Bring on the law suits...
Posted by Eric Brandt (+839) 16 years ago
I just painfully suffered through quite possibly the worst meeting of any body I have ever observed in my entire life.

This would be the public safety committee meeting of this evening.

First of all, the meeting was never actually called to order, and there was no roll call.

Furthermore, we droned on for nearly 3 hours and conducted, quite astonishingly, nothing. - those will be some interesting minutes for the stenographer to write... What shall she say? Everyone went on and on for 3 hours and said nothing? At least she won't waste much paper.

I must point out that there is a popular 12-step program for some of these folks. It's called on-anon-anon-anon. They meet, apparently, at city hall several times a month!

I am very sad to report that it is my observation that Joe Whalan appears ostracized by his co-councilmen. With the exception of motions which do nothing substantial - such as accepting minutes which are more a matter of fact than anything else - Joe's (quite clear, objective, appropriate and germain to the topic) motions seem to repeatedly die for lack of a second. This is very disturbing to me because this is a new behavior that I have not observed for the year and half I have been attending these masochistic events. This causes acute gastric gyrations within me because Joe appears to be the only one who actually cares - or for that matter - understands what is actually going on. This is really really sad I must say. Perhaps they hate him because he is not an idiot? Could it be jealousy? - That's my bet.

Joe, Keep up the good work - the people are watching.

Back to the title - lest I be committed to join the aforementioned 12-step group myself...

[f] "Bring on the law suits..."[/f]

First of all - YOU MUST FOLLOW THE RULES OF THE MEETING! - YOUR DECISIONS CAN BE CHALANGED AND COST A LOT OF MONEY!

Second - YOU CANNOT DISCUSS DISCIPLINARY SUBJECTS ABOUT EMPLOYEES IN A PUBLIC MILIEU UNLESS THAT EMPLOYEE WAIVES THEIR PRIVACY. THERE ARE LAWS AND UNION CONTRACTS HERE PEOPLE! YOUR DISCUSSION CAN BRING A LAWSUIT AND COST A LOT OF MONEY!

Third - YOU CANNOT DISCUSS AN EMPLOYEE'S PRIVATE MEDICAL CONDITIONS IN A PUBLIC MEETING UNLESS /THAT/ EMPLOYEE HAS WAIVED THEIR RIGHT TO PRIVACY!!!!! HELLO - IS THERE ANYBODY IN THERE!!!!! AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE? SURELY I'M NOT SOME SORT OF MEGA-GENIUS HERE - THROW ME A BONE PEOPLE! THAT CAN CERTAINLY BRING A LAWSUIT AND COST US A LOT OF MONEY!!!!!!!!

There was a lot more - I must add - but you'll have to watch the video - it will be online this weekend - sorry - no time this week.

One last thing - as Mr. (dis) ahner made so clear. He WAS elected by the people - and I was not. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE MARK! You sit in a padded chair, not a golden thrown. I would not recommend making directed attacks at your subjects - it's really bad form, and could cost us a lot of money... GOVERNMENT BY THE PEOPLE MEANS YOU'RE A PEOPLE TOO. If you're trying to be the Mayor - I suggest you shape up - the people are watching!

Oh, and yet another last thing - Mr. Grenz, sir, you cannot have the video camera removed from the meeting unless you change the Montana Constitution - trust me - don't even go there - yup- that's on the tape too. THAT would definitely cost us a LOT of money!!!!!!

Besides, Butch, what are you trying to hide anyway? If you're so embarrassed about your bad behavior - TRY CHANGING IT!

Mr. Partridge was right - it's a clown and circus show. They (the world) is all laughing at US! Perhaps some of you will remember the letter I wrote a year and a half ago where I mentioned that. Perhaps you would enjoy the video of a meeting where a citizen comes bouncing down the isle after the meeting singing circus music?

The organs are grinding folks... Can you hear them? Perhaps the cheap tickets have blinded us to their true value - but they are playing and they do require quarters to keep running. I recommend we stop playing them - but then - who am I - after all, I am not an elected (exalted) ruler.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a famous quote that I made up myself...

"Ignorance is bliss...
[f] - there's a looooot of f'n happy people out there!"[/f]
(and I'm beginning to think we're on the wrong side of the gate!!! )

(bring on the comments, I know you can't resist...)
supporter
Posted by Van (+564) 16 years ago
Brandt, what office do you hold? Did you go to school to be a parliamentary deity? I am no supporter of Butch's but you are an even bigger horses ass. When your business goes broke I will be on MC.com saying, remember when I told all you people he would not last. I have yet to meet one person who thinks that you even slightly matter to the welfare of MC. You are a parliamentary legend in your own twisted mind.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4455) 16 years ago
Eh, can it Van. At least he was there.

It's not like he's telling a big lie. It would probably make an excellent independent film.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5101) 16 years ago
Why can't we all just get along? *ducking*

Independent film. Hmmmmmmmm. With some good editing, that may be crazy enough to work?
supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1279) 16 years ago
Eric -

While I don't know you and can not comment on your "worthiness" in or for the grand City of Miles as Mr. Van has, I have to say BRAVO.

Now, I wasn't at this meeting, and I would not like to hack on someone who would be part of that meeting that I consider to be a wonderful friend.

However, we (you and I) are playing ball on the same field. I can not believe that none of the rest of the council can step up and meet Butch's bad behavior with much needed criticism or at least with some equaly bad behavior.

Someone needs to challenge this system that is so broke. If you the citizens don't do it, it will go unchanged. FOR THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE! Take control of your elected officials!

VIVA LA RESISTANCE!
"AUX ARMES LES CITOYENS!"
- La chanson de révolte française

Tout a fait la même chose- n'est pas?

[This message has been edited by Eric Brandt (edited 3/9/2006).]
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4458) 16 years ago
God help us. Everyone is crazy.
Posted by Morhead (+116) 16 years ago
Eric,

Can you please hit your damn English button so we can reed your post.................Huh-wait this could be a good thing if we cant reed your post. Ye Ha
supporter
Posted by Van (+564) 16 years ago
Doc: In vino veritas.
Ringo: Age quod agis.
Doc: Credat Judaeus Apella, non ego.
Ringo: Iuventus stultorum magister.
Doc: In pace requiescat.

that's latin darlin', it appears that Jhonny Ringo is an educated man, now I know I hate him!

[T]he law is coming! You tell them I'm coming . . . and Hell's coming with me! You hear?! Hell's coming with me!

Jhonny Ringo kinda has a nice ring to it don't ya think, Eric.
Posted by GL (+41) 16 years ago
"AUX ARMES LES CITOYENS!" - WITH THE WEAPONS CITIZENS

La chanson de révolte française- The song of French revolt

Tout a fait la même chose- n'est pas? - Completely the same thing - is not?

That should clear that right up for you!

[This message has been edited by GL (edited 3/9/2006).]
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4458) 16 years ago
http://www.google.com/language_tools

is always handy for this sort of thing.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5101) 16 years ago
Me gusta el queso

I like cheese
GL
Thanks for the translation.

"Can you please hit your damn English button so we can reed your post"

Morhead, I think I have a solution for you.

[f]
1. Print this page out.

2. Hold the printed page tightly between both hands leaving
about 2 inches (5cm) in between. Using about the center of
the paper works best.

3. Hold this tight paper between your pursed lips being careful
not to get the paper wet. Only a few millimeters away is
necessary.

4. Blow over the paper forcefully and at your hearts desire.
[/f]

You will discover a pleasing tone which you can adjust by varying the pressure on the paper. If you blow too hard and the paper rips, try another spot on the same paper. Greenpeace will be happy to learn that the same paper can be used over and over again.

As with any instrument, be sure to properly store your reed in a cool dry place. You will enjoy years of musical inspiration.

[f] Voila!
You can "reed" in any language without the help of translation!

[/f]

Desole quand-meme - Je n'aurai pas pu me contenir!

[This message has been edited by MilesCity.com Webmaster (edited 3/10/2006).]

I just want to add that I am not sure what was edited out??? Everything appears as originally written and I don't remember using any bad words.

Also, I misspelled and corrected Morhead. Some people have confused you with John Moorehead - the City treasurer. He is very concerned that there is a mistaken identity and was wondering who you were.

[This message has been edited by Eric Brandt (edited 3/10/2006).]