Suggestions for Deer Processing in Miles City
Posted by jamie arjanen (+24) 11 years ago
We are new to town and would like suggestions on the best wild game processor here in Miles City.
Posted by eric fredrickson (+37) 11 years ago
take it to ryan's in jordan
Posted by mule train (+1055) 11 years ago
Do it yourself
sponsor
Posted by RandK (+458) 11 years ago
Quality Meats of Montana is the best place in town!! There number 232-0689! They doing excellent work! I hope this helps!
Posted by Toni Rentschler (+1517) 11 years ago
Butcher Block Specialties, they are great. Never had anything wrong, everything just PERFECT!
Posted by Gwen Gunther (+101) 11 years ago
Willson Meat Processing does a very nice job! They have lots of varieties available for sausages and such. I worked with them last season and was VERY impressed with the efforts taken to make sure everything was clean, sanitary, and that each person got their OWN meat back. That is not always the case with some processors!!
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3712) 11 years ago
Well, now you've got a recommendation for every place in Eastern Montana so take it wherever you want .
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1437) 11 years ago
4 suggestions, all of them different, none of them seconded.

That tells me Mule Train is right - do it yourself.
supporter
Posted by spacekace (+896) 11 years ago
Ok.... I reccomend Ryan's in Jordan. They have the best brat's! The cheddar jalapeno are my favorite!
Posted by dnewton09 (+91) 11 years ago
I will second Quailty,,only becasue Ryans is to far to take a deer to
be processed.. Doing it yourself is the best way..
supporter
Posted by Chris Gamrath (+385) 11 years ago
And I will second Willson Meat Processing. It's local, clean, efficient, and as mentioned before, at least you get YOUR animal back.
Posted by Joe Smity (+114) 11 years ago
For a local processor, I've had excellent luck with Wilson's
C&K meats in Forsyth does an excellent job as well.
Posted by Tina Bean (+415) 11 years ago
Wilson meats here too!! You get YOUR meat back! Have used him for the last 3 yrs and wont go anywhere else!
supporter
Posted by cubby (+2629) 11 years ago
I agree Wilson's do a very fine job and once again you do get your own meat back
Posted by Jan Warn (+199) 11 years ago
Butcher Block has done our family's meat for years. Wild as well as domestic & trust me, my dad was picky!!!!!
Posted by AL (+46) 11 years ago
Do it yourself. No better family time then cutting a leg off and taking it inside and the whole family cutting up some good deer meat. My favorite is as soon as we get it hung up and cutting out those inside loins and having some fresh deer meat. My kids love it
Posted by Steve Allison (+981) 11 years ago
As someone who is too lazy, old and hating of cold weather to do his own hunting anymore, I have not used any of these services. But looking here it sounds like they all do a good job and it just a matter of what you are looking for in a finished product, flavoring of your brats and such. If any of them are giving out free samples of their end product let us know. I'd be will to find a stuffed deer to throw in the back of the car as I trolled for free goodies.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17321) 11 years ago
Personally, I like to cut my own up....but then take 20 lbs. of trimmed venison to a butcher to have sausage made. This year I had jalapeno cheddar dogs made up, and they are delicious. Its a little pricey, but its better than me swearing for four hours as I try to stuff sausage casings.
Posted by jamie arjanen (+24) 11 years ago
Thanks for the info!