City League Basketball
Posted by Brian Hubbell (+123) 11 years ago
I heard a rumor that there will be a city basketball league again, does anyone know who to contact about signing up a team? I was told it was in the paper but I guess I missed it. Thanks.
Posted by Brandon Loomis (+103) 11 years ago
I play weekly at Washington Middle School with a group of guys and I didn't here anything about it. If true it would be sweet I would sign up in a second. Also if anyone knows of any other open gyms let me know we've been short on people and I can't imagine that nobody is playing in town. Three years ago we regularly had 15-25 people show up, we have 8 on a good night now.
Well I have heard that Danny Davis was organizing this league, but I have heard nothing since.
supporter
Posted by Sharlys (+201) 11 years ago
Brian, you are right. Dan is getting the men's basketball league going again. He currently has, I think, 4 teams signed up and is looking to get at least 8, if possible. Call 874-6264 for more information or to sign up a team. I believe he said the team entry fee was $150, which includes a year end tournament with awards. He would be able to give you the full details.
Posted by Marci Mollman (+166) 11 years ago
can they get a women's league going again too?
supporter
I think it would be great to have a women's league, too. Marci, you don't have much going on, how about you get one going! JK. As far as I know, it is just men's league. I'll do some thinking on it and maybe I'll do what I can to get a women's league going. Consider this a "putting my feelers out" to see how many women would be interested. Given the business of the Centra's schedule now with Pioneer sports, co-ed volleyball, and men's league volleyball, it would probably be something to start up in March or so.
Thanks Sharlys I will get a hold of Dan next week, we would love to be team #5 but #1 in your hearts. Thanks again.
Posted by Brandon Loomis (+103) 11 years ago
I talked to Dan he would like to get going by November 10.
Posted by Marci Mollman (+166) 11 years ago
Yeh, I know there are women interested and I was hoping someone would just volunteer to run it instead of me!! We were thinking that March would be the best time frame too...instead of doing the women's volleyball league that we tried last year we can do basketball. I know of some people interested and I think if we went into Forsyth and some outliers we could get more. We used to have a league that went well! Keep me posted...853-2145.
supporter
Will do, Marci. You'll have to lose that big basketball in front before you can play on the Court, though! Congrats! You look great!
supporter
Just a reminder that the men's city league basketball is about to begin. Meeting will be held with all teams to go over rules, etc. this Sunday. I know Dan has a few players without a team, so if you are looking to put a team together, but are just a few guys short, he can probably help you out. Call Dan at 874-6264 to sign your team up or find out more information. As of now, he has 7 confirmed teams.