Got a romantic story?
Posted by Mandyrosy (+191) 10 years ago
I'm looking for sweet, unique, exciting or unusual stories about how area people met or fell in love for a Valentine's Day feature story in the Miles City Star.
I tried posting here last year and got several nice responses, so I thought I'd try it again!
Whether the story is your own, a friend's or family member's, it could make a LOVEly feature and brighten someone's day.
Please respond to this post or e-mail me a little bit about your story along with contact information for the individual(s) involved.

Thanks!

Amanda Breitbach Ragsdale
Miles City Star
Posted by Susan Page (+8) 10 years ago
My folks who live in MC have a cute story but they met in Chicago over 50 years ago - is that the kind of thing you are looking for? Can you email me if you are interested at [email protected]
Sue
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17462) 10 years ago
You should also post this over at milescityhome dot com....you might get a story like this....

I knew the Widow Palinrud from the farm down the road for many years. Her late husband, Art, was a good friend of mine until he died from the cancer produced by the chemtrails the goverment polluted our land with. My own wife, Mabel, died shortly thereafter when the molotov cocktail she was attempting to lob inside the Planned Parenthood building went off prematurely in her hand. That was all many years ago.

I certainly did not expect to see the Widow Palinrud at the Tea Party rally in Billings last October. It was love at first sight when I noticed that she had the same "Get US out of the UN" bumper sticker attached to her oxygen tank that I had! Since that day, we have spent many a happy hour watching FOX News together and sending checks to the Denny Rehberg campaign.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9198) 10 years ago
I now have a horrible image of a pair of medicaid scooters locked in a conjugal embrace.
supporter
Posted by skoh (+328) 10 years ago
Do you want the stories posted here or directly to you at the Star?
You can respond here or send me an e-mail at [email protected]
Sue, I sent you an e-mail. Look forward to hearing your parents' story!

Thanks for all the responses, folks. Keep them coming!

Amanda
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6166) 10 years ago
When my husband asked me to marry him I laughed hysterically. He married me anyway.
supporter
Posted by M T Zook (+505) 10 years ago
My wife bully pushed me down in the snow just seconds before I proposed to her. She was mad about going for a walk in the hills. I put the ring on her finger anyway, she said yes, then moved it to the correct hand. Oh well. Then she appologized!
supporter
Posted by skoh (+328) 10 years ago
My husband, Kenny and I were married in 1972 and had 2 sons while he was in the Army. We parted ways three years later and went on to marry others and have children with our spouses.My husband passed away and a year after he died, Kenny's and my first grandchild was born . I worked for an attorney and was able to locate him to let him know that he was a grandfather. It was the first time we'd spoken in 25 years. I was in NC and he was in NV at that time. We started visiting long distance and eventually got back together after 25 years. We have been together almost 18 years now and count every day as a blessing!
Posted by Wayne White (+256) 10 years ago
I think i'M going to cry.
supporter
Posted by Becky Gergen (+419) 10 years ago
You and Kenny are a very nice couple. Glad you two are back here in Miles City.
Thanks, everybody!
I love to hear all these wonderful stories. I have more than enough leads for my Valentine's feature, but feel free to keep sharing them here.
Happy Valentine's!

Amanda
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14965) 10 years ago
Does the story need to have a happy ending to be considered "romantic"?
supporter
Posted by Mike Wallick (+163) 10 years ago
Nope. Remember the word romantic comes from the Roman "antic" and is defined by "clowning amongst the ruins", so the ending can be disastrous, but must include a clown, or at least a passing Bozo reference.