Why Glendive Sucks...
Posted by deer_slayer (+480) 16 years ago
...Sam Hould's last post on "You know you're from Miles City" has inspired me to start this thread allowing the good people of Miles City to list their reasons why Shelbyville...I mean Glendive sucks:

1. Weird, rat-like, blond haired, far sighted children.
2. The number 16.
3. They drink our pee.

Just to name a few.
Posted by Morhead (+115) 16 years ago
That is nasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6113) 16 years ago
Nasty yes, but uncannily accurate. The place always has and always will give me the jibblies. Makes Laurel look like Xanadu.

No matter how much Miles City may fall from its peak, it will always have Glendive to cushion the fall.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9297) 16 years ago
I think the chariot racing scene was shot on the DCHS track....
It's not THAT nice.
founder
Posted by Chad (+1769) 16 years ago
The BN railroad engineers from Glendive blow their horns extra long when passing through Miles City- especially late at night or early AM. That sucks.
Posted by ssommerfeld (+14) 16 years ago
OMG-That is something I have yet to get used to, the damn thirty second whistle blow at 3a.m.
Posted by Ann (+4) 16 years ago
Glendive doesn't suck. Glendive is actually a very nice community.
You ought to get to know it better.

[This message has been edited by Ann (edited 4/14/2006).]
Holy crap ANN!!!!! This is not the proper thread for your rantings on why Glendive doesn't suck....this IS the thread for why Glendive DOES suck. If you want to talk about why Glendive doesn't suck start your own thread.

3 more reasons why Glendive sucks....

1. Red Devils (aka commie bastards)
2. they sold Moses into slavery
3. they murdered John Wayne
Ann, Glendive sucks. Just as in Glendive, Miles City sucks. They're wrong of course. Glendive sucks.
Posted by Andy Hanson (+152) 16 years ago
Yes Glendive has always sucked. I remember in the early 60's going to a dance in Glendive and introducing the twist to the locals with my first wife, June Anderson. We were asked to leave the city, which we did.

Andy Hanson
supporter
City? I thought you said you were in Glendive. Which sucks, by the way....
I remember once driving through Glendive and feeling this sucking sensation. I thought it was just the wind, so I rolled up my window and to my suprise I still felt this sucking sensation. I actually had to stop the car, get out, and make sure that I wasn't losing my mind. Well, it turned out that it wasn't me and that Glendive actually did suck.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17661) 16 years ago
Are you sure that sucking sensation just wasn't our high-paying American jobs heading down to Mexico?
Adam Morrison is originally from Glendive? That explains the look of him, at least (Anyone whose facial hair is worse than mine gives me the creeps - yikes!) Must have picked up the basketball ability after he moved, though.
supporter
Posted by Jim Brady (+431) 16 years ago
Many moons ago I played a dance job with Burch and the "Walkers" at Skateland in Glendive. We played to an empty house all night because there was a kegger going on somewhere. When it was over, the gate was $4 bucks. The owner generously gave it all to Burch, because he was out of pocket on us.

I'll bet Burch still remembers that....
Posted by Mimi (+52) 16 years ago
I'm still mad at the Dawson County commissioners for selling 4,480 acres at $31.00 an acre with the mineral rights! Yet another reason Glendive sucks

[This message has been edited by Mimi (edited 4/17/2006).]
Posted by siobhan (+8) 16 years ago
....with the mineral rights! How did they do that!!!

Glendive can't suck that bad ...they have a Web Cam.
A webcam showing what? Rot and decay? Oh joy!
Posted by Mimi (+52) 16 years ago
There's a web cam? They sold the land and "parlayed" (via grants etc)that roughly $140,000 into 1 million dollars for a new senior citizen rec center. I'm sure it will be nice to have a new senior center, but 1 million? It would have been nice to have built a "community" center for all of us (seniors included). Plus, the construction has run into many problems. Now that the county owns that building, the Dawson County tax payers will have to pay for the upkeep and utilities. By the way, have you driven through here lately? The annual "Glendive aroma" is in full bloom!
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15076) 16 years ago
Hmm... is there a "Glendive.com"? I wonder if they have a "why Miles City sucks" thread.

Now the picture of satan in the gym IS very creepy.

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr (edited 4/19/2006).]
http://glendive-mt.com/phpBB2/

http://www.walleyesunlimited.com/webcams/yellowstoneglendivecam.html
Posted by Russell Bonine (+239) 16 years ago
Yep, they do have a "why Miles City sucks" thread. Its disguised as the "nasty folks to the west' thread.
http://glendive-mt.com/ph...php?t=225

All of 2 people have posted to it.

They have a whopping 92-registered users. The users have posted a total of 1106 articles.

I bet the MC Webmaster could tell us if any single user here has posted that many times. I am betting that some of you are close.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15076) 16 years ago
Speak for yourself Tonto.

I do feel a little cheated though. The Icons on the Glendive site move. Obviously, we need some new internet forum regulations...

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr (edited 4/19/2006).]
GOOD LORD!!!!!!

This may be the funniest thing I have ever seen. The Glendive web site is brillant! "Nasty Folks to the West" is great...this may be the frontlines of the new immigration battle. We should erect a wall near Terry to keep those reds out! Too funny.........

by the way....Glendive sucks.
Well, then I guess I won't be spending anymore money in your fine town of Miles sh!t... er.. I mean Miles City.

[This message has been edited by Ann (edited 4/19/2006).]
Another reason Glendive sucks...even their own people are logging onto milescity.com for some action!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:24 am Post subject: Off to Miles City Forum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no ACTION on this forum, so I too have decided to go and use the Miles City Forum at www.milescity.com

I live in Glendive, but no one uses this Forum anymore and Miles City has 992 registered and will most likely be busy.
GLENDIVE ROCKS!!! ...

But HELP - this SUCKS????...can't find a picture of My Mayor of Glendive....

I found one picture of My ex Mayor of Miles City...even one in a Green Chefs apron counts...

Some of my favorite citys...

My Mayor of Duluth
http://www.ci.duluth.mn.us/city/government/mayor/index.htm

My Mayor of Minneapolis
http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/mayor/images/rybak_large.jpg

My FAv Mayor of Anoka
http://www.ci.anoka.mn.us/cityhall/cc_skogquist.html

My Mayor of Saint Paul
http://www.stpaul.gov/mayor/

My Mayor of Bangor, ME
http://www.bangormaine.gov/cg_cc_councilors.php

My Mayor of Kingman, AZ
http://ci.kingman.az.us/pages/depts/cityhall/mayor.asp

My Mayor of Winnipeg
http://samkatz.ca/

My Mayor of Saint Cloud
http://ci.stcloud.mn.us/Web/departments/Mayor/mayorindex.htm

My Mayor of Fargo, ND
http://www.ci.fargo.nd.us/Commission/MayorFurness.htm

My Mayor of Grand Marais - Mark Sandbo
http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/mn/News/grandmarais.htm

supporter
It's a well known fact that Glendive sucks, but how many people here know that it's Sidney that swa.. err, never mind.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11898) 16 years ago
Glendive has some restaurants I enjoy. There is that one across from Kmart with the great freshly made potato chips and deep fried olives. Yum.

Amorette
Posted by K. D. (+367) 16 years ago
I agree with Amorette, Glendive has a few really good places to eat, unlike MC. MC is notorious for expensive grease, to put it kindly.
supporter
Glendive still has a Kmart? That sucks....
Posted by Dave Golterman (+236) 16 years ago
You gotta admit this one is good:

Reposted from the Glendive Forum:

Another reason Miles City sucks? That fat blueberry girl on Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory.

Dave
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4454) 16 years ago
That's not a good one. That's a reason MC kicks ass.

And expensive grease? At least it's not poo - Hardee's.

[This message has been edited by Buck Showalter (edited 4/20/2006).]
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4457) 16 years ago
Ann, please take consolation in the fact that, from first glance, I think only one person who's posted on this thread so far actually lives in Miles City. And that's Amorette, the big Glendive fan .

For the most part you can assume the people talkin' smack about Glendive had their problems with Miles City too.

I really hope we can find solutions that will lift both our towns' fortunes in the future.
Posted by Scot (+50) 16 years ago
I like Eastern Montana, including, Glendive, Terry, Wibaux and Miles City.
Eastern Montana has so much going for it. Nice people, open spaces and too much more to write about.
I have to admit, I did start taking this too seriously. (just have a lot going on in my life right now.) Actually, I think it's pretty funny!!!
supporter
If we start saying nice things about Glendive, the terrorists will win....
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4454) 16 years ago
Eastern Montana is definitely better than, say, Western North Dakota.
For the most part you can assume the people talkin' smack about Glendive had their problems with Miles City too.

Rick....you suck too...why not move to Glendive where you belong?
Posted by jessiker (+284) 16 years ago
Well... I spent most of my life in Miles City... and live in Glendive now... and would like to say...

Miles City is a great place to be *FROM.* Glendive, on the other hand, is just a great place to *be.*
Posted by MCGirl (+304) 16 years ago
Here's my 2 cents--
When I was in G'dive a few weeks ago, I was driving through a little neighborhood. I saw an old, rusted pickup with 2 flat tires. On the hood, and on top of the cab, sat two small children. Each had raging bedhead and dirty footie jammies on and each child had their arms in (up to the shoulders) their own bag of Doritos. Actually, one may have been Cheetos.
Then I saw a house that had so many Easter decorations, I almost converted to something other than Christianity just to escape all association. It had inflatable bunnies, eggs everywhere, things tied to the tree, window stickees, huge baskets full of eggs, and a group of small dolls, lined up and DRESSED UP to look like they were hunting eggs. Creep-tastic!

But, I enjoyed eating my lunch at Whipkey Park. So it's got that going for it. Which is nice.
supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1278) 16 years ago
Buck said: "Eastern Montana is definitely better than, say, Western North Dakota."

When you get that far east, aren't they one in the same?
Has anybody been logging onto Glendive.com lately and read the posts by flimflam????? This guy is pushing the Glendivians buttons. He says he's from Forsyth, but I'm thinking he's a Miles City guy. And with a name like flimflam....I'd bet he's a smoker.

he does have some interesting scientific data on the mean IQ of Glendive and Baker though. Maybe he works at Ft. Keogh?
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1431) 16 years ago
LOL...

OH man, they got us on a couple of them (the Willy Wonka reference was just a solid hit from the top rope - can't argue that one).

It's a shame there's a few people in either forum that can't enjoy the lighthearted spirit between us in these threads. I like Glendive - especially the ones with a sense of humor.

Having said that (so I don't feel left out)...

I wanted to read the second page of the Glendive forum listings for why Miles City sucks - but it's taking minutes to load. Maybe it's because Glendive sucks so badly that it's sucking their internet connection out from the rest of the world?
Posted by Mimi (+52) 15 years ago
I think flimphlegm did push a lot of buttons over there in the beginning. He's the epitome of being "way out in LEFT field". But now most just ignore him and go to another site like this one or the Billings Gazette site
Posted by Gary Bonine (+90) 15 years ago
"When you get that far east, aren't they one in the same"

no way dude. dont you know how the MT-ND joke war started!?
a north dakotan through a grenade over the state line.
a montanan, seeing this, walked over to the grenade, pulled the pin and through it back.
founder
Posted by Chad (+1769) 15 years ago
Glendive is having their car show and cruise this weekend for those that are interested.
Posted by deer_slayer (+480) 15 years ago
THIS JUST IN: GLENDIVE STILL SUCKS
Posted by Jeremy Orthman (+439) 15 years ago
Gary,

No, it started long before that. Before Custer left ND he told them to play dumb until he got back.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17661) 14 years ago
Anyone notice that the Glendive website is down, as in permanently? Is this further proof that Glendive still sucks?
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4454) 14 years ago
Proof isn't necessary. Maybe it's an indication that hell finally came back and swallowed the place up.
Posted by Bob Netherton (+1886) 14 years ago
Does glendive still have that creepy satan image in their gym? I can remember going to glendive during my high school days. If I recall................it sucked.
supporter
Posted by Emilie Boyles (+251) 14 years ago
FYI Gunnar, the website you were looking at is probably the old one...Glendive has a new website and forums at www.glendive-mt.net (the old one was .com).
Posted by Gdive (+37) 14 years ago
Yeah miles city is so great, that is why a gay guys gets the poop beat out of him for no reason, and you got that huge ugly old hospital there, or that people get shot for trying to help a friend out, oh how bout that at basketball games your fans try and start crap with the other fans, way to show kids good sportsmanship, yeah miles city rocks! BOOOOOO
supporter
Posted by Shu (+1800) 14 years ago
None of that stuff ever happened in Glendive??? Where's your proof? I've witnessed poor sportsmanship a couple times there myself...oh, and by the way, the ugly old hospital was torn down last year and no longer exists, dork.
supporter
Posted by spacekace (+889) 14 years ago
...you're just jealous that the old ugly hospital...that is no more... was bigger than any building the "dive" could ever produce!
Posted by LG (+201) 14 years ago
Wow, hard to tell if the sarcasm is viable or not.
If the guys on glendive.com are serious, they're jerks.
And not even in a funny way.
I really truly believe that they killed John Wayne now.

'Miles City flush your toilets, Glendive needs the water!' - My Dad

[This message has been edited by LG (edited 3/26/2008).]
supporter
Here's one - I went to check out the new site. They have about 3 posters, anyway - someone said something like "This is the best forum ever." Go check it out, you'll know why Glendive sucks.

Be warned though, if you're prone to seizures you should skip it.
Posted by TK (+1628) 14 years ago
Well, let's see here; I'm originally from Glendive and have been living in MC for 7 years this year. . . .just because I have family there, Glendive doesn't suck for that reason. When I was in high school (graduated in 1999), the Red Devils ROCKED (except in my Junior year when we changed our mascot from the devil to Sonic the Hedgehog--now THAT SUCKED!) Thank GOD my senior year it was back to the devil!!!! KMart sucks still. And there's really no-where good to eat anymore. Trail Star and CC's are SOMETIMES ok; and at Subway I think you have to ask for lots of extras everything otherwise your food is nothing but bread.....oh yeah, and at Dairy Queen you have to actually LOOK for your food after you get it! Frosty's is still really good, although a bit pricy...
When I go to Glendive to visit my family, that's ALL I do! Can't even go downtown for even 1 drink cuz it seems the minute you walk into the bar, the cops are waiting for you when you come out! Not like they have anything more important to do!
Posted by wilmajean (+44) 14 years ago
When I was growing up in MC it was always flush twice, its a long way to Glendive.
Actually I happen to know the cops in Glendive and they really dont mess with people. Maybe they saw your plates and just had to get at ya. Not your fault really, they just know that miles sucks a** and no there has never been a gay guy that got the SH** knocked out of him simply cuz he was gay. That is the good thing about glendive we dont judge based on BS like that. We'll leave that to you guys... oh another reason why that hole in the earth sucks. And you are running down subway? how is that even comparable lol you make me laugh that you have to dig that deep to find something. And FYI our subway has more than three parking spaces and the employees are under fifty and have more than one speed, unlike my visit to your sh** box the other day. Come on now, surely you can think of better reasons than subway to run glendive down. Or is it that 5th grade education I hear so much about that is holding you back?
Posted by Derek Vinyard (+12) 14 years ago
uh-oh
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4457) 14 years ago
Wow, did you just talk smack by comparing Subways?

Maybe we should really get down to business and compare McDona... oh yeah, oops.

Anyway, I'd take the Beer Jug over any Subway anywhere. Now if we could only get a Pickle Barrel.
Mr. TK was talking about subways, and I agree the Beer Jug does kick some a** the beer jug special is great! And in all honesty I am glad mc donalds is gone, trans fat and toothless cooks, see ya!! made me happy. course I think they all relocated to miles from what I saw at their mc D's
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17424) 14 years ago
I'm surprised to hear Glendive's McDonald's has closed. They had been in operation since before Miles City's McDonald's which opened, I think, in 1985.

The way Sidney is booming I thought maybe Glendive was enjoying a bit of an economic boost as well. Perhaps not.

- Dave
People, people. Can't we agree on anything!? Glendive sucks!
they couldn't get insurance or something like that cuz it's in a flood zone. I dont really miss it lol. And as for mister not agreeing on anything, you suck!
Posted by Brian (+354) 14 years ago
Oh, I remember VERY well how Glendive treated gay people. While I was going to college there, a couple of my buddies from the Forensics team were constantly being harassed by the local "flavor." Don't even act like Glendive is the San Francisco of Montana. The only difference between how Glendive and Miles City treats it's gay people is that we at least treat our lesbians with respect...even joy.
founder
Gdive,

I remember hearing something about the flood plane in the area of Glendive's McDonald's and Kmart. I thought I heard something to the effect of the federal government was going to pay to relocate those businesses or something like that. Did I imagine that or was there some discussion along those lines?

- Dave
supporter
If San Francisco is Spanish for sucks, I think Glendive deserves the title.
Posted by TK (+1628) 14 years ago
Actually, Gdive, it's not Mr. TK, it's Mrs. LOL
Beer Jug's not too bad. I love it when people I know are working when I come down to visit my family. They don't skimp on the cheese or any toppings when I get nachos! Beer Jug has the world's best nachos! Except when they have people who don't know us, then the toppings are pretty skimpy and small servings....
supporter
Losing focus here. Glendive sucks, bad.
supporter
Agreed. When Ross Perot heard that giant sucking sound years, it wasn't the sound of our high-paying American jobs going to Mexico because of NAFTA. He actually was listening to Glendive.
oh so you discriminate then, you guys only beat the hell out of the male gays. That is nice. Good to know!! I do have a question someone wrote "When Ross Perot heard that giant sucking sound years, it wasn't the sound of our high-paying American jobs..." years what? Doesn't make sense. If you are gonna trash talk try using grammar check it works wonders. Yet another reason why Glendive is better than you!
Hey Brian, does Joy know you are using her to hold lesbians on a pedistal while bringing down the gay man? Just curious. And I know Joy and she is a great lady!!
supporter
In Glendive, the gays are afraid to come out of the closet.
Posted by Dan (+457) 14 years ago
In one post the ranter encourages the use of grammar check and in the next post the ranter fails to use spell check...
That is hilarious-
supporter
And a perfect example of why Glendive sucks.
Gays are afraid to come out of the closet? I mean really, is this what you have resorted to? Surely you can do a little better than that!! just to settle the whole gay thing, there are many gays in Glendive, some of which have been there a long time. Must not be to scared if they are ok with everyone knowing. I can asure you also that if a gay man or woman were to come here, he would be treated with respect and not used prior to getting the ever lovin shi* beat out of him. Now lets see if you can come up with a better reason other than having to jump on a minority group.... i'll be waiting
supporter
I'm sure Glendive is an open-minded and diverse community. Well educated, too. Brilliant minds such as yours are proof that Glendive is an outstanding community, far above and beyond simple sucking. You suck with the finesse of the most experienced hookers in Vegas. Your sucking is something to behold, beautiful and heart-breaking like a Shakesperean drama, but as vigorous and consistent as the piston strike in a fine German engine. You suck with the rise and fall of the tides and the phases of the moon, you suck with the changing seasons. Most of all you suck because you can't find anywhere but milescity.com to do your sucking. No one likes to suck alone. I pity you, but your fellow suckers need you. Go back and suck with your three sucking comrades on your seizure inducing suck forum.

[This message has been edited by Buck Showalter (edited 3/31/2008).]
LMAO!!!! I really dont know what to say to that other than thank you cuz I needed a good laugh! That truly was hilarious. Who helped you write that? Your mommy? Your wife? your big sister? I suppose you went to a thesaurus and typed in simple words. That was just too funny for words LOL!! Again, thank you! You made my day
supporter
It was actually your mommy, your wife, and your sister. They all suck... and well, might I add. The good, quality Glendive sucking we've all come to expect.

[This message has been edited by Buck Showalter (edited 3/31/2008).]
Posted by hat_3275 (+70) 14 years ago
Your jealous because your forum isn't as cool as Glendive's. Another reason why Glendive rocks and Miles City sucks!!! lol
supporter
The last four letters in the word "Glendive" says it all....
See now this is where the grammar check would come in to play again. Let me show you... "The good, quality glendive sucking we've come to expect..." That is a fragmented sentence. I knew you couldn't have come up with all that ranting all by yourself when you cannot even write a proper sentence. And F.Y.I. if you are gonna talk smack, make sure you know what it is that you are talking about. You see, my mom, dad, sister and brother were all killed in a car accident last winter. However, I will hand it to you, you have really out done yourself with the come back lol!!
A Miles City man is awaiting charges in two counties on allegations that he led deputies from three counties in a chase that exceeded 100 mph from Forsyth to Pompeys Pillar early Saturday while driving a stolen truck.

Shawn William Kenitzer, 32, is awaiting charges in Rosebud and Custer counties in the theft of a 2002 Chevy truck and the chase that followed.

The truck, stolen in Miles City, was disabled near Pompeys Pillar after Yellowstone County deputies set down spike strips at mile marker 20 on Interstate 94.

Rosebud County deputies began to follow the truck after it was reportedly traveling 96 mph near Forsyth at mile marker 95 at about 5 a.m.

yeppers, I am going to say it again.... YOU SUCK!
supporter
Wow...that is not a fragmented sentence at all...where did you go to school, GLENDIVE?

All I can say is, wow.
Actually, that is a fragmented sentence. Now my dear you have to remember that micosoft word doesn't always catch mistakes. Anyone that went to 7th grade english can look at that and tell you it is wrong. Do you want me to break it down for you??? I can explain it in very simple words so that you can understand. I also promise not to make fun of you afterwards
Posted by mule train (+1049) 14 years ago
I recently traveled to Glendive...where I saw first hand the strange albino far sighted children that the deer_slayer spoke of. I must admit, I was a bit skeptical that they existed in the first place, but there they were! As I pulled into a gas station, a large number of them surrounded my car. When I asked them what they wanted, they told me that they wanted meth. When I told them I had none, they asked if they could have money to buy meth. I told them that I was not in the habit of giving money to beggers, but that if they performed some kind of service, then I would give them some meth money. They responded by sucking the rust off my chrome rims on my truck tires! I couldn't believe it! I gave them each $5 dollars, and they went on their way. Unbelievable!

True Story...ISYN. Just another documented case of why Glendive sucks.
see now that whole meth thing makes me laugh. Beings not even a week ago a girl that lives in miles city got jumped... in front of her kids mind you, all cuz of meth. It's true, check your local paper. See her "friend" showed up at the house and when she stepped outside her friend and another girl threw her on the ground. A 3rd girl got out of the vehicle and the 3 of them proceeded to kick the ever lovin sh** out of her while her kids watched. Yeah you're right, you guys are way cooler than Glendive. Oh yeah, the albino thing... come on you can do better than that. My goodness, you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel to figure out ways to cut glendive down aren't you? WOW!
supporter
...Jealous again, because we HAVE a local paper... And REAL LIVE paper boys... They're not albino either.
Are you stupid? We do have a paper and we have paper boys. and if you are spending that much time checking out the paper boy to make sure he isn't albino then you just gave Glendive another reason why Miles City sucks.
I'm not making it up...it's true! There ARE far sighted albinos in Glendive....lot's of them.
Ok for the sake of argument lets say there are. Why would you aim your degrading comments at children? Let alone, why would you point out what is wrong with children? Comments like that just SHOUT out what the people of miles city are like. If they have to resort to picking on children and in some sense, make fun of them. I really hope you dont have kids, and if you do, I hope to God that they never have to deal with peers with the same attitude as yours. But hey, go ahead and keep on picking on children with disabilities, just makes Glendive look all that more better.... Kudos to us!
supporter
Posted by Shu (+1800) 14 years ago
...this Gdive person is taking this WAY too seriously! LIGHTEN UP!!!...another reason why Glendive sucks.
supporter
A lifetime of drinking Miles City pee will do that to a person.
supporter
Glendive is more better. Thanks for the grammar lessons.
Posted by wilmajean (+44) 14 years ago
" Now my dear you have to remember that micosoft word doesn't always catch mistakes." From gdive's 4/1/2008 10:11:38 AM post. I guess you where right on that one. I thought it was microsoft. Maybe in Glendive they use micosoft, and then it would all make sense.

P.S. Glendive is pretty close to the North Dakota boarder.

[This message has been edited by wilmajean (edited 4/1/2008).]
It occurs to me that if we could put all of our differences aside, we could all get along. Glendive is a town of people just trying to get along, not unlike Miles City. If we could quit focusing on what is bad about Glendive and consider the positives, perhaps we....uh.....could....

Excuse me. I think I was having a seizure. I'm better now.

Glendive sucks.
perhaps you all should attend a semester at the fine miles community college and get some lessons in proper english. Course they can't afford to put bleachers on both sides of the gym so maybe that is a bad idea. Come here and check out the new building... wait a minute we have 2 new buildings, and a new set of dorms and we rock. You guys just keep on ranting about urine and what not, it is amazing how smart it makes you guys look when all you do is run your mouth about children, urine and a "strong sucking sensation". LOL seriously keep with the same stuff, it really is amusing.
Renting a Uhaul for a day... $200

Gas to drive the Uhaul to Billings... $100

Seeing an idiot from Miles City crash a uhaul into an overpass....

PRICELESS!!!!
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3718) 14 years ago
Did you know that the wind always blows towards the northeast in Miles City? I wonder why that is...
supporter
Posted by Van (+563) 14 years ago
Do they still put human excrement in the chili at Hardies? Or is that why McDonalds is closed too.
Posted by Kyle L. Varnell (+3751) 14 years ago
Do they still put human excrement in the chili at Hardies?

Human feces? WTH? Please tell me you're joking.
Yeah they do, in the Hardee's that has been closed for a long time. Way to go Einstein. Miles City education comin out there!! LMAO
Wow, this thread is getting a little rough. Can someone please explain the rivalry between MC & Glendive and the animosity between the two cities?
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9297) 14 years ago
Now Kyle has left ME speechless....

There is no why - there just is

Plus, I think we stole their goat back in the 40's or 50's (or they stole ours), so the reasons for our hatred are obvious.

Sigh... just imagine that every Democrat in Montana lives there and I think you'll start to understand.
supporter
This Gdive dude is like herpes, but not as funny.

And I'm starting to wonder what cave Kyle lives in.

[This message has been edited by Buck Showalter (edited 4/1/2008).]
Buck,

I live & was born here in Seattle. My Grandparents are my connection to Miles City so the issues with Glendive are foreign to me. I suppose it's a little like Me & the Mariners eh?
supporter
Why are we so blessed with your presence? You should head over to glendive's website

[This message has been edited by Buck Showalter (edited 4/1/2008).]
Why are we so blessed with your presence?

Now that hurts Buck. Does my not being from Miles City preclude me from posting here? Does this mean anyone not currently residing in Miles City can't post here?
founder
supporter
sponsor
supporter
Posted by Van (+563) 14 years ago
Yes Kyle it is true. The Hardees was shut down by a state health inspector who found human poo in the chli. After further investigation they found that a few people were playing a practical joke on people by spiking the chili with there poope. Wow that is just silly.
Hal...that is funny.

By the way Gdive, I know talking about your albino far-sighted children is a source of pain...and I will promise not to mention them again if you can give me some kind of understanding as to why there are so many of those people in your city? I remember playing those same kids in basketball growing up. There were always 3 or 4 of those kids on every team. Is it because a large number of albino far-sighted people immigrated to Glendive a long time ago? Who were these people? Where did they come from? And please, Gdive, accept my apology if you are one of the "others."
supporter
Kyle, I owe you an apology. I've been unkind out of irrational fear. (And plenty of people not living in MC post here, myself included. I have no idea what would possess you to start, having never lived there, but that's your prerogative.)

[This message has been edited by Buck Showalter (edited 4/2/2008).]
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+10031) 14 years ago
Old news . . . but still newsworthy.

http://i221.photobucket.c...endive.jpg
supporter
Nice research as usual Hal. Obviously God (and whatever it is that Scientologists worship) are NOT in favor of Glendive.
Buck, you have to be the epitomy of why Miles City sucks major DI** beings someone who has family in MC was just curious as to what is going on between miles and Glendive posted here and you basically told him to get fu****. You are a very rude individual and you give a HUGE reason as to why miles city sucks. Congrats on getting the horses as* of the day award

And no one pooed in the chili at hardees you idiot. Yes they did do some things but pooing in the chili was not one of them. Wow you people really dig some stuff out of your pea sized brain don't ya. Just goes to show that miles city sucks even more than what people thought.

And I do accept the apology, it isn't your fault you are from miles obviously. What I mean there is, you can't be to smart if you continue to choose to live in the sh*thead capital. So my apology for using big words like as and you. I will try to keep it simple from now on.
Posted by Dan (+457) 14 years ago
Scientologists worship Tom Cruise...
Gdive...you still didn't answer my questions.

supporter
I've got some new material so we can hear some "LMAO" and "MC education" comments.

Why are there no doctors in Glendive?
Because Glendive sucks.

Why are there no lawyers in Glendive?
Because Glendive sucks.

Why are there no child molesters in Glendive?
There are plenty of child molesters in Glendive.

Why are there no sunburns in Dawson County?
Because light can't escape the great, black suckhole called Glendive.

Rhetorical question:
When people in Glendive drink Miles City's pee water, why do they always use straws?
supporter
Mule train, when I heard you could get a five dollar rim job in Glendive I assumed something else.
founder
supporter
sponsor
Kyle,

Please note the scroll.

That amuses me beings Miles city has 20 convicted sex offenders of their own. And again, seriously, drinking pee? I have read that more times than I can count. What else do ya got?
supporter
What else do ya got?

What about Glendive's horrible racist past?

http://milescity.com/foru...fpid=34460

The reasons why Glendive sucks...well, they seem to be infinite.
Where do you poop in Glendive now that Hardees is closed?
Posted by Dave Thompson (+58) 14 years ago
gdive...

lol... ya gotta step back and relax for a few moments.. try to RE-realize the context of this thread... take a deep breath...

better?

good... now tell me...

what the heck is the glendive forums website address?

and can you answer that in ten words or less with no censored vulgarities?

thanks
founder
http://www.glendive-mt.net

I heard the Japanese government has blocked access to the site because too many children were going into seizures while viewing it.

Snopes:

CLAIM: Glendive, Montana's sucky website caused over 600 children in Japan to have epileptic attacks.

http://www.snopes.com/rad...eizure.asp
Oh darlin I am relaxed. I assure you that. and if you think I was being vulgar, step outside miles city and see the rest of the world. As for us being racist... I will have you know that the town has been more than welcome to every type of person. Go to the Jordan bar, or to any of the school games, or to any cafe. we dont make anyone sit in the back anymore. Unlike you guys who seem to take every opportunity to point out what is wrong with a person, just like when I was there with some friends of other ethnicities. Believe me I know all about you people.

and the answer to your question, glendive-mt.net click on forum. Pretty self explanatory from there.
I do have a question for you now. Why is it that Maurices in MC got rid of all their mens clothing and brought in an enormous (no pun intended) amount of plus size clothing for women? Maybe it would do you guys some good to get rid of your mc donalds and try something healthy as I have noticed that Wal-mart too is getting more and more plus sized clothing... hmmmm
founder
Gdive,

RE: Maurices/Wal-Mart/plus-size...

The way I understand it is all the Miles City ladies drive to Billings to do their shopping. The Glendive, uh, "ladies" can't afford to drive all the way to Billings so they do their shopping in Miles City.

Shopping in Glendive must really suck.

- Dave
You know, if you guys want to bash Glendive and do it in fun that's fine. We're having a pretty good time over on our site, too. However, if you have to resort to making fun of people, that's pathetic. I don't care how it is meant, MAKING FUN OF PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES IS NOT FUNNY AT ALL!!!!
supporter
So tell your cognitively impaired pal Gdive that the obese happen to people too. I thought contradiction was rampant in MC, looks like it's more virulent elsewhere.
I will just tell you to grow the he-- up!!!
supporter
Aaaaand Glendive sucks (and drinks pee water.)
supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1278) 14 years ago
I just looked at that site, not only are the 4 posters not all that articulate, but the site SUCKS!

sucky site, sucky subject!
supporter
The poor quality of the website is a result of the color blindness that accompanies inbredation.
... and if you think I was being vulgar, step outside miles city and see the rest of the world....

and so its ok since the "rest of the world" is vulgar.. then its ok for the rest of us to be as so? THAT attitude just.... sucks.

[This message has been edited by Dave Thompson (edited 4/2/2008).]
If shopping in Miles City is any better than Glendive why are the "ladies" in Miles City coming to Billings to shop? You are sooo wrong about the Glendive ladies not coming to Billings to shop because a lot do. Reason for that? well, you got it, Miles City Sucks!!!
supporter
...Maybe if you would get OUT of Glendive, you would realize that ALL of the Maurices EVERYWHERE have gotten rid of the mens clothing and have started carrying Plus Sizes for women... It's ok, I realize that Glendive sucks...
As far as......... "making fun of disabilities" even being mentioned in this blog...WHAT A JOKE!! Since when is being far-sighted a disability? I guess I have a disability as well because I am near sighted. Maybe I should file for Medicaid? And being albino???? That's a disability? Really? Funny, I have never seen that listed as a disability before. Special education eligibilty guidelines for persons with disabilites don't list albino as a category...so just relax. No one is making fun of truely disabled people...I am just poking fun at those funny looking people that live in your town.

And if you say..."People shouldn't make fun of funny looking people." Then I'll say, "Why not?"

And if you say that Glendive is a utopian society where people live without prejudice...then I'll say... "SUCK away Glendive, because you must be doing something right...suckers."
You're right, being far-sighted is not a disability. Part of being albino is because not all but some are blind as part of being albino and making fun of them is wrong. I don't live in Glendive, I live in Billings. I was born and raised in Glendive,though. So, I can still say Glendive rocks, Miles City Sucks.

[This message has been edited by hat_3275 (edited 4/2/2008).]
Posted by LG (+201) 14 years ago
Nice comeback hypnotard. I mean 'hat'.
Wanna know he real reason Glendive sucks?
The far-sighted albino inhabitants have no sense of humor.

BTW, Buck your speech about suck awed me into silence, after I laughed my butt off. You are so awesome that there is only one word to describe you, scrumtrelescent.
I am just in awe of the 'utopia' of glendive. And I never once said anything about obese people. What I said was why did they get and obscene amount of plus size clothing. That maybe you should quit eating at mc donalds, which in turn meant eat healthy. Don't read so much into it. Keep poking fun at the albinos and then have the nerve to call us in glendive 'prejudice' what a bunch of hypocrits!!! and you who posted the last message before this, re-read it and fix your damn typos. who is the 'hypnotard' now? let me show you lol

"Wanna know he real reason Glendive sucks?"

if you wanna look and sound smart, proof read your poop before you call people anything with the word 'tard' in it LMAO!!
How brilliant are you? "Hypnotard" isn't even a word. Miles City sucks!!!!
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10013) 14 years ago
Well, since the Glendive website seems to enjoy publishing one of my posts comparing traffic (which, BTW, I removed so as to not embarrass them -- but, ironically they continue to propagate it) here's the latest, should they wish to update the info ...

As of this post, reported on the front page of glendive-mt.net:

- 6,967 Visitors
- Since July 28, 2007

As of this post, milescity.com over the same time span:

- 543,940 Visitors
- Since July 28, 2007

So, apparently Glendive really does suck.
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10013) 14 years ago
[moved to the Humor Forum]
supporter
Oh, boss man, it sucks huge.
Thank you very much for the stats. I'm sure everyone will be happy to know that we can post an update
supporter
Glendive is responsible for more hits on this website than their own.

I'm glad you have something useful to share with your suck forum Gdive.

[This message has been edited by Buck Showalter (edited 4/3/2008).]
supporter
That maybe you should quit eating at mc donalds, which in turn meant eat healthy.

Well, if your hardees' renowned Chocolate-Texan Chili Surprise was any indication, the Gdive locals might have had other motives in avoiding fast food.
After taking another look at this wonderful forum, I took note that the only thing you guys ever say about glendive is that Glendive drinks your pee, there is a sucking sensation and you talk about the kids here. Other than that the winner of what you guys have talked about is bad mouthing other people that post here... no I didn't include myself in that one. So here is some info for you guys to chew and swallow, hopefully without choking

Population from 2000 to 2006 in glendive decreased by 1.8% while miles city's population in that same time decreased by 4.8%... why you ask, well I am sure you know the answer to that one. Oh yeah since 1990 Glendive's population decreased by 0.8% and yours decreased by 1.4%

Average household income in Glendive in 2005 was $34,300 while in Miles City it was $33,100. Yes we do pay our employees better than you. Oh well.

You have 3000 more people than us yet our land area is 3.3 square miles while miles city is 3.27 square miles. Keep cramming people in there, it has definitely worked in the past lol.

We take our elderly seriously and don't pawn them off on other people. The example... We have 125 people in nursing homes while you have 237. I hope when you all are older you dont get treat like and inconvenience

we have 95 people in our college dorms, you have 53. Just asking, whos school is better? Also, we have 373 full time students enrolled at DCC while you have 181 full time students.

Your most common job for a male is Mechanic lol ours is electrician

Our most common job for female is teacher followed by nursing, here comes the really funny part, miles city's most common job for a female... LMAO Secratary followed by cleaning and maintenance jobs... AKA janitor

I just thought I would throw that out there and give you something else to talk about other than ya know, drinking pee and what not.
Posted by Coach Brabant (+53) 14 years ago
GDive,

This thread wasn't appealing to me to even begin to read let alone comment on, but then I got word that the colleges were being compared and I thought I would come and check. Be very aware that your numbers you put up are inaccurate. I don't know your source and I am not here to point fingers. What everyone does need to know is that MCC has 294 full time students (based on taking 12 credits) and there are 135 students in our dorms. I am assuming that your numbers you have for full time students could be based on FTE, which is full time enrollment...calculated much differently. So, I would be happy to contact a few of the people at DCC that I know to find out figures if anyone would like them. My goal here is to make sure that the MCC figures are accurate.

Jeff Brabant
MCC IT Instructor
http://www.milescc.edu
Pioneer Baseball Asst. Coach
http://mccpioneers.com
We can't help it if your far-sighted albinos reproduce like rats!
We take care of our old people. Yours just die faster.
DCC will let anyone attend and we don't need as many nurses because we don't drink pee water.
founder
According to the United States Census Bureau (census.gov):

[f]Custer County Population

2000 2007 Decline %Decline
11696 11188 508 4.34%

Dawson County Population

2000 2007 Decline %Decline
9059 8558 501 5.53%

Glendive Miles City

Median family income in 1999 dollars: 40,313 41,190
Per capita income in 1999 dollars: 15,544 16,449
Families below poverty level: 142 (11.6%) 211 (9.4%)[/f]
According to "communitycollegereview.com":

DCC -- Total Enrollment: 549
DCC -- Total Dormitory Capacity: 136
MCC -- Total Enrollment: 510
MCC -- Total Dormitory Capacity: 181
See there you go again with the pee water, that just kills me everytime I read it. I assume most if not all of you are over the age of 18 yet you continue to talk like juveniles while referencing the consumption of 'pee'. You all truly showing everyone what miles city is truly like and the apptitude of its residents. Don't hate just cuz Glendive is better be happy cuz you could be second.
supporter
According to my calculations Gdive's head should have exploded by now. I guess those albinos have thick skulls too. (And they drink pee.)
I just like to imagine your temple veins throbbing through that pale skin. Come to think of it....that doesn't exactly conjure up a pretty image.
Well my dear just keep on imagining my veins throbbing, nice to know you think of me... im flattered
supporter
I think of you a lot... drinking pee through a straw.
Good I know I am in your head that way. Just out of curiousity how old are you buck?
supporter
I don't date pee drinkers.
supporter
Suckdive, I'm starting to get bored with this. When you can get your insulting abilities to match your sucking (and pee digesting) skills, I'll be more than happy to resume. Spelling, age, denials, and I told you so's don't cut pee water. For now, I suggest that you work on originality. For example - I heard Dawson County High School was changing its mascot from the Red Devils to the Dirt Devils.

[This message has been edited by Buck Showalter (edited 4/3/2008).]
Buck,

I hesitate to even ask this but why on Earth would anyone drink urine? You can't be serious about them drinking the Yellow Bullet.

Then again it seems that Fecal Chili was being consumed so I guess anything's possible.
supporter
Kyle, I think it's a reference to them being down-river from us. Of course, we try to avoid thinking about Billings being upstream.

Lucky for us Billingsians rarely come to MilesCity.com to talk smack.

I keep hoping Snopes will do some research on the legendary Glendive Hardees Mud Monkey Chili. A chili so foul, they had to destroy the building from whence it came.

So far, no dice.
founder
Maybe we could get Emilie Boyles to do an in-depth investigative report on the Hardees chili incident.
supporter
I didn't think much of it at the time, but come to think of it, it was the only chili I'd ever seen with corn in it.
supporter
I do have to say for honesty's sake that I've mostly only met nice people from the Glendive area. My interest here is purely in giving Gdive what he came here looking for.

Now please don't poop in my chili.
Population from 2000 to 2006 in glendive decreased by 1.8% while miles city's population in that same time decreased by 4.8%... why you ask, well I am sure you know the answer to that one. Oh yeah since 1990 Glendive's population decreased by 0.8% and yours decreased by 1.4%

You have 3000 more people than us yet our land area is 3.3 square miles while miles city is 3.27 square miles. Keep cramming people in there, it has definitely worked in the past lol.

um.. both paragraphs in the same post... which is it?
supporter
Posted by Nancy (+282) 14 years ago
This thread appears to focus on body excretions regarding the Glendive municipality. The most vivid memory of Glendive I have is a family road trip, a stop in the downtown hotel for a meal (1960's) that had gold chains hanging for the walls in the dining room, walking to a table, one of my brothers projectile vomiting, and being CHASED out of the hotel by an employee. The picture seems to fit the focus of the thread.
Posted by Eric Brandt (+850) 14 years ago
oooh! A good sauce chef could have done a lot with that... I'm surprised they didn't try to contract your brother.
founder
supporter
sponsor
supporter
Now we can add "mathematically" to the ways that this fact has been proven.
Posted by jessiker (+284) 14 years ago
I have to laugh... it's been a long time since I've posted in here, but as I said before, Miles City is a good place to be *from*. On the other hand, I transplanted to Glendive AFTER the Hardee's closed down, so maybe I'm safe.

Even though since moving to Glendive I've met far more diverse people than in Miles City, and many of them came for various reasons from places far from Montana and decided that Glendive was the place to be.

But, I'll have to join you for this one, being a MC native and all:

One more reason Glendive sucks: You can't walk anywhere without having to dodge the puppy poo and deer droppings.
now dave don't take offense to this I will put it as nicely as possible... Yes both in the same post beings the first paragraph was talking about the population decrease, and the second was talking about the land area. ok now I am typing this really slowly so you don't miss anything... You have 3000 more people than Glendive but less land area. Why is it that you feel the need to cram that many people in that little of an area? Did I type that slow enough for you?

And also, the only people I have heard talk about the stuff at hardees in like 10 years is miles city people. So, the people that did it must have fed it to you guys, why else would you continue to talk about it? Gives a whole new meaning to eat shi* doesn't it LMAO!! I suppose if we are drinking your urine, have fun eating our poo!!! Eat on suckers, eat on
Hey jessiker, word of advice, try using the sidewalk instead of ruining peoples lawns!
Rick, what did I come here looking for?
No offense taken..

you see.. there is no "cramming" of people here... basically there just isnt enough people to "cram" no matter what the size is of the land area...

for pete's sake, this is Montana, Eastern... I was born here but was raised and grew up and lived elsewhere, pretty much everywhere in california, then in Oklahoma City... lol.. NOW those places you can actually argue the "cramming" debate.. so when i took my 3 kids and moved to MC..

oh man. what a relief... traffic? rush hour? maybe an extra 30 seconds at the street light on main and montana...

THATS my point... dont argue about cramming people if ya havent experienced the actual thing.

Rick, what did I come here looking for?

Possibly self-glorification by showing off your "wit" on this thread to higher yourself in opinion amongst your fellow Glendive forum trolling friends? (please.. dont take offense) but i bet you're a "hero" up there.. maybe? yeah.. gonna try running for mayor? I would if this thread here keeps up... cuz since you are pretty much the only one from glendive posting here... well... its time you need some backup... your arguments.. no matter on how many topics in this thread.. are gettin kinda... stale?

hmmm.. i havent yet said the words to which this thread is all about.. maybe thats the problem gdive? well ok.. here goes...

GLENDIVE SUCKS!

again... no offense meant

[This message has been edited by Dave Thompson (edited 4/4/2008).]
Rick, I too grew up elsewhere. I lived in California. Are you familiar with Port Hueneme? It is a naval base inside Oxnard. I also lived in St.paul Minnesota and Olympia Washington. I know what you mean when you talk about the traffic. I do have a question for you. Do you ever miss the city life? At times I do, I miss having everything you need right there rather than having to drive out of town to eat at a renowned restraunt, go shopping amongst other things. What I do like about eastern Montana or atleast thought I did, was the fact that everyone got along so well and it was the place where you could walk down the street and say hello without looking at the ground. Both places definitely have their qualities. And no, I am not the 'hero' nor do I care what the other people in town think, I do my own thing and so far that has done quite well for me!! As for running for mayor, that could be an idea, I will look into it. Anyway, I was just curious if you ever miss the city.
Dave, my apologies, I scrolled up and when I saw rick's name I naturally assumed he answered his own question. Again I am sorry so that last post from me about missing the city was actually for you. My bad.
Posted by MT MAN (+26) 14 years ago
Wow! Thank you for a great laugh on a Sunday morning. In the 80's we had to ride with the Glendive tennis team from Billings to M.C. as our bus was getting fixed in Billings and they agreed to give us a ride to M.C. We immediately commandeered the rear of the bus and as was common started a poker game for the ride home. We noticed the beady albino eyes of the Glendive players peeking over their seats from the front of the bus with naive curiosity as we carried on our normal raucous poker game. Unbeknownst to our fair skinned neighbors the poker game followed rules that had developed over many bus rides for football, basketball, and tennis trips. Our poker game was an "anything goes" affair with "team" play to include passing cards, stacking the deck, bottom dealing, and dealer rules including multiple wild cards and crazy multiple draw poker games. Generally it ended up everyone was even at the end of the game as nobody was dumb enough to bet to much on such an unpredictable game. At about Custer/Waco we noticed the increased interest of the Glendive crowd and waved some of them back to join our game. "How do we play" was the common question. With our arms around their shoulders we played several rounds "for fun". All were having a great time and at about Hysham I innocently asked "should we play for money?" the fear flashed across those pale eyes as they sipped on their urine laced water. "Just for nickels, dimes, and quarters" "OK" was their reply. After several more rounds with money going both ways it was time. "How bout 5 card draw, 3 draws, sevens wild." "How do we play that?" "Well, just like regular 5 card draw, but you get to draw 3 times, we'll reshuffle the deck, and sevens can be any card you want" "OK" was the reply. "Want some Chili?" "Uh, no thanks" About the second draw we could see the excitement building amongst them. "Can we play for more money?" "Well, I don't know" I stated as I was reaching for my wallet. "What did you have in mind?" "How about dollars?" "OK" by the last draw there was about $25 in the pot which at that time bought alot of gas and 12 packs of beer were about $7 and Schmidt was about $5. At the conclusion of the final draw all of our fair skinned brethren were positively frothing at the mouth. All of us had folded except me (remember this was a "team" sport) "Can we bet more?" "Uh.....OK" With a gleam in his red eyes the frothiest of em dug into his trapper keeper type wallet and pulled out a $50 bill. "I bet $50 he stated smugly" I didn't have $50 but I did have a graphite tennis racket that cost me $129. "OK, you got anymore, I don't have the cash but I'll put up my racket" That wiped him out but he immediately got another $50 from the growing crowd of red devils. (Remember we are on THEIR bus) All had folded except he and I and it was time to show the cards. "Straight Flush Clubs 9 to King, that beats everything except a Royal Flush" he hooted triumphantly as he was reaching for the pot and my racket. I slowly turned over my..........Five Aces. (three aces and 2 sevens)Now I don't know if 5 aces beat a straight flush or not but by "Miles City anything goes rules" it beat everything except the royal. Of coures my "team" all explained the rules to the crowd of red devils as I gathered up the cash. They slowly retreated from whence they came (the front of the bus)mumbling, grumbling,and drooling while we straight faced continued our game for the last 40 miles to M.C. Now I have seen one person on this thread that I think was on that bus. (Brabant you s--c) This is a true story and one I have not thought of for a long time until I read this thread which supports................GLENDIVE SUCKS! (They had some decent looking women, a little slow but not bad looking) Also, a side note in case one of our fair skinned friends shows up here, they usually beat us in tennis, but WHO CARES? it was tennis, not football or basketball, we were there for the sun and the chicks (including the Glendive girls who consequently I don't think any of us ever dated as the conversation never went far)
Posted by tiray (+2) 14 years ago
[deleted - inappropriate]
LOL you played tennis and then have the nerve to make fun of us LMAO!! Nice try! Ill laugh about this one for a while
Ah, my translucent friends, the irony of the above story escapes your simple minds. Sigh....Thats OK, let me explain it to you. Now turn your pallid heads this way and listen carefully....ready?

OK, here goes.... The moral of the story is this...... Don't get into a poker game if you don't understand the rules.

You pale skinned ignoramuses obviously don't understand when you have been whupped and are to ignorant to shuffle back on up to the front of the bus.

So, let me say this politely.......Glendive Sucks!!!!!

Now get back to the front of the bus

[This message has been edited by MT MAN (edited 4/7/2008).]
founder
supporter
sponsor
Philosophically speaking:
Hal,

Where do you get those pics? Quite humorous if I do say so myself.
founder
supporter
sponsor
The magic of the internet Kyle, the magic of the internet ;-)
MT MAN you crack me up, #1 that is not the correct plural form of ignoramus, and #2 what does whupped mean? I have heard of whooped but I am curious as to the definition of whupped. For future reference, don't use big words. You may think it makes you sound smart, but right now eastern Montana is laughing their butts off. LMAO!
founder
"Whupped" is new lingo used by all the people who are in the know. It's a contraction of "whooped" and "one-upped". Got it?
Posted by pulmonade (+117) 14 years ago
Keep poking fun at the albinos and then have the nerve to call us in glendive 'prejudice' what a bunch of hypocrits!!! and you who posted the last message before this, re-read it and fix your damn typos. who is the 'hypnotard' now? let me show you lol

"Wanna know he real reason Glendive sucks?"

if you wanna look and sound smart, proof read your poop before you call people anything with the word 'tard' in it LMAO!!

You misspelled hypocrites. The staggering fortuity of that comment has created it's own black hole.
Gdive-
Actually that is the correct plural form. I am going to go ahead and name you..... Ready? You are going to LOVE this word.

Gdive is a "Jethrite"

A social climber, often from the Glendive Region of Montana, who endorses mass immigration, public chili feeds to the poor, and other trendy causes to ingratiate himself with social elites. {Derived from the character Jethro on the Beverly Hillbillies TV show who once stated, "I ain't a hick like the rest of my kin. I'm sophisticated}."

It's a real word, look it up!

I am tired of this conversation as it provides no stimulation, so Goodbye Gdive, take care.

Oh.....And Glendive Sucks

[This message has been edited by MT MAN (edited 4/10/2008).]
Glendive Sucks.
Posted by urcrackinmeup (+140) 14 years ago
"MT MAN you crack me up, #1 that is not the correct plural form of ignoramus..."

What did you think the plural was...ignorami???
[This message has been edited by MT MAN (edited 4/10/2008).]
Thank you for your 2 posts MT MAN you have just proven my theory on why school is a good idea. LOL! Also, thank you for showing how truly smart you really are by not only once, but twice sounding like an idiot. You have proved my point right. I will giggle all the way to sleep. And FYI I don't have to try to put myself in the elite... Baby, I'm already there!
LMAO!!! Oh that is so funny Gdive. LMAO!!! Once again you have proven you have very little a** left. LMAO!!!! Oh man that is funny, school is what you are good at!!!! LMAO!!!! oh man, now I have very little a** left as well because you have made me LMAO!!!! Too funny....you should go into comedy. We could make t-shirts that read..."GDIVE:LMAO!" We could be rich!!!! LMAO!!!!
Posted by Belinda Maasch Cook (+83) 14 years ago
Congratulations to Gdive -- I think this is the longest thread on this site. Most of it not worth reading, but I like to pop through just to see how long it has gone on and who else might have posted something that just might be worth reading. Hey, its actually happened at least once.

GO Gdive
Oh mule train, you crack me up. Your humor is uncomparable.
founder
supporter
sponsor
Uncomparable?

Is that anything like incomparable?
supporter
Posted by Big Dave (+439) 14 years ago
No Hal, I think it's uncomparable, that comes from all proppar buklurnin they get in Glendive.
founder
supporter
sponsor
I don't find it listed in the OED, but uncomparable is listed in a couple online dictionaries as a synonym of incomparable. If it's found on the prestigious internet it must be correct.
Hal,
I looked in my copy of the OED and found it. You might look again.

To be honest, it was a little hard to find. I had to mix and match letters from six different words. Just look at it like a word puzzle.

Of course, you don't get a definition that way, but it still proves you can find it in the OED.

founder
supporter
sponsor
Thanks Eric. Did you find in the hard copy OED or their online d-base?

Either way, if the OED says that it's almost a word, that's good enough for me. I guess than means that Mule's "humor is uncomparable". I'm still uncertain as to what it isn't to be compared with . . . but perhaps that will become evident as time passes.
Hal,
I'm kind of a dictionary nerd. I have a collection of them. I had said for years the best gift someone could give me would be an Oxford set. About 5 years ago, someone came a cross a set at a church book sale and got it. It's a 1970 copy. It's actually kinda fun to read. Thirteen volumes plus some supplements.

I pieced together some definitions for our notsoword "uncomparable". I suggest it means this: (I'll break down some of the related parts)

un : NOT
comp : at or relating to complection
a : useless filler
rable: to excite or agitate unnecessarily

In summary, my analysis is that the word was used reflexively to indicate that Mule's humor is unnecessarily agitating an individual with no complexion.

If you have a better suggestion, I'm all ears.
supporter
Eric, I think you're right unless transparent is a complexion.
founder
supporter
sponsor
Eric,

Thanks for parsing that out - I think you nailed in down tight.

I've a couple old (19th century) dictionaries in storage down south. If I'm ever able to get at them, I'll send them to you.
How did such a great thread sink to the level of a discussion of some dictionary?

[This message has been edited by Bob Netherton (edited 4/15/2008).]
supporter
I agree, Bob...its like another thread that started out talking about taxes, then briefly switched gears to mention strippers, but then reverted to talking about taxes again.

Taxes. I hate paying them, but I appreciate the services they provide, yet hate government waste and fraud.

That would seem to be all the talk about taxes worth talking about.

Now strippers, OTOH....I have too many stories about Miles City's most upstanding citizens pertaining to their behaviour in strip clubs that cannot be posted on a family-oriented forum such as this....look me up when I am in town for the BHS.
supporter
Posted by Shu (+1800) 12 years ago
Glendive doesn't have Dr. Rauh...well, okay, Miles City doesn't have him anymore, either, but at least we USED to.

Another reason why Glendive sucks.
supporter
Posted by Shu (+1800) 12 years ago
...OR, put another way:

Glendive does not have
a good man named Dr. Rauh
this is why they suck.

supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15076) 12 years ago
Shu, don't tell me
that you too
are into Haiku
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6113) 12 years ago
Shu likes to Haiku
You, too, should like to Haiku
Too bad you do not
supporter
Posted by T Brown (+483) 12 years ago
Glendive is the armpit of eastern Montana...this is why they suck! Also, my son says its because "They Suck"....period.
Glendive exists. Therefore it sucks.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6170) 12 years ago
Normally, I would also say Glendive sucks but, alas, I cannot. It is the home of my beloved in-laws and it also has The Enchanted Room. Either one of these things bumps Glendive up into the Doesn't Suck category.
Posted by Kyle L. Varnell (+3751) 12 years ago
Wendy, you might just have painted a target on your back with that pro-Glendive comment

I'm not from Miles City but the venom directed towards Glendive is very eminent.
Glendive sucks, Wendy.
supporter
I finally spent an hour or so reading through this thread.....I've come to the ultimate conclusion that there really does'nt have to be a REASON as to why Glendive Sucks.....It just does, plain and simple!!! Glendive Sucks. Thats it!!!
Posted by clm (+98) 12 years ago
One of the first high school basketball games I planned to attend after moving to Miles City in the '60's was against Glendive. The Friday before the game, fellow CCHS students told me about the rivalry and one asked: "Do you know how to tell which students are from Glendive?" Innocently, I said no... to which he replied:

"They are the ones with a rusty zipper and yellow tennis shoes!"
Posted by MT MAN (+26) 12 years ago
Thats funny! Glendive sucks.
Posted by cbadnmb2001 (+30) 12 years ago
So...my wife and I were in Cody Wyoming this past weekend, on Saturday we walk into the Buffalo Bill Museum. We head right over to the place where you pay your admission fee, and are helped by a young lady. She nicely asks "Where are you from?" so I tell her Miles City Mt, she goes on to tell us she is on a rodeo team and that she has been to Glendive...she then says "Glendive sucks, we here call it the dive"
Reason for my little story? even folks in Wyoming know that Glendive SUCKS! Therefore...Glendive does sucketh!
supporter
Glendive does Sucketh!!!!
Posted by poisonspaghetti (+286) 10 years ago
Posted by frost (+60) 10 years ago
I enjoy glendive. U can drive around with out being harrassed. Park in pqrking lots if ur caught drunk driving they fallow u home. Has better jobs like oil riggs cheaper apartments. Nice people not stuck up procreates like miles city. And just a fun place I used to live there never drank the water tho. MILES CITY SUCKS ASSSSSSS
Posted by poisonspaghetti (+286) 10 years ago
Well, frost, I understand real estate is cheap in Glendive so...
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6170) 10 years ago
Glendive sucks?
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15076) 10 years ago
Maybe you can rollerblade down Old HWY 10 to "the dive" and report back to us on the towns' relative "suckiness".