For the beer lovers!
Posted by Dave Golterman (+236) 10 years ago
A Missoula ice cream parlor has added a new flavor to their menu: Big Sky I.P.A.

http://www.bigdippericecream.com/
supporter
Posted by julieinmc (+511) 10 years ago
I love IPAs, but I really have to wonder about this one. Still, I'm game. Would love to give it a try. I wonder how it would taste in a float.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16669) 10 years ago
The Big Dipper in Helena made ice cream with Blackfoor River's Tartanic Scottish Ale this summer, and it was excellent!

I do share julieinmc's apprehension on hops and ice cream, though.
Posted by CS Hunt (+321) 10 years ago
IPAs have always been iffy at best with me. Those of you who are IPA connoisseurs give me the name of a good one that's locally available.

...please.
Posted by rabbit (+17) 10 years ago
My taste buds are a rolling!! I am currently drinking the antelope, and I am very excited, but do I have to drive all the way to the western side of the state to enjoy this ice cream! "It is just so crazy, it might just work!"

IPA For the rest of my life!!!
supporter
Hmmmmm......IPAs available in Miles City? I don't know. Beer selection in Miles City stores is terrible.

Your best bet, CS, would to be to go to a local tavern that has the Beaver Creek Brewery beers on tap, and order the Beaver Creek Pale Ale. Not an IPA per se, but hoppy and good.

If Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA or their Celebration ale ever shows up in the stores, buy a sixer of that.
Posted by CS Hunt (+321) 10 years ago
Thanks Gunnar!
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3717) 10 years ago
I am pretty certain you won't find a bottle in Miles City with the letters IPA on it. This stuff might be the closest thing:

IPAs are an acquired taste.
supporter
Scape Goat is what I buy at the market and I drink the Beaver Creek when I'm at the Montana. I guess the reason I like these bitter and flavorful beers is because they do a pretty good job of drowning out the metallic taste of the chemo and taste closer to normal than the fizzy yellow stuff. It's the same thing with Mexican food. Something strong and spicy is more enjoyable because the flavors seem to be less "off."
Posted by Ryan (+482) 10 years ago
Rib and Chop house sells I.P.A.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14728) 10 years ago
IPA's are for wimps.
supporter
Then I guess I'm a whimp.
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4456) 10 years ago
New Belgium Ranger IPA is available most places here. I thought it was pretty good.

That said, I'm not sure where the sudden interest in IPA's comes from.

I'd say if there's anything tough to get in MC, it's a good stout.
Posted by rabbit (+17) 10 years ago
Just tried the Sam Adams Lat. 48 IPA. It is pretty darn good! With having said this, i got a strange smell from my feet. Co-workers threw my boots outside, and I have fought this "smell" since I had the 6 pack. The wife suggested that it might be from the different beer selection. I din't buy another 6 pack of Sam Adams and the symptoms have gone away. Should I contact a lawyer, to sue for a year supply of Big Sky IPA??!?
Posted by Beer Man (+14) 10 years ago
Beaver Creek Brewery's Redheaded IPA will be available......soon at the Rib & Chop House.......your welcome and Cheers!!!!
supporter
Posted by tom regan (+2286) 10 years ago
I do miss the Blackfoot brewery in Helena, but now that I'm living in Denver, I have a much larger selection of breweries. And being the winter/Holiday season, all the tasty dark and delicious seasonal beers are available right now. I had a double black IPA made by Odell that was very good. In the fridge right now is an oaked imperial stout, and a barley wine made by Great Divide brewery. Also some ruination IPA. The ruination is not seasonal, or local, but at 100+ IBU's and $18.00 a six pack, I buy this once a year for Christmas.

Hey beer drinkers, what are some seasonal beers should I try?
supporter
Alaskan Brewing Co. has a most excellent double black IPA that is worthy of trying, as well as their barleywine.

Most other Christmas beers I have tried thus far, I cannot pass on a recommendation. Thus far, the best holiday beers I have had have been my own homebrewed ales....but there is one exception.

And Tommy, you will eat your eye-teeth out over this one.......

The kegs of Bitburger pilsner, imported straight from Germany, have been exquisite at Miller's Crossing this year.

And Bonnie's bacon-wrapped water chestnuts were absolutely killer.
Posted by Mandi Heinle (+45) 10 years ago
BuyMT.com now has a great supply of Montana Micro brews including Big Sky Brewing, Kettle House Brewery, Harvest Moon, Great Northern Brewery, Yellowstone Valley Brewing Co, Bayern... and we also carry Montana made wines - including Tongue River Winery. We just got a new order of Rhubarb wine and it's going fast! Stop in at BuyMT.com at 919 Main St. in Miles City and check it out!
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14728) 10 years ago
BuyMT.com now has a great supply of Montana Micro brews including Big Sky Brewing, Kettle House Brewery, Harvest Moon, Great Northern Brewery, Yellowstone Valley Brewing Co, Bayern... and we also carry Montana made wines - including Tongue River Winery. We just got a new order of Rhubarb wine and it's going fast! Stop in at BuyMT.com at 919 Main St. in Miles City and check it out!

DO YOU HAVE KETTLE HOUSE BREWRY'S SCOTCH ALE??? (please say yes, please say yes, please say yes)

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr. (1/3/2011)]
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6170) 10 years ago
I live in Utah.
YES! Cold Smoke Scotch Ale is one of my personal favorites. Come in and see our selection!
BuyMT.com in Miles City carries this one (Big Sky IPA) - along with Kettle House Double Haul IPA and Eddy Out Pale Ale...along with several other fabulous Montana -brewed beers from Missoula, Belt, Whitefish & Billings.