Jackets games
Posted by Duncan Bonine (+282) 16 years ago
If anyone is interested, the MSU-B Yellowjackets games at St Mary's in San Antonio are supposed to be aired on the web beginning at
2:45 PM on Thu(2nd) and Fri(3rd). QuickTime required.

http://www.stmarytx.edu/a...kepit1.mov
Posted by Slosh (+695) 16 years ago
Thanks Duncan. Any chance that you can give updates to those of us at work that won't be able to follow along?
At the end of 4, the Rattler's are up 2-1.
OUCH! In the bottom of the 5th, the Rattler's batted around scoring 6 runs. At the end of 5 it's 8-1.
ouch. Not going to be a good phone call from Jake
The Jackets lost the first game 9-1 and lost the second game 8-2.
The Rattler pitcher in the 2nd game recorded 12 K's. They also had a base hit in every inning. These two teams go at it again tomorrow at the same time. Jackets are 0 -6 overall and now 0-2 in conference.
I talked to my brother last night and he said that second pitcher was legit. He threw hard and nailed his spots, he was the Rattlers number one pitcher. Jake said the Jackets played well, except for hitting the ball. I think they had seven hits total in the two games.

He also said he thinks that the Jackets will be able to compete with the Rattlers later in the season. He didn't say they would win, but compete. Which would be a step in the right direction.
The Jackets lost two more today to Incarnate Word: 9-1 & 9-3. The games weren't aired and the box scores aren't available just yet. Tough road trip - They play another double header tomorrow at I.W. and then go to Austin to play St Edwards on Sun & Mon.
I just talked to my brother, and he said they were in both games, just couldn't close the deal. The pitchers are still not throwing nearly to their potential and the defense struggled, and obviously the offense wasn't there. Jake did say that Incarnate Word wasn't nearly as good as he had originally thought. They were good, but I think they got hyped up a bit too much. He thinks they'll be able to compete against them up here. But that'll be decided then.
After a long dry spell, the Jackets are pulling together. After disappointing losses on Fri, the Jackets came out Sat with a convincing 11-2 win followed by a 5-2 come from behind win against Northwest Nazarene University. Although Sat was a little chilly, it's always great to see a good ball game.

The Jackets are scheduled to play Colorado Christian on Tue. weather permitting.
it was chilly, but well worth it to see the guys pull it together. Now hopefully we can string a few together.
Slosh - Did you make the Fri games?
What happened in the 1st game 9th? Pitching? Coaching? Guess it doesn't matter with the team pulling back together for the Sat wins.
Tue games against Colorado Christian are cancelled. Next games are at Oklahoma Panhandle (Goodwell, OK) on 24th & 25th. Then at Lincoln University (Jefferson City, MO) on 29th & 30th.
the pitcher threw very well through eight innings. the coach went to pull him in the ninth, after he beaned two in a row, but the kid said he could finish it. Coach let him, and he walked another before being pulled. Then the flood gates opened. It was pretty stunning actually.

I was impressed with the way they showed up and played on Sat. We weren't expecting to see them as fired up as they were, kudos to the coach and leaders of the team. Hopefully it will carry over.
Posted by Sod Buster (+100) 16 years ago
I have to brag to all you baseball fans that I have just bought the Coors Field Guy Night Out package for the Colorado Rockies....I have tickets to every home game on Tuesday nights(11) for the entire season....all for $100/ticket. So now that I have some tickets...........PLAY BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!
The one nice thing about going to a Rockies game, is that you get to see the other team play.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5100) 16 years ago
Sod Buster:

Sounds like fun.

I always liked to sit in the Rock Pile.
Posted by Sod Buster (+100) 16 years ago
after reading my post...I made it sound like I paid $100 per ticket...when I meant to say $100 for 11 tickets. Yeah...I agree Coors Field is a great place to sit back drink a cold one and watch the Rockies serve up home run after home run to the visiting team...although word on the street is that the Rocks might have some decent pitching this year...however that's probably another post.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15076) 16 years ago
It is great, except that you have to drink Coors.