What I love about Stardust
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+9842) 9 years ago
Today, I just listed the names of ten people who were in sixth grade in 1986. I know that they will be teased unmercifully for being "old enough" to be mentioned in Stardust. It's what I live for!
Posted by Forsyth Mike (+433) 9 years ago
That's gotta be one of the longest-running continuous features in a newspaper. I remember seeing "Stardust" when I was a kid.
supporter
Posted by Bill Freese (+471) 9 years ago
Amorette, have you run a Stardust item about a new feature called Stardust?
Posted by Mary Bonine (+29) 9 years ago
Wait, I was in sixth grade in 1986. Uh-oh I am getting old.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8297) 9 years ago
Luckily, I was only in the 5th grade in 1986, so I'm not nearly as old as Mary.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6169) 9 years ago
I was in law school in 1986. Where's my cane?
supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1276) 9 years ago
I made Stardust a couple of times for things I did when I was 11 or 12. I remember my mom ribbing me about "25 years ago". Its a great feature. I particularly like it when my father is in it. But most of his are 50 years ago.
Posted by korky II (+612) 9 years ago
In 1986 I was already retired from the Navy three years.
Posted by Cassie (Opp-Kercheval) Walton (+43) 9 years ago
I really miss stardust, is there any way to put it here on this site??? I wish the star would print the WHOLE paper on line !!! By the way... I would much rather have the cold you are having now than the ICE STORM we are STILL recovering from which happened 2-1-11 thru 2-4-11. I NEVER want to live thru one of those AGAIN!!!! YES I DO MISS MILES CITY!!!
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+9842) 9 years ago
Stardust wasn't a regular feature in the 1935 and earlier papers but it did appear about once a week, usually on Sunday. It only went back 25 years, of course!