Republicans are loony wingnuts
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+18469) 12 years ago
I really can't wait for the legislative session to be over.
Posted by Ddd (+5) 12 years ago
You guys are so tough arguing over the Internet. I wish I was as tough as a democrat. Obama is a Muslim
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6171) 12 years ago
The idea that all facilities should offer abortion, even from a strictly medical (if not ethical) standpoint isn't credible.

What if a doctor feels medically or ethically unable to perform an "emergency" abortion? Are you going to strip their license? Maybe a little jail time?

If this is what you thought I was proposing, you are mistaken. I simply meant to show you that there are indeed cases where an abortion is required to save the life of the mother. You had stated doubt about that fact. I have no problem with doctors who don't want to do abortions due to their belief systems. I do however think that if the doctor on call in the ER won't do the procedure there should be a back-up doctor on hand who will.
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4457) 12 years ago
I didn't say I doubted that women in some situations risked their lives by going through with a pregnancy. Pregnancy in and of itself has risks.

I mostly doubted that there were many scenarios where an immediate abortion would help, and couldn't wait to be transferred to a facility that did them.

I think Catholic Health Care is the largest private health care provider in the country. And for the most part, none of them do abortions. And I think most of them would rather shut their doors first.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by souix (+307) 12 years ago
She could've easily found another hospital willing to do the procedure.

It appears that there are two clinics that perform abortions, one in Livingston and one in Missoula. Perhaps it is not so easy to find another hospital.
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2852) 12 years ago
On television this evening, a statistic was given that only 13% of US women have easy access to these procedures.
supporter
She was in Phoenix. Shouldn't have have been a problem.

As for Montana, that's just the nature of rural health care. We're all at risk for lack of access to certain procedures. Every time you hear the medevac flights coming in to town, you'll hear another example.
supporter
On television this evening, a statistic was given that only 13% of US women have easy access to these procedures.

Actually, Kelly, the statistic is that only 13% of all U.S. counties have abortion providers. That's different than saying only 13% of all women have access. I would assume that the more populated the county the more likely there is an abortion provider.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+12605) 12 years ago
If a woman is bleeding to death, minutes count. I realize that the life of a woman is nothing compared to the principles of a man so she deserves to bleed to death because she had a undetected uterine deformity that was causing the placenta to detach and bleed. In that case, of course she should die so that no man is forced to do something against his will. Fortunately for my friend, the hospital she was rushed to was willing to perform the necessary procedure and she is alive today.
Posted by aaron bruce (+198) 12 years ago
hey guys, can we talk about dumbass teachers in wisconsin? two thirds of the eighth grade students in that state cant read at a proficient level. teachers aparantly dont know simple math or economics, and their ethics are in question to boot...stupid looney republican teachers in wisconsin..
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4454) 12 years ago
aaron is pulling a Rick K. Suddenly the illiterate are very concerned about education. Remember when Rick wanted to save those poor, mistreated women in Iraq? What a procreateing joke.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4949) 12 years ago
After Aarons last comment, this seemed appropriate...

supporter
Very True!

Thanks for posting howdy.
what gets me is that our looney republican president wont allow drilling in the united states in regards to what is going on in the middle east...

fuel prices are gonna kill us economically
public sector unions are gonna kill us economically
entitlement programs are gonna kill us economically

the communist protestors in wisconsin, new york, indiana and who knows where else...are you sure you want to support that? did communism ever benefit those not in the government loop? hell no it did not...what happened in egypt? the google guy, who instigated the protests was kicked out and the muslim brother hood took over...
wasnt code pink involved in the egyptian protest?

cmon ladies and gentlemen.....poop is about to hit the fan economically and you are bitching about abortion. i remember what you commies were saying when bush was in office and gas hit 3.00 a gallon...where is your outrage now?
supporter
Yawn...another Rick K. change of the subject.

Why don't you start a new thread in National News, Politics & Issues about fuel prices and energy crisis?
gunnar you are a punk and always have been and always will be..

let me put it to you like this..how in the hell is that darling young lady that needs an abortion so bad gonna be able to drive to an abortion clinic to get it if fuel prices hit 5.00 a gallon? does that work for you wimp?
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9508) 12 years ago
Apparently, aaron is part of the club that believes oil comes from the corpses of magic ponies buried beneath the permafrost.

We hit peak oil in the US a long time ago - the only time it will become truly economical to drill for oil in the US is... after gas is already at $5 a gallon.

But musrims. scary.
Posted by mule train (+1049) 12 years ago
douchebag says what?
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1664) 12 years ago
Well, of course oil comes from the corpses of magic ponies. That is all part of God's master plan. Didn't you read the CliffsNotes?

http://www.huffingtonpost...24312.html
great, it is aparant that yall are capable of self colonoscopies, and if you head up there with a mouth full of toothbrushing spit you are capable of givin yourselves deep cleansing enemas......you hypocrites...enjoy the fruits of your actions woosies...
hey muletrain, my number is 2856642...if you got a problem with it
Posted by mule train (+1049) 12 years ago
aaron...what do you want to talk about? Do you usually go around posting your phone number on the internet for the entire world to see? That is offically one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. It automatically discredits everything that you have said on this website. "Oh, listen to me everyone...I'm aaron bruce and I am highly intelligent...I understand all there is to know about politics...I have a very informed opinion"

Nope...you are just a bozo who posted their phone number on an internet blog site. Congratulations.

Call me what you want, but you're a bozo.

[This message has been edited by mule train (2/22/2011)]
supporter
Remember when Rick wanted to save those poor, mistreated women in Iraq?

Or as I like to say of our more left-leaning friends "Crying Gitmo Tears"

Anywho, I know shouting "Look, Wall Street CEO!" in a crowded theater passes for an argument around here, but really... what does that have to do with a flat-broke Wisconsin and it's failing pension system?

[This message has been edited by Rick Kuchynka (2/22/2011)]
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15484) 12 years ago
So what is the condition of the cracked wheat bread out at WalMart? Is it now "unmouselested" and just loafing around?
supporter
I realize that the life of a woman is nothing compared to the principles of a man so she deserves to bleed to death because she had a undetected uterine deformity that was causing the placenta to detach and bleed. In that case, of course she should die so that no man is forced to do something against his will.

I'm really not sure what you're getting at with the 'principles of a man' or 'no man' stuff. I'm not sure if that's the 'only men are pro-life' stereotype or the 'doctors are men' stereotype coming through.

But lately, I think women as a demographic have trended more pro-life than men.

And women are definitely the vast majority of new OB/GYNs. I'm guessing they probably have a large majority overall in the field, but if not, they will shortly.

Or are you saying that most 'Women' doctors would never object to performing an abortion like a 'Man' doctor would?

[This message has been edited by Rick Kuchynka (2/22/2011)]
supporter
hey muletrain, my number is 2856642...if you got a problem with it

Some night soon, probably during some sort of Emilsson homebrew family reunion, you're really going to regret that one.
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1910) 12 years ago
Now that we've got his phone number, we can sign him up for all kinds of great poop. HAHAHAHAHAHAh
supporter
Some night soon, probably during some sort of Emilsson homebrew family reunion, you're really going to regret that

Rick, you forget....our dear mother, who turns 75 tomorrow, taught us always to be compassionate towards "the special ones" amongst us.

While it has been hard, we Emilssons will reserve our intellectual barbs and jousts for you....as since Richard apparently has defected from the loony wingnut side, you apparently are the only somewhat intelligent individual who keeps up the wingnut banner....albeit in your always fluent Rickspeak, which has already been discussed ad nauseum on this forum.

I already regret some of my earlier comments towards Mr. Bruce. You will note my last comment was a simple entreaty to redirect his post to another, more appropriate, forum on this website.

Perhaps you can direct us to a wiser forum defending said Republican lunacy, as all the Republican boards addressing the current Montana legislature are either: (A) appalled at the idiots they elected, mistakenly thinking they were going to work at creating jobs; or (B) are posters more of Mr. Bruce's sophomoric mentality.

We await.
lol...you commies are sackless....
supporter
I'll make sure to be less sackless around 3 am
supporter
Posted by Bill Freese (+473) 12 years ago
If households budgeted like the G.O.P.
http://editorialcartoonis....cfm/96146
supporter
Thanks Bill! You just made my day.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+12605) 12 years ago
Lord William, that is a good one!
Posted by GVC (+521) 12 years ago
I wouldn't mind $5 per gallon. I drive about 4000 miles a year in my Prius. I think that's what needs to happen to wake us up about oil consumption.
sheeple.............mindless little cowards..............i think you idiots can best be described as lemmings.......you are traitors to the constitution and your country.......friggin little communists...pathetic
supporter
I see aaron got his period.
supporter
Well, I am somewhat relieved with that news....I was afraid, that due to the current inclement weather, that WalMart did not get its shipment in from the Tampax Corporation.....yet aaron is alive and posting.
supporter
I called you a lemming first, fool.
supporter
sheeple.............mindless little cowards..............i think you idiots can best be described as lemmings.......you are traitors to the constitution and your country.......friggin little communists...pathetic

Give it up, folks. You cannot hope to argue with logic like that.
supporter
Gunnar, I think I'm a day late, but tell your mom Happy Birthday for me, unless she reads it here first.

As for finding better spokespeople... my feeling is many of our best and brightest are probably much smarter than me and might view this mutual brick-wall head-banging we do here as a huge waste of time.

I can't really argue with that point of view. Maybe I'm just more of a glutton for punishment.
supporter
Ahh Newt. You are a hoot!

http://www.washingtonpost...1022503108

[This message has been edited by Kelly (2/25/2011)]
supporter
Somebody is running for president.
supporter
Woo hoo! The Legislative session is OVER! The loony wingnuts are on their way home!

Way to go, friggin' WINGNUTS!!!! You have embarassed this state with your nutjobs and stupidity. We are now the laughing stock of the country thanks to you!

I love the irony that they refused to pass the bonding bill, the ONLY bill that would directly create jobs. 2,700 jobs.

People, remember these idiots and vote them out of office in 2012.
supporter
The other day my mom and I had a "My idiots are stupider than your idiots" competition. We decided it was a tie.
Posted by Leif Ronning (+69) 12 years ago
This is by far the worste legislative session I have seen in my life.
I also hope the voters remember how this bunch wasted this session and embarressed the state on the national scale with the retarded legislation they came up with. They created no jobs and in fact got rid of the medical marijuana industry that actually had created some jobs and grew and sold a montana product to people who now have to go back to buying it imported from the drug cartels who really are the criminals. But my biggest hope is we have a large turnout at the next election and send some reasonable and intellegent people to Helena next time. Leif
supporter
Posted by Dona Stebbins (+825) 12 years ago
I forget who said this, but it certainly sums up this last legislative session. "Those who are too smart to engage in politics are destined to be governed by those who are dumber."
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10013) 12 years ago
Plato said something like that.
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2737) 12 years ago
Bad decisions and goofball politics are occurring on both sides of the aisle at all levels of government (check out your local School District Board for an example) and in all communities of all states across our country.

This is not only evidence of an electoral system that is in imbalance now with Birthers and Death Panel Paranoics turning out in droves while more rational people stay home and ---- RATIONALIZE that their vote doesn't mean anything. It is a serious threat to the economic health of our nation and the well-being of future generations.

And whose fault is all of this? My guess is the fault lies in three arenas:

1) Lack of True Leadership: We need statesmen & women, NOT politicians and certainly not celebrities pretending to be politicins whose ego-stroking only further muddies the waters, making it ever harder to have a productive conversation about real issues.

2) A Mainstream Media that no longer has the intelligence to distinguish news from rumor-mongering and focuses way too heavily on entertainment vs. education. Put another way, media mogus are far too concerned with generating profits for a few instead of creating value for all involved.

3) The age old problem of American voter apathy, made all the more evident by witnessing people in Egypt and elsewhere lay their lives on the line for the privilege of self-governance. As the nation that created Democracy, we have been shamed by those who have never enjoyed it.

Just sayin'

[This message has been edited by Steve Craddock (5/1/2011)]
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4949) 12 years ago
fabulous comment and oh so true!!!
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10013) 12 years ago
While in general agreement, the only problem is that we are not the nation that created "Democracy". Ironically, Plato may have something to add.