Miles City Books & News in the News
founder
Posted by David Schott (+18250) 16 years ago
Did you see this Billings Gazette article about Open Mike Night at Miles City Books & News?

http://www.billingsgazett...n-mike.txt
founder
Posted by Johnnie Lockett Thomas (+397) 16 years ago
When I stopped by the book store this afternoon it seemed that everybody in town had read the story except for Joe.

Congratulations good buddy.

Johnnie Lockett Thomas
Posted by JOE WHALEN (+614) 16 years ago
Thank you, Johnnie. And also David for pointing the way...

Johnnie's right. I was back on my heels and moving slowly - still reeling from the sweep through the store by the New Caledonian Society. Unbelievable! At exactly the right moment, a contigent of kilts, pipes, & drums appeared unsolicited in front of the store, filled their bags and marched through the place to a standing ovation in a packed house. They then followed with a generous four additional tunes, complete with dancers.

By far, the finest St. Patrick's Day event of my life. Thanks to all who participated.
founder
supporter
Posted by Jack McRae (+362) 16 years ago
>By far, the finest St. Patrick's Day event of my life.

Joe--
Obviously you don't comprehend the concept of St. Patrick's Day, or have led a very sheltered life, if this is the finest St. Patrick's Day event of your life.
Posted by Danny T (+54) 16 years ago
Jack,
Maybe you could enlighten us on the "concept" of St. Patrick's Day. I'm having trouble comprehending such a complex concept.
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4453) 16 years ago
Wherever there is Bushmills, you will find us.

Wherever there is Scots Whiskey, we'll be there.

(Tell us we will die like dogs.)
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15384) 16 years ago
Don't forget the Hagas.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15384) 16 years ago
"New Caledonian Society"?? What does this mean? Is there now more than one society in MC. Did the Stewart's and McRae's break off from the Campbell's?

(There is never a Highland Fling icon when you need one)

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr (edited 3/24/2006).]
supporter
Posted by Van (+559) 16 years ago
The "New Caledonian Society" is one made up of Germans and Irishmen.