Donations for Depot Cats
Posted by Kacey (+3159) 12 years ago
I have heard that many people donated money for the care of the cats that were trapped in the depot. One was trapped and taken to East Main. The veterinarian bill was over $180. Can anyone tell me where they donated their money? Who did you give it to? This bill had to be paid in total by a private individual. Where did the donated money go?

There is another kitten in the depot. As there is money in a fund to care for animals such as this at the other veterinarian clinic I am hoping the other kitten will go there. Is there any reason the animals are all taken to East Main when Animal Control is involved? Is there a contract with East Main? If so, was it bid through city channels?
supporter
Posted by annie221 (+256) 12 years ago
East Main Clinic does take care of the animals taken in by animal control. The city does pay them a small amount for these animals, but any large bills are paid for by the clinic owner and personal or by private donations or in part by Custer County Fund for Animals.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+12814) 12 years ago
No one donated money for the cats. We received a donation to replace the lock on the door but no donations for care for the cats themselves.
Posted by Kacey (+3159) 12 years ago
So you have spoken to every person in Miles City and found out that NO ONE donated for their care, Allison?

I will ask this again of the people that I know donated for their care...who did you donate the money to?

And again I will ask..why do all the animals go to East Main from Animal Control? Do they have a city contract? Was it put out for bids?
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+12814) 12 years ago
No one donated to the depot fund (Miles City Depot Acquisition and Restoration Project) that I am involved with. We did look into the cost of dealing with the cats and Jean Lindley estimated it would cost at least $185 per cat but, again, no one donated to the Custer County Historical Society or the Miles City Preservation Commission for the cats.

If someone donated money to someone for the care of the cats, it did not go through the City or the depot funds that I am aware of. If someone is raising money privately for the care of the cats, they have not made themselves known to the the MCDARP committee.

We did receive a donation for replacing the lock.

And, yes, East Main has the contract with the City and has had for a number of years. You would have to inquire at City Hall as to how the contract was let but I am assuming legal procedures were followed as they usually are for contract work.

And my name is Amorette. Allison is my LAST name. Has been for 32 years.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15566) 12 years ago
Please DON"T IRRITATE OUR BELOVED BEER WENCH.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by souix (+301) 12 years ago
Kacey
I have heard that many people donated money for the care of the cats that were trapped in the depot.

Why not ask the person, from whom heard the story, where these many people donated their money?
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Matt Smith (+794) 12 years ago
I smell a vast conspiracy here.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9546) 12 years ago
Can no one rid us of these troublesome cats!!!
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3712) 12 years ago
I would donate some shotgun shells.

supporter
Posted by K.Duffy (+1820) 12 years ago
Levi! You KNOW there are probably hundreds of folks lined up to adopt a feral, inbreed cat ~ I bet Kay C. can come up with a list..even..