Methodist Church... "the first Church of Karl Marx"
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1670) 10 years ago
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 10 years ago
Oy vey. Bet the folks over on that "other" site are just dee-lighted by this asshat.

By the way, a church can't be the church of Karl Marx. But I suspect this idiot has never actually READ Marx or even perused the Cliff Notes.

[This message has been edited by Amorette Allison (12/20/2010)]
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14950) 10 years ago
What is the world coming to? Stories like this are disgusting, discouraging and disappointing. The implied characterization that this guy is a tea-partier so all tea-party people think like this isn't correct. On the other hand, I certainly don't agree with the tea-party guys' characterization of the Methodist Church or have any desire to see it "eliminated".

It is also been interesting to stand back and observe how, even though we claim to have separation of church and state, religious belief permeates at some level laws we pass, wars we fight adoption of foreign policy, and do so many other things that all of the sudden don't make sense to me. In many ways this is the most depressing time of the year.

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr (12/20/2010)]
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9193) 10 years ago
Constantine just never seems to really die, does he Richard...
founder
supporter
"I beg you, look for the words 'social justice' or 'economic justice' on your church website. If you find it, run as fast as you can. Social justice and economic justice are code words [for Communism and Nazism]. Am I advising people to leave their church? Yes!"

So saith Glenn Beck.

Disgusting, isn't it? Leave your church if it promotes the teachings of Jesus Christ.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 10 years ago
I have rarely felt so strongly about any public figure but I absolutely hate and despise Glenn Beck. I would spit at him if he came within spitting range. He is a miserable excuse for a human being.

I'm glad to say that there are many Mormons who do not agree with his take on social justice. I just want to know why his bishop isn't slapping him up every time he opens his mouth.
supporter
Posted by Stone (+1596) 10 years ago
This is amazing. Every single day a new level of stupidity is reached.
supporter
Posted by JCF (+393) 10 years ago
Glen Beck is the modern day "Father Caughlan" from the 1930's. Worst sort of manipulator of public angst. He is a fake and a fraud, and I agree with Wendy's assessment of how best to deal with him. I figuratively spit on him now. huuuuckkkkk (imagine phlegm being drawn up in the throat) puuuuuhhhhhh (imagine a giant loogie flying out and splatting on his stupid f'ing glasses and face).

Merry Christmas Glen, you faker. Asshat. Demagogue jerkoff.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9193) 10 years ago
Hey hey hey... this is nice website. Take that kind of talk over to milescityhome.com.
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2743) 10 years ago
I'm not even going to read the article. I just want to give kudos to Denise for coming up with a thread title that stopped me in my tracks!
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1905) 10 years ago
I don't suppose James Lynch is a Methodist.
Posted by Derf Bergman (+583) 10 years ago
As a United Methodist Minister, I can't help but wonder if Judson Phillips' pastor or even fellow members of his local church were noticeably upset when Phillips resigned his membership in the United Methodist Church.
founder
supporter
They probably held a farewell party for him after he left.
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4463) 10 years ago
I thought this was kinda strange

Now it all makes sense
Posted by Derf Bergman (+583) 10 years ago
Comrade, you know very well that the heat was off in the basilica when that picture was taken.