City County Planning Board
Posted by mtliz (+23) 11 years ago
If the City County Planning Board is not a city board nor a county board, but an independent board with it's own authority,,,,,,, how does it get paid, who decides who is on it and how does it govern?Are they self appointed, don't they have to answer to anyone? Seems like no one is for sure on this matter. Sounds kind of scarey to me.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4462) 11 years ago
I always assumed that on days 8 through 14, God provided sewer, water, and roads. Who knew that public services required organization?
Posted by Mayor (+139) 11 years ago
Thank you, Red & Toni, for finally submitting some earnest questions that merit response. Thank you also to Joe & Amorette for providing well-informed responses.

Questions relating to funding have been left to me so I'll do what I can to clear up any lingering confusion.

1. After the City/County Planning Board was created, succeeding Custer County Commissions authorized a City/County Planning Levy each fiscal year to fund the activities of the board.

2. The expressed purpose of this levy was to fund the City/County Planning Board.

3. The taxing jurisdiction for this levy included the city limits and the 4.5 mile planning jurisdiction but excluded the area outside the jurisdiction.

4. The number of mills assessed were determined by the annual budget submitted by the City/County Planning Board to the Custer County Commission.

5. The revenue generated by the levy typically ranged between $19K and $23K, or about $2/capita.

6. Any subdivision review or planning activities in Custer County beyond the 4.5 mile planning jurisdiction were billed to Custer County at $48/hr. by the City/County Planner.

Contrary to montanaman's assertion, while the current Custer County Commission did assess the levy within the taxing jurisdiction during the last fiscal year and raised a little over $23K, it has not yet transferred that revenue to the City/County Planning Board to fund last year's operations, despite assurances by Commission Chairman Matthews that it would.

Rather, the Commission attempted to divert revenues raised expressly for the City/County Planning Board (and represented as such to taxpayers) to fund the newly-created County Planning Board and floodplain administration activities beyond the jurisdictional area.

Further, in constructing the county budget for this fiscal year, the Commission unilaterally decided for the first time since the planning board was established not to raise funds for City/County Planning Board operations.

This is how things currently stand. Questions?
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9227) 11 years ago
$2/capita

Give me 1/2 a pack of cigarettes, or give me death

But I am rather shocked that the tea party types on this thread seem to be fully supportive of what appears to be (although, IANAL) the county's rather lawless behavior. Shocked.

[This message has been edited by Bridgier (11/1/2010)]
supporter
That's about a third of a pack.

Dirt farmers.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5096) 11 years ago
But I am rather shocked that the tea party types on this thread seem to be fully supportive of what appears to be (although, IANAL) the county's rather lawless behavior. Shocked.

I think the proper nomenclature is "tea baggers."
Posted by Judd (+54) 11 years ago
Hmmm seems to me there is alot of passing the buck here, especially when valid concerns are brought up. All the answers amount to that is not city/county board jurisdicition. Or We dont know what you are asking etc. I havent seen one logical answer from anyone yet. This leads me to believe this thread is useless in nature and Miles City officials have a big problem with accountability. Everything is someone elses problem. People in the county should pay city taxes but cannot have city services other than eductation. No water or sewer services. How about city police is it in there jursidiction in the 4.5 mile radius? Pardon my errors.

[This message has been edited by Judd (11/2/2010)]
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14997) 11 years ago
Repeatedly in this thread reference has been made to a 4.5 mile radius. What is the center of that radius? Is it the post office or the courthouse or Mac Frontierland?
supporter
Hmmm seems to me there is alot of passing the buck here

It's TWO bucks.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11823) 11 years ago
Actually, I did explain the 4.5 miles radius several postings back. It is based on the city limits so, just like the city limits, it is irregular. Drawing the line is darn tricky but with the modern technology available to us today, it can and has been done.

And Judd, I have answered every single intelligent question in regard to the City County Planning Board. It is an advisory board consisting of five members appointed by the county, five by the city and one by the water board. It is volunteer and has NO statutory authority. It recommends to the body that does have authority whether the plat for a new subdivision meets state code in regard to street width, effect on services, etc.

That's it. Nothing shady or scary or conspiracy-worthy. It is DULL DULL DULL and while I appreciate the efforts of some folks to tell lies and half truths trying to make it exciting, it isn't. We've been chugging along for 33 years without a care in the world because no one was making up weird rumors about us.

So, ask me your question and I will give you a straight, honest, accurate answer. Go ahead. What about advising governments on whether platted subdivisions meet legal standards do you have problems with?
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9227) 11 years ago
What "buck" is being passed here? Amoretti and Joe have written long and detailed posts outlining the exact nature of the City/County Planning Boards purposes and responsibilities. What, specifically, are the questions you want answered? I'll bet if you, (and this is the key) ask those questions upon this board (assuming that they haven't already been asked and answered) you'll get answers to them.
supporter
If I remember correctly the Macs Froniterland is pretty close to the city limit. If the 4.5 mile buffer is from the city limit that would put Muggli Lane at the edge of the city buffer. That seems kind of a stretch.
founder
supporter
The 4.5 miles limit was chosen by the STATE legislature in 1977. How they came up with that distance, I do not know. I was a freshman in college in 1977 and had better things to do then worry about 4.5 jurisdictional boundaries. And since Southgate is in the city limits, then the 4.5 sticks out from the bulge that is Southgate.

Our City Limits look as if they were drawn by a blind man. A drunk blind man.
supporter
Hmm... Well that means that the old Kirtcher Creek coal mine is probably in your 4.5 mile planning buffer. Good to know.
Posted by Judd (+54) 11 years ago
[This message has been edited by Judd (11/3/2010)]
Posted by Cactus Plains (+98) 11 years ago
Hey! What the heck is going on??? I put a very informative post on this line of bs yesterday morning and 5 minutes ... maybe less and it disappeared ... kind of like magic?

Today I noticed the other post was gone, also???? hmmmmmmmm!

When someone covers up the truth with darkness, they expose or shine the light on more darkness, which then appears as truth! In other much more was exposed when that information was stolen??? as it was public information, was it not, you should probably put that post back on. The little red devil in the rain might be in the brain, when you lower your vibrational frequencies with evil the little red devil goes to work??? Maybe, maybe not?

Cactus Plains when it rains in Spain
founder
supporter
And the insanity begins. . .

No, it continues. . .

And it still has NOTHING to do with the City/County Planning Board.
supporter
User error.
founder
supporter
Vicki Hamilton wants to dissolve the City/County Planning Board. Keith Holmland is fine with it. I wonder if we will be having any more meetings?
Excellent!!! Mrs Hamilton. Webmaster please put the post you took off by Cactus Plains back on ... pretty please ... or tell me what I did wrong.

Taking that post off was really enlightening as to what is ????

I was the first to raise the CHEMTRAIL ISSUE because it is killing the rangeland ecosystems. Without the rangeland ecosystems of the world we are DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The arsholes of the world are killing everything!!! That is why I am on here, I'm MADD as HELL!!!

Only problem is I have been Mad for 10 years because we have corrupted everything, starting with the LOCAL Poopoliticians, sheet for brains.

"The little Red Devil in the Rain", coined by Cactus Plains...

Gunnar how is it that you got to read the post that was immediately taken down???

I don't need to see your stupid remarks, they on shine the light on your stupidisitiosis mentality disease. It's not a medical term but it is caused by brucella germ...wow

Who bought Custer County and you? Was it SATAN God of Red Hot Deserts and WAR??? Maybe the Environmental Wackos with brains of "NOTHINGNESS".

Ranchers could kick ass (on the keyboard)on these wackos, but they seem to be hiding in the BUSHES??? You guys got the most to lose. huh! The little red devil is killing the rangeland plants and you don't care????????? It is in you also. The rangelands are ecologically near dead, because Fritzy and his kind are all frauds also, wackos frauds all the same unnatural DNA created in ancient Egypt???

Cactus Plains
founder
supporter
Man, the Cactus does the high octane stuff. I think it is time to shut this discussion down because it is OVER!
Posted by tjh (+142) 11 years ago
From deep deep deep I mean WAY out in left feild....Cactus plains!
supporter
The rangelands are ecologically near dead, because Fritzy and his kind are all frauds also, wackos frauds all the same unnatural DNA created in ancient Egypt???

Mr. Bloom: Now you have gotten personal. I don't appreciate personal attacks of this sort on my friends. The person you named here has forgotten more about livestock management and range resources than you will ever know. End of discussion.

You have a choice: It is time to put up or shut up. Produce the evidence that you keep referring to or quit posting blatant lies.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17503) 11 years ago
What has got Cactus Plains all ticked off at me? Earlier in the thread when I made a reference to "knuckle draggers", I certainly was NOT referring to a Man of Science such as Mr. Plains.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6167) 11 years ago
unnatural DNA created in ancient Egypt

Are we talking mummies here?
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1672) 11 years ago
For all of Amoretti's efforts, this deserves to reach 100.
supporter
I never thought a thread with the title "City County Planning Board" would merit 100 posts.
supporter
Well, if Cactus Plains produces the documents request of him, it could go to 200.
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1672) 11 years ago
I don't know that "merit" would be the right word.
supporter
What has got Cactus Plains all ticked off at me? Earlier in the thread when I made a reference to "knuckle draggers", I certainly was NOT referring to a Man of Science such as Mr. Plains.

Funny stuff. Good work, Mr. Emillson.
Big Cow Richard ... What documents requested??? Bugs bunny or Mickey mouse??? Does not the country look as if it has been sprayed with Roundup (organophosphate)??? Or do you have eyes that see but see not?
I know you can not comprehend as you are always out in left field???

I seriously doubt that anyone is as learned in range science as Cactus Plains, but the fact is it matters not. Neither you nor Fritzy Coversup seems to care that they have been spraying us with patented IRPA???

You have stupidisitiosis so bad maybe the flu shot would help, it could not get any worse. Tell us what is in the rain that is killing everything including ... do you even know why you don't get the flu shot? Tell us what is in the vaccines, I don't think you have a clue?

Amorette ... I write this insanity for you and Wendy, the next day I read your comments, and that gives me many laughs through the day, so thanks, tell us what causes skin cancer? you are keeping me healthy through killing times HA!

Gunnar lets me and you write and environmental assessment on the CHEMTRAILS OVER MILES CITY, I am mentally tuned into writing environmental assessments and maybe 2nd best in the World. You did not answer the question why??? Oh I already know don't I. Did you say the Madison was only 5000 ' at Miles City. I think it is much deep am I wrong?

Purpose and Need: ___________________ by the UN?

All in fun, we are living in a real life movie created by the ancient King Solomon, he was a pharaoh not unlike .... the CFR's President of the United States Corporation.

I hate 3 people, they all work for FWP or did, so I like you all, but Richard you gotta get your I Q out of Earl's Outhouse.

My post did not appear so I'm out of here!!!!!!!!

The little red devil in the rains is eating all the nutrient value out of the range plains. Look at Greasy Woods Flats at Ft Mad Cow, it has been visibly dying for 10 years, about gone now?

Cactus Plains
supporter
I am mentally tuned into writing environmental assessments and maybe 2nd best in the World

Procreateing hilarious.
Posted by Russell Bonine (+236) 11 years ago
they have been spraying us with patented IRPA???

Irrational Reason Prevents Articulation

I think this is self inflicted!
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3714) 11 years ago
Does not the country look as if it has been sprayed with Roundup (organophosphate)??? Or do you have eyes that see but see not?

I know it's pointless to argue with you and you should only be mocked, but it's just too darn easy.

No it doesn't look like it's been sprayed with Roundup. For example:

This picture was taken a week ago. That's right, late October in Eastern Montana and there is green grass all over the place. That is nearly unprecedented in my lifetime. If they are spraying Roundup Chemtrails on us it's not working very well at all.
Posted by poisonspaghetti (+282) 11 years ago
Second best in the world, cactus? Why so modest?
Posted by Mandyrosy (+191) 11 years ago
The deadline for public comment to the county commissioners on whether to dissolve or amend the board's jurisdiction is coming up. Write your letters, folks!
founder
supporter
And remember what the City /County Planning board actually DOES as opposed to the wild rumors and speculation that have been running amuck. We evaluate the plans of subdivisions to make sure they meet legal requirements. We have nothing to do with city ordinances, annexation, fences or any of a myriad of other issues that are unrelated to the actual function of the board.

Please, write a letter based on fact, not fiction, and based on real world issues, not made-up madness.
supporter
Levi:

Nice cap on the kid in the picture! That's a good look.
Posted by Lorin Dixson (+598) 11 years ago
Amorette, The ones that understand what you are saying probably won't write the letters. The ones with their fingers in their ears will write letters.
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10003) 11 years ago
I don't know why Cactus keeps saying his/her posts are disappearing. Just click the name "Cactus Plains" and it shows the last 20 made, with links to each.
founder
supporter
The Cactus does not live on the same plain as the rest of us. In his world, things happen or do not happen based on his hallucinations. It's an interesting world but I prefer this one.
supporter
Gee, haven't heard anything from him since the tractor hit a power line. Coincidence?
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17503) 11 years ago
I suspect Sagebrush is conducting some high altitude atmospheric sampling of the big California chemtrail.
Levi I said the country looks like it has been sprayed with Roundup? I did not say it had been sprayed with roundup. The western wheatgrass should be blue/green on most all range sites. Is it? The greasewood should be green, is it? Many other perennial plants should be green are they?

The country should be green, I got 22" plus, but the country looks like it is bleached out, kind of like rain on cut hay after a day or so. What bleaches the hay?

You are welcome to argue with me anytime.

Don't expect to win tho? If you are a rancher then you have the most to lose. Brucellosis is a hoax on the cattleman and I can prove it?
Stupidisitiosis is a weaponized german disease cause by brucella dna, fluoridated water and the media/education brainwashing.

I don't post about the range being turned to desert by patented desertification technology for the fun of it! Dynodrought.

Nothing could be worse than what they have already done.

The city slickers have nothing to lose if Custer County turns to desert. I actually believe Custer County or who ever owns Custer County has been selling the atmospheric water for over 20 years in Custer County. It is documented probably in Helena?

They don't have the brains to know that the more agricultural families the more money to be spent in Custer County.

You have to be stupid not to realise that the insurance companies are paying so as not to have hail storms in Miles City?

They control the weather of the world and your mind?

The diferrence between orgnophosphate and phosphodiesterase is the difference between what is in the rain and roundup?

jump buck n kick
Cactus Plains

In 1963 the King of Assyria killed the King of Israel?
Who were these Kings.

Amorette you intell is still below water level in Earl's Outhouse!
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3714) 11 years ago
Brucellosis is a hoax on the cattleman and I can prove it?

Why don't you go ahead and put your proof right here. Or was that a question?

The city slickers have nothing to lose if Custer County turns to desert. I actually believe Custer County or who ever owns Custer County has been selling the atmospheric water for over 20 years in Custer County. It is documented probably in Helena?

Pretty much every business in Miles City depends on agriculture. Why don't you go to Helena and get that documentation if it's probably there? Or were you asking about that too?
supporter
I think Cactus Plains is just a monkey randomly hitting keys on the keyboard.
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10003) 11 years ago
Wendy hit the nail on the head. In any case I'm done dealing with "Cactus Plains". Whoever it was won't be posting here anymore for their own good.
Posted by Mandyrosy (+191) 11 years ago
On Tuesdays' agenda

From the Custer County Clerk and Recorder's office
The Custer County Commissioners will meet during their regular hours on Tuesday and Thursday next week.
The commissioners' regular meetings take place in the commissioners' courthouse office from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Each session begins with administrative duties, which are the approval of minutes from previous meetings, monthly reports, board/committee reports and approval and signing of claims.
On Tuesday, from 9-9:30 a.m., the board plans to meet with Miles City Area Economic Development Council Director Mike Coryell to discuss a water line extension on Valley Drive East. From 10-11 a.m., they have their monthly meeting with Custer County Public Health/Family Planning Director Wendy Richards. At 11 a.m., the commissioners will participate in the federal election canvas.

At 12 a.m., the board's agenda advertises a resolution of intent to "dissolve the Miles City-Custer County Planning Board; establish the jurisdictional area of the Custer County Planning Board to include all of Custer County, excluding the incorporated limits of the city of Miles City and the town of Ismay; proceed to adopt a growth policy and subdivision regulations for all of Custer County, excluding the incorporated limits of the city of Miles City and the town of Ismay; recognize the existing zoning by Miles City for a two-mile jurisdictional area outside the city limits of Miles City until Custer County has adopted a growth policy and subdivision regulations for that jurisdictional area; appoint two members to the City Planning Board from the two-mile zoned area outside the incorporated limits of the city of Miles City; and increase the size of the County Planning Board to include member(s) from the 4.5-mile area outside of the incorporated limits of Miles City for the purpose of subdivision administration."

The commissioners will not hold regular hours on Wednesday, as Commissioner Gary Matthews has been excused and there will be no quorum.
On Thursday, the commissioners will recess their public hours from 9:30 to 11 a.m. in order to attend Leadership Miles City's Government Day at Miles Community College, room 106.
supporter
Cactus said:

The western wheatgrass should be blue/green on most all range sites.

On sites that have a Kishonia or Cambria soil series or soils of similar age, topographical position in the landscape, and texture, Pascopyrum smithii is almost always a blue-green. In other soils series that have a higher sand and/or silt content this species has great variation in color; generally a dark green. (I can give you the Munsell color number if you would like.)

There is a relationship between the rhizome-speading nature of this species and the color. Where PASM has spread mostly by rhizomes it tends to be more of a blue-green. When it exhibits more of a bunchgrass character, it tends to be a lighter green.

Grazing management (or lack thereof) has a lot to do with whether PASM spreads by rhizomes or not. So if you are overgrazing and it can't spread by rhizome, your PASM probably has changed color somewhat.

This species also readily hybridizes with other wheatgrass species so that the phenotypical expression (i.e. color) varies considerably. It has nothing to do with "patented decertification technology".

The only thing patented here is the absurdity of the claim.

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr (11/15/2010)]
supporter
I think Cactus Plains is just a monkey randomly hitting keys on the keyboard.

Actually, Cactus Plains a rancher who raises Gelbvieh livestock around Miles City. I suspect in the winter he is bored and drinks a little.

In any case I'm done dealing with "Cactus Plains". Whoever it was won't be posting here anymore for their own good.

Another educational opportunity down the drain.