Miles City American Legion Baseball
founder
Posted by Morford Woodworks (+9) 20 years ago
Just wanted to invite everyone to visit the web site of Miles City's American Legion baseball teams, the Miles City Mavericks and the Miles City Colts. There is a link to the site here on MilesCity.com or the address is http://www.eteamz.com/mcmavs. I will do my best to keep it updated and fresh throughout the year. If you have any suggestions to improve the site, please don't hesitate to contact me.

John Morford
Webmaster
[email protected]
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10002) 20 years ago
Hi John,
I don't know much about the American Legion so this may be a dumb question. But I was just wondering if any of the American Legion teams are affilated with Major League Baseball teams??

Regards, Larry
founder
Larry,

No, there isn't any affiliation between American Legion teams and Major League Baseball.

The Miles City Youth Baseball Association is the parent group that handles all of the different baseball teams in Miles City. The MCYBA offers organized baseball to Miles City's youth starting with 6-7 year olds in Tee Ball, 8 year olds in the Minor 8 League, 9-10 year olds in the Minors League, 11-12 year olds in the Majors League, 13-15 year olds in the Babe Ruth League and 16-18 year olds(along with a few 15 year olds at times)in the American Legion program.

The MCYBA is a nationally registered non-profit association that has to raise all it's own money through various business's, interested baseball fans and of course the almighty "Baseball Parent"!

Even though Miles City has two different American Legion teams, the Class "AA" Miles City Mavericks and the Class "A" Miles City Colts, they don't receive any monetary help from Miles City's American Legion Post #4. This American Legion Post here in town does not seem to be as active as others around the area in helping promote American Legion Baseball. I beleive they just don't have the members or the resources to do much. Some of the local area Legion players have in fact though received monetary assistance through area American Legion Posts such as Baker over the years.

The people of Miles City and the surrounding area have always been great to "step up to the plate" and help out the MCYBA and our heart-felt thanks go out to all who help with Miles City's baseball programs.

If anyone reading this would like to donate to the association, remember that we are a registered non-profit group so all your donations are tax-deductible.

If I can help provide any further information for anyone, please don't hesitaite to contact me.

John Morford
303 South Prairie
Miles City, Mt 59301
(406)232-6485
[email protected]
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10002) 20 years ago
Hi John,
Thanks for all the info. That clears it up for me. If someone would like to make a contribution what would the address be? The same as posted in your last message?

Regards, Larry
founder
Larry,

Yes, anyone wanting to make a donation could send it to me and I will take care of it. We will also send a receipt back to the donor if requested.

John Morford
Posted by Matt Cronin (+7) 18 years ago
John,
can you tell me if Jack Helber is stil the Mavericks' manager, and what his email or phone number is? I have some good college ball prospects here in Anchorage I'd like to alert him to.
thanks,
Matt Cronin
(907) 346-3916
[email protected]