AAU wrestling sign ups
Posted by Tina Bean (+415) 10 years ago
I hope this answers some questions......

Sign ups will be held Monday Jan 17th and Tues Jan 18th from 6:30 to 7:30 at the Heinz Wrestling Complex. (605 Bridge)

***BRING A COPY OF YOUR CHILDS BIRTH CERTIFICATE TO SIGN UPS***

*****I repeat.....A COPY (not the original for US to copy)*****

Fees will be $45 which will include a T-shirt sponsored by Doeden construction and Oakland Improvements. They are such good supporters of the wrestling program.

We will be hosting a local tournament at the High School on February 26th and we need ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET!!!

Generally we rent out equipment like shoes and singlets but this year we will be selling them instead. Singlets= $20 Shoes= $10. If you have any equipment that your child has outgrown and you would like to donate them just bring them to the building during sign ups. This will be tha last year that we will be doing this. From now on it will be up to the parents to either donate, trade or sell between each other. It becomes too much for the club to keep track and store.

Head coach will be Emmett Willson with Pat Cline and Paul Oakland Jr. assisting the little guys. If you would like to help out coaching please contact Dirk Doeden 951-1526 or Emmttt Willson at 945-3935. Guest appearances by Jack Raymond, Jon Harris and Jason Hirsch will also be made.

Practices will be Mon. Tues. Thurs. 6:30-7:30 for the 5-8 yr old range. The older athletes will practice from 6:30-8:00. First practice will start for 9 and up on Monday January 24th. 8 and under will begin Thursday January 27th.

If you have any other questions feel free to contact Jen Hirsch @ 951-1191 or Ward Weischedel @ 234-2412.

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!!!
Posted by Erica Gray (+22) 10 years ago
Oh man...my son is going to be so bummed. He doesn't turn 5 until this summer and all he is talking about is wrestling. Well, guess we will just have to wait until next year.
Posted by Steve Allison (+981) 10 years ago
Your son might enjoy going to the Cowboy Invitational this weekend. Championship round starts at 2 PM. Saturday. A chance to see some exciting matches.
Posted by stef428 (+233) 10 years ago
ERICA, check with the club. Some towns will let your son wrestle in the five year old division.
Posted by B. Hunter (+104) 10 years ago
Are girls allowed to sign up?
My daughter has been asking about it, but I told her that I'd have to see if girls were allowed...

Thanks.
You bet girls are allowed!!!!
Posted by B. Hunter (+104) 10 years ago
Awesome!
Posted by Heather Q. (+432) 10 years ago
both of my kids will be signing up this year. my ten year old son wrestled in kindergarden, and won it for his age. sence then it is all he talks about. now my 5 year old girl is a lil scrapper, and is more excited then my son. this is such a good program for kids to get out there stress, and learn how to interact with others. thank you to those that help out. it means alot to the kids.