the movie " Giant". I have seen it about a dozen times !!
Posted by Maryann McDaniel (+249) 10 years ago
My husband John is featured tonight on two Houston TV stations because of his encounter with Liz Taylor when he was a motorcyle cop in the 1970s. Small world -- I now work for the school district where this all happened on Lake Conroe outside of Houston area. We are still waiting for the Channel 13 website posting which just aired and which really touched on how he was so impressed with her kindness. The TV station was here for over an hour filming. I hope you are able to access.

Here is the one that is already featured (Channel 11) and although short, explains what happened.

http://www.khou.com/entertainment/Local-police-officer-recalls-chance-encounter-with-Elizabeth-Taylor-118543519.html

I wil post the Channel 13 one as soon as it is available. He found her quite gracious.
supporter
Posted by MRH (+1489) 10 years ago
supporter
A great article and such a wonderful memory.