supporter
Posted by Shu (+1795) 10 years ago
I try not to be one to start or spread gossip, but there's some facebook buzz going-on that CW Wilcox has passed away...is this true?

Right on the heels of Dawn Dee Lee passing, too, how sad if it is true.
Posted by Josh Rath (+2305) 10 years ago
Yes, it is true... Let's leave it at that...
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 10 years ago
C. W. has had health problems for many years. I can remember when he had a brain tumor back when I was in high school. Some people are just not destined for a long life.
supporter
Posted by Cindy (+386) 10 years ago
Sad sad news. Rest in Peace, CW. We will miss you!
supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1272) 10 years ago
This is very sad. I have known him all my life. An influence in my radio career. I have known him for almost 35 years. I feel horrible.
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6014) 10 years ago
Rest in peace, C.W.
Posted by Move On (+11) 10 years ago
[deleted by the Webmaster]
supporter
Posted by Shu (+1795) 10 years ago
I, too, am saddened by this.

I worked with CW in the radio business, as well. He was quite enthusiastic. He was also present and active at my church and was as big a fan of the Sacred Heart Shamrocks as anyone there at the time.

I know he wasn't perfect - none of us are - but I really liked the guy.

May he rest in peace.
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4463) 10 years ago
Sad sad news.
Posted by Herbie (+115) 10 years ago
I really enjoyed listening to CW's play by play of sporting events and enjoyed working with him for many years. A true loss in the radio industry. Rest in Peace my old friend!
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14950) 10 years ago
This is really sad news. I alway enjoyed CW's play by play coverage. Also, really enjoyed the "Long and Short of it" program that he did with J, Michael Doris on KICK. He was a very funny guy. As others have said, rest in peace. My condolences to the family.
Posted by Barb H (+24) 10 years ago
I also say this is very sad news.We have lost a someone who truly loved Miles City.I knew C.W for many years ad we had some fun conversations when ever we met. Rest in peace,and all my prayers are with his family and his many many friends.
supporter
Posted by Barb Holcomb (+406) 10 years ago
I remember CW on the radio and at sporting events. He interviewed me once on the radio for the Miss SE MT pageant. His son HR was a year ahead of me the short time he went to SHHS. In a 6-degrees from Kevin Bacon moment - my stepdaughter's husband is his nephew. My condolences to his family.
Posted by Forsyth Mike (+475) 10 years ago
This is sad news indeed. C.W. was one of the original announcers at KIKC Radio here in Forsyth. He had a great radio voice and, as others have noted, was a great sports announcer too. He and Mike Dorris did a remote broadcast at our store (Valley Auto) once and we had a great time. After he left, KIKC was never quite the same.

R.I.P.
Reminder:

The Funeral is today @ 11AM at Sacred Heart Catholic Church.
Posted by Mary McClarty (+81) 10 years ago
So sorry to hear about C.W. Was truly one of the legendary voices of sports in MC.