Posted by Cheryl Pieters (+480) 11 years ago
Posted by Cheryl Pieters (+480) 11 years ago
I couldn't find a Democratic Brain-I was trying to be "fair and balanced") I'm sure it would be just as Sterotypical. Anybody see one? Please feel free to post it on here.

I think my whole point is that we are being "trained" by the Media so see our fellow Americans as "out of touch" at best and "Enemies" at the worst. I think people need to tune out form the Media we are being spoonfed on Television and read and think for ourselves, before it's too late. Use common sense instead of jumping on the bandwagon and losing sleep over false stories and rumors! Don't think for a second that ALL televised Media isn't created to manipulate people. What do you think PAYS the people who own Television Networks? Not the Nielson Polls-it's ADVERTISING! ...and you'd better be discontented so you will by lots of stuff to make it worth their while! Why do you think TV shows are filled with anorexic, beautiful people who most of us don't resemble in the least? Why does TV try to tell us their lives are great and our lives are so awful that we had better go shopping for better clothes or invest in an expensive diet plan in order to make ourselves feel better? Why do the news shows tell us WE ARE ALL DOOMED SO BE VERY AFRAID? Do you think happy, content people feel the need to buy things? If you are happy and content do you NEED a Home Security System? A Humvee with bulletproff glass windows? an Assault Rifle?

Next time you get into an "us vs. them" mood-try to keep it about a friendly sports competition, not a hateful battle between yourself and that "Republican" or "Democrat" or "Yuppie" or "Redneck" or neighbor or even worse, "wrong" family member who you will never forgive because of their opinion about something....
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4457) 11 years ago
I couldn't find a Democratic Brain-I was trying to be "fair and balanced") I'm sure it would be just as Sterotypical. Anybody see one? Please feel free to post it on here.

Sorry, had to be done.

[This message has been edited by Rick Kuchynka (11/7/2010)]
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2737) 11 years ago
That diagram only shows the left side of the brain, which supports my hypothesis that Republicans only have half a brain.

The corollary to that hypothesis, by the way, is that Democrats also only have half a brain -- so don't be surprised if, should you ever find it, the diagram for the Democrat brain shows only the right side.

Of course, the logical conclusion to all this hypothesizing is that only when Ds and Rs get together is a full brain present. In other words, ain't nothing gonna go right until we start working as a team again, using the best ideas from both sides of the brain/aisle.

Btw Rick - That is not a true image of Homer's brain. The size of the brain is right, but Homer's brain is shaped like a donut with a big hole in the middle.

[This message has been edited by Steve Craddock (11/7/2010)]
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15076) 11 years ago
In other words, ain't nothing gonna go right until we start working as a team again, using the best ideas from both sides of the brain/aisle.

This idea is frequently stated here, but when has it really ever happened?
supporter
Actually Richard (deja vu), the question should be when has it not happened?

There have been moments throughout our nation's history when one side or the other emerged with undue strength for a period of time, but those times are usually short-lived (e.g., the McCarthy era). When the best ideas stop rising to the top, the American people come to their senses and shift the balance of power back to where it belongs. Eventually the bad ideas get weeded out and sanity is restored.

If the power pendulum didn't swing back and forth and if both sides weren't fairly well balanced, our country would long ago have declined into a state of totalitarianism (right wing) or anarchy (left wing). That's the thing: It takes both sides to make our system work. A one-party system where one political philosophy reigns supreme is the death-knell of democracy.

A healthy democracy is not a well-behaved child - it's messy and loud and demanding and unpredictable. God Bless America!
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6171) 11 years ago
Rats, I thought this thread was about zombies.

Oh wait, maybe it is.
supporter
First it was lesbian vampires - now zombies??? Wendy, it's time to get out of Utah!
Posted by Tyler R (+56) 11 years ago
supporter
Republican sense of humor. hahahaha Now that IS funny!
Then this one should be funny as well :-)

But lets get down to the two brains that we all want to know about!!!

supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6171) 11 years ago
Steve, believe me, I'm trying.