Cowboy Game
Posted by D. Matzen (+166) 11 years ago
Is it going to be aired on any of our local stations?
Posted by Herbie (+115) 11 years ago
Im sure you can listen to it on KATL and on their web site.
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6014) 11 years ago
According to KATL, the Columbia Falls station is having technical difficulties and aren't answering the phone. I'm sure this could all be avoided if Mr. Rath was there, but in the meantime, we get to listen to the musical stylings of Natasha Bedingfield.
It's back up. WooHoo!
Good I was getting worried! Thanks!
Posted by Herbie (+115) 11 years ago
"According to KATL, the Columbia Falls station is having technical difficulties and aren't answering the phone. I'm sure this could all be avoided if Mr. Rath was there'

Brian, that may be above Mr Rath's head.
supporter
Posted by Jeff Denton (+763) 11 years ago
It's a really nice Fall afternoon up here in the NW corner of the state. Just went for a putt on the Sportster, and wondered how the game is going.
Cooley scored for the fourth time, Cowboys are up, 27-13 at the end of the third quarter.

In case anyone is curious, the Cowboys team record for rushing touchdowns is six (Justin Venn vs. Laurel in 2000). The record for a quarterback is five (Tanner Crevier vs. Glendive in 2006 and Shane Cooley vs. Livingston in 2009).

Cooley now has the team playoff record for rushing TDs.

He now has 29 rushing TDs for his career, good for a tie for third all-time.

[This message has been edited by Brian A. Reed (11/6/2010)]
Stanton scored. Cowboys up, 34-13.
WooHoo! Cowboys win, 34-13. I was one holding call away from a perfect prediction, but I'll take it!

Great job, Cowboys! Have a safe trip home, and good luck against Dillon!
Posted by urijah (+135) 11 years ago
did dillon beat belgrade
They were up, 35-13 at the half. I'm going to go out on a limb and say yes.
supporter
Way to go, Cowboys!
It sure is a nice day up here for such a dank area, huh?
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1905) 11 years ago
Is next week's game in Dillon?
No, it's in Miles City. The Cowboys will have homefield advantage through the playoffs so long as they win, unless they meet Billings Central in the championship. If that happens, it will be in Billings since BC defeated the Cowboys earlier this season.
supporter
I'm curious how our Miles City friends rate their recent experience in Flathead County. We're working really hard to better our tourism income now that most of our best industries have dried up.
Hopefully the fans and parents of the losing team behaved, that seems to be a problem lately. A public sporting event now rates as the place we're most likely to get Tazered here, the local cops love this easy and safe method of controlling belligerence.
Tell us your story!
The local paper's report really speaks highly of the Cowboy team. Nice work!
supporter
Posted by Stone (+1596) 11 years ago
Brian, I was not at the game and did not get to listen to it. However, someone told me that Cooley was playing tailback this game. Is that true?
Posted by Slosh (+701) 11 years ago
Stone-
Layne didn't play much offense (if at all) in the second half. they came out with Askin at QB and Cooley at TB. They changed things up a bit and went with Stanton at TB for awhile too, both sets worked beautifully.
In the third quarter, CF ran exactly 4 offensive plays, not counting a punt. By the time the 3rd was over, they didn't want to play football anymore.
supporter
Posted by Stone (+1596) 11 years ago
Slosh, I did not ask about Layne but thanks for the update. I will post my question in the other football- as it is more relevant there.
So who will Billings Central play this weekend?
Butte Central.
Thanks! We thought so!