Posted by Bill Gierke (+79) 11 years ago
I see in where Mr. Don Schott has passed away. Ruthie, Chuck, Lori, Don and David, I have fond memories of your father while growing up in Miles City. My thoughts and prayers are with you. God bless.
Posted by snickers (+820) 11 years ago
Oh no I am so sad to hear this news. He was a great man
My prayers go out to the whole family
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14950) 11 years ago
This is sad new and I am sorry for your loss. My prayers and condolences to the family.
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9922) 11 years ago
I am very sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you all.
Posted by Mandi (+352) 11 years ago
You will be missed Don. Hope you are singing, and golfing "hole-in-ones" in heaven!
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17067) 11 years ago
Thanks, everyone. Dad will be missed.

It's been quite a few years since he worked there but a few of you may recall calling Deluxe Motors and hearing the phone answered, "Don, Deluxe Motors" in his trademark fashion. Others may have had occasion to meet Judge Schott in Custer County Justice Court. Hopefully you felt the outcome was reasonably fair if not entirely to your liking.

- Dave
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1905) 11 years ago
Your Dad was a friend of my parents. Sorry for your loss.
supporter
Posted by Shu (+1795) 11 years ago
Judge Schott taught me a valuable lesson a few years ago. I had a "small claims" court case to deal with and he was very helpful with walking me through the steps and explaining how it worked. I called him several times throughout the process and he was very good about answering the questions and being helpful even though I knew he had other things to do. It was a good first lesson in how the law, courts and a justice system worked, and it did help me later in life.

You're a good man and a good judge, your honor. Rest in peace.
supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1272) 11 years ago
To the Schott family - My thoughts are with you during this hard time. Our fathers were good friends and I know that my father deeply respected yours. And we were neighbors so many years ago! I know that your parents were very good to the little boy across the street! Bless your family and may he rest in peace.

Cory
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1671) 11 years ago
So sorry for your loss. Our thoughts are with the entire family.

The Selks
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 11 years ago
I'm so sorry to hear about Don. My thoughts are with the family.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 11 years ago
Ditto to everyone's sentiments. He will be missed, especially at Big Sky Pharmacy.
supporter
Posted by Ken Minow (+375) 11 years ago
The first time I was before Judge Schott he informed me that he knew my grandfather.On one of my subsequent[and last] appearances in his court,he informed me that he not only knew my grandfather,he knew my grandfather wouldn't be very proud of me.The point was well-taken.
Mr. Schott was an excellent judge.Condolences to the family.
Ken Minow
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14950) 11 years ago
Ken: funny you mention that... I had to go see him for doing 85ft/sec instead of 80 feet/sec and he had the very same conversation with me.
Posted by Kacey (+3159) 11 years ago
To the whole Schott family,

I have known Don for as long as I can remember. I am sure we met because Ruth's parents were our next door neighbors. Dad used to work for Don doing carpentry work. I remember seeing Don and Ruth at the Airport Inn last year. I hadn't seen them in a long time yet both recognized me, smiled and then visited with me.

He was a great man and he will be missed by so many.

You have my thoughts and prayers.
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1438) 11 years ago
Condolences and our very best to the Schott family from us, too.
supporter
Posted by ike eichler (+1226) 11 years ago
My thoughts are with the entire family. Ruth you have been an angel.