miles city schools
Posted by joe ferris (+29) 9 years ago
i had an out dated parenting plan with my ex and on monday afternoon she shows up with the plan at the school and demands that they take my daughter out of class and then informs them that she will not be returning. after they let her take my daughter and head out of state they call me i did not even have time to intervine and stop the situation. so i want to know how safe are the kids at school if they will let anyone just come take them out with out informing the parents that have the child registered in school and are on the contact list know.
Posted by dudemeister (+91) 9 years ago
messed up. what school?
supporter
Posted by cubby (+2528) 9 years ago
Sorry to hear that Joe hope everything works out.
Posted by mule train (+1049) 9 years ago
Was the mother listed as the guardian? You? Or both?
Posted by joe ferris (+29) 9 years ago
both where listed but it was an out of date plan we had a out of court agreement that was signed and noterized and she broke the deal
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8302) 9 years ago
Did the school know about the new plan?
Posted by mule train (+1049) 9 years ago
Bridger called it...if the school isn't notified, then the contact list can't be updated. If there was a deal, the school doesn't get notified until the parents tell them and bring in court documents.

Sorry to hear about all your trouble, hopefully it works out.
Posted by Kacey (+3153) 9 years ago
Most importantly did you notify the court? If she wasn't allowed to take your daughter without your permission she has committed a crime.
Posted by Ryan (+483) 9 years ago
It sounds like you need to call Corbin. If you two had an agreement and had it notarized it might not hold up in court. You need to go by what the court has ordered. If police are called they go by what has the judges signture on it. I am going by experience but it is a good idea to call and speak to an attorney.
I think it would of been better to have the school contact you so you both are together while they figure out who has the legal right.
Good luck.