MCC Bus Tour to BST for "A Christmas Story"
Posted by Beth Oswald (+283) 11 years ago
MCC Community Outreach Bus Tour
Billings Studio Theatre presents "A Christmas Story"
Sunday, December 5th at 2:00 pm
Cost: $55.00 (Includes bus, lunch and play ticket)

Tentative Itinerary:
9:30 am - Leave MCC
12:00 pm - Arrive in Billings
12:30 - 1:30 pm - Eat lunch(Restaurant pending)
1:30 pm - Leave restaurant for Billings Studio Theater
2:00 - 4:00 pm - Watch "A Christmas Story"
4:30 pm - Stop at Town Pump in Lockwood
5:00 - 7:30 pm - Drive back to Miles City

The year is 1940 and 9-year-old Ralphie Parker wants only one thing for Christmas - a genuine Red Ryder BB Gun! Ralphie pleads his case to his mother, his teacher, and even Santa Claus himself. The consistent response: "You'll shoot your eye out!" All the elements of the beloved motion picture are here, including the temperamental exploding furnace, the Little Orphan Annie decoder pen, and the old Man winning a major award (a gaudy lamp). A Christmas Story is a tribute to the traditional, 100% red-blooded, all American Christmas.

As with all MCC bus tours; food, drinks and coolers are welcome on the bus.

Please contact Beth Oswald at (406) 874-6164 to pre-register. Registration and Payment is required no later than November 9th, 2010.
Posted by Ms Dinger (+186) 11 years ago
Sounds like fun!
supporter
Posted by Sarah Peterson (+374) 11 years ago
I have to go! A Christmas Story is my favorite movie.
I am getting lots of sign-ups. Call or stop by soon to reserve your spot!
Tomorrow is the last day to sign up!!!
If you have been considering going on this trip but haven't quite made up your mind; today is the last day. I have had some last minute cancellations and if I don't get the numbers back up, I will be forced to cancel. SO, if you have friends and/or family that you think would enjoy this, contact me today.

P.S. This would make a GREAT Christmas gift!!
Posted by Gwen Gunther (+101) 11 years ago
So...what is the status of the bus tour as someone who paid their money to surprise their little girl with a fun trip with her mom & grandma?! Do we still get to go
I have to order tickets by 4:00 pm today. BST will NOT give me a refund if there are any cancellations after today, so that is the reason for requiring payment yesterday. That being said, I am waiting on a couple of groups that said they thought they would like to go and will let me know by noon today. As of right now, I have had enough cancellations as of yesterday, that I cannot run the trip. I will let everyone know this afternoon one way or the other and issue refunds.

This will be an awfully fun trip (my bus trips always are) and it is a great way to not have to worry about driving on the roads yourself and it makes for a fairly non-tiring day.
I just had confirmation and payment of enough tickets that this trip WILL still run.

There is still time to pay and sign up for this tour. If you can register and have money to me by 1:30 pm today, I will hold off on confirming the tickets until then. Call me ahead of time and let me know that you are planning to sign up. 874-6164. Thanks!
Posted by Gwen Gunther (+101) 11 years ago
Thanks for your extra effort trying to get this put together Beth, we were going to be so disappointed as it's going to be such a fun event for grandma, mom & daughter!!!!! This is our favorite holiday movie and as you pointed out, how nice to be able to sit back and enjoy the day while someone else does the driving. Thanks again!