Miles City Home Dot Com
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3677) 10 years ago
I found this link on the data center thread. I don't know why. Out of curiosity I checked it out. I found it interesting if not filled with paranoia. Just curious about what you all think. I found the statement about "some poor guy in Washington running it" particularly funny. Check it out.

http://milescityhome.com

Welcome to milescityhome.com we are a new Miles City web site, that will try to bring easier access to the people of miles. One of the planned Pages will consist of an easy access page, with names and office phone numbers for our public officials. This would make it easier for the people of miles city to navigate around the red tape if need be. This site is operated by only one person, with an interest of hearing what miles city has to say. My kids attend school here, and my wife and I work in miles city. I started this site due to my concerns of potential corruption in local offices. On milescity.com the most used miles city web page, an attempt to subvert peoples freedom of speech has and is happening. On an obvious publicly used web site, our officials are talking openly about public topics that will effect us all. However not all of us are allowed to join in the conversation, unless we mind our masters.These officials are not brave enough to start a legitimate talk forum on an official miles city web site. Then they could not censor the people, because of a little piece of paper called the constitution. They obviously do there public business on this site, and use some poor guy that lives in Washington to run milescity.com to censor people and stifle their voice. These people obviously think that they are better than the rest of us. On my talk forum all desenters are welcome to air their grievences, and speak of things that effect us all.

Daniel Allen
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14950) 10 years ago
Welcome to the party.
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1437) 10 years ago
I wonder if he took all those photos or is using them with permission?

It doesn't look like a fair-use application to me.
Posted by polar bear (+509) 10 years ago
Too bad he can't spell.
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2706) 10 years ago
To bad Mr. Allen doesn't understand the First Amendment and that MC.com is a private site. It is also sad that he is so misinformed that he doesn't realize that he can attend a city council meeting to voice his concerns or even call city hall.

[This message has been edited by Kelly (12/19/2010)]
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 10 years ago
Tucker,

You'll see more commentary on this thread.

http://milescity.com/foru...pid=173975

and here's an example of the lovely folks who post there. This was posted by a Mr. bigsky:

hey there fags........i was refering to the milescity.com subscribers.......they threatened to boot me.....however i could give a poop less....they seem like over educated idiots. i am making an assumption here because i dont know if i know any of them personally, however some of them seem rather power hungry, and place a little too much emphasis on academics. if you disagree with them and misspell something in your rebutal then all the sudden you dont know what the hell you are talkin bout. and one of the little bitches actually told me that because i did not give a poop about spelling and punctuation i would never walk the halls of power. and maybe she was right. however i am quite certain she will never have power over me. that privilage is reserved for the lord God and his son Jesus Christ. and i pitty the person who attempts to take their place in having power over me.

Quite a Christian sentiment, no? Be aware that mc.com's profanity filter worked its magic.

[This message has been edited by Wendy Wilson (12/19/2010)]
supporter
Posted by Bill Freese (+479) 10 years ago
Fox News is currently America's highest rated cable news station. Following that trend, milescityhome.com should soon be Miles City's most popular online forum.
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1437) 10 years ago
+1 for the frequency of the word "poop" in a post, however.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9193) 10 years ago
That's actually not even the worst of Mr. Bigsky's "thoughts"...
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3712) 10 years ago
I'm just relieved that once the site is done, we will finally be able to contact public officials. There's just no way that I for one would have been able to do that without a website that listed their numbers. I mean yeah you could look them up in the phone book, but not all of us are that good at navigating the red tape.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 10 years ago
Or walk over to that building labeled City Hall or the Court House or any other number of ways an intelligent person can contact. . oh. . .wait. . .
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5094) 10 years ago
Well, it sounds like Wendy's got another fan.
founder
supporter
Ahem. I was the one who told this peabrain that if he sounded like an uneducated idiot, he would never "walk the halls of power." And I was right!
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17321) 10 years ago
I dunno....I kind of like that site. Its kind of fun for me to have an alter ego.
supporter
An analogy: milescityhome.com is to milescity.com as conservapedia is to wikipedia.

Happy Trolling!!
supporter
Amorette:

Noted.

Bob L. wrote:
Well, it sounds like Wendy's Amorette's got another fan.

Fixed my earlier post.

[This message has been edited by Bob L. (12/20/2010)]
supporter
Pseudo Gunnar wrote:
I dunno....I kind of like that site. Its kind of fun for me to have an alter ego.

Can't argue with you there...
supporter
Shall we stage a takeover?
supporter
I thought you already staged a takeover there, Wendy...re: "rants of a superwomen" thread.
supporter
Are there any posters there who aren't just trolls from here?
supporter
Funny Gunnar. You make me laugh.
supporter
Posted by Stone (+1596) 10 years ago
I like the "sarah palins old man" post. Does this guy have split personality or what? One person carrying on a perverted conversation with himself. This poop is as abnormal as it gets. What a procreateing ass munch.
supporter
Well, when I get bored with milescityhome.com (particularly now that their forums are down), I just head over to conservapedia.

Here's an interesting essay: http://www.conservapedia....tive_Words
Not just new, but the BEST New Conservative words.

Now, not to get to meta or anything, but even better than the actual conservapedia articles, are the talk pages about the conservapedia articles: http://www.conservapedia....tive_Words

Anyways... Merry Chuthulhumas!

[This message has been edited by Bridgier (12/21/2010)]
supporter
Well, I've just joined the ranks of the banned from Milescityhome.com. I don't understand. I've only posted once. So much for Freedom of Speech.
founder
supporter
Heeheeheehee. I guess I better join so I can get banned. Heeheehee.
supporter
It's apparently no longer a site for the oppressed masses to speak out. Now it's a private site for 6 people to post, and maybe 3 more in the future. Three days to go from being a first amendment warrior to more oppressive than Larry (or his city government puppet masters) ever dreamed of being.

[This message has been edited by Levi Forman (12/22/2010)]
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1670) 10 years ago
Why have a website for discussion among six to nine friends? How about just have weekly dinner parties and call it a day?
supporter
If you read the "Where are you from?", thread, it speaks in spades about these knuckledraggers.

The most moronic of them, including the host, comes from...Texas.

Yes, Texas.

Is there a stupider state of bigmouthed losers in the entire country? I think not.
supporter
Procreating mouth breathers
Posted by Roy Simanton (+60) 10 years ago
I think he needs to go back to High School, and learn the difference between the words "sale and sell".
Posted by Derf Bergman (+583) 10 years ago
The reactivity on this thread, and others, makes me think the milescityhome.com folks might be winning.

[This message has been edited by Derf Bergman (12/22/2010)]
supporter
It's not fair. Bridgier can post there but I'm banned?!?
supporter
I'm more of a descriptive grammarian, unlike some who are a touch more... prescriptive in their outlook.

This allows me to interact with the natives in a less threatening and/or judgemental role.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4461) 10 years ago
So hard not to tell them they are a bunch of retards. Shipping packages is unconstitutional, did you know that? The Post Office is for letters only. Retards.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17052) 10 years ago
Bridgier wrote:
"... less threatening and/or judgemental ..."

Proof positive of why Bridgier is allowed to hang with the hoi polloi.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4461) 10 years ago
Why would you want to?

Plus saying it here is more satisfying. Over there it's like shouting into a lonely nothing.

[This message has been edited by Buck Showalter (12/22/2010)]
Posted by Derf Bergman (+583) 10 years ago
Go ahead, Wendy. Tell him how to spell judgmental.
founder
supporter
So, what, these adrift Texans have banned everyone who doesn't have a Texas accent and an inability to spell? Drat.
supporter
My favorite poster there is Little Sky.
supporter
Proof positive of why Bridgier is allowed to hang with the hoi polloi.

You may think of me as the Margaret Mead of mc.com...
supporter
I've never seen such an insecure message board. Not only did it not require a real email to register, *all* html tags work in posts.

I see that Mr. Allen has chosen to up his credibility further still by posting stuff from infowars.com. I wonder if he's the one that spray painted the URL on that overpass on the way to Billings.

[This message has been edited by Levi Forman (12/23/2010)]
supporter
It does appear to remove <script> tags though
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Matt Smith (+794) 10 years ago
I personally do not mind at all if Mr. Allen has a website. This is America, he is free to express himself.

I do mind that he pilfered our logo for our Real Estate office without permission and posted it on his site.

I am guessing that Mr. Allen will read this post, so if it is not asking to much, please remove my logo & contact information from your site.

If your not sure what logo it is you pilfered....it is the
www.MileCityRealEstate.com one. It is blue in color.

Thanks & Regards,

Matt Smith
Posted by Still here (+27) 10 years ago
I will remove that for you, did not mean to offend. Is freedom not grand RON PAUL in 2012..