Best Line of the Week...
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1665) 11 years ago
At this point, people might want to start putting out press releases when President Barack Obama isn't going to be on their show.

Now, I love Jon Stewart as much (or probably more) than the next person, but what is the President's obsession with the media, and more specifically talk shows? This is getting a little absurd. Although, I have to say, you can only go uphill from appearing on The View. What advisor agreed to a sitting U.S. President chewing the fat with the ladies of daytime television? Very strange times in which we live.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15082) 11 years ago
The average reporter has the observational skills of a yam.
supporter
Posted by Bill Freese (+474) 11 years ago
Under the new system, the reporter asks a question, the candidate makes a statement unrelated to the question, the reporter demands an answer to the question, and the candidate's security people slap the handcuffs on the reporter. So, what difference does it make if the reporter is a yam or not?
Posted by Tracy Walters (+297) 11 years ago
What advisor agreed to a sitting U.S. President chewing the fat with the ladies of daytime television?

Well ... there are a LOT of voters that watch that stuff. An appearance on OPRAH for instance reaches a lot of people. I have suspected since the day Oprah announced she was leaving her show that she will be running for office at some point. She has built a vast constituency and I suspect any politician, including the President would love to tap into that resource.
Posted by Steve Allison (+976) 11 years ago
Politicians from every party love this kind of coverage for two reasons, bigger audiences and softer questions. They get to repeat their message without being questioned about reasons, opposing views or negative consequences. Remember politicians are in the business of getting people to hear only their opinion and believe their opinion long enough to vote for them, not on having people hear the truth or voting responsibly. As far as the talk shows goes, having politicians on gives them an air of respectability and prestige.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4455) 11 years ago
That's not the best line of the week. Not even close.

If you want to marry a shoe, I'll marry you.

That's more like it.
Posted by Maryann McDaniel (+256) 11 years ago
Hmmm...Oprah as a politician. Surprised she is not running for mayor!
supporter
Posted by Bill Freese (+474) 11 years ago
Might tarnish her image to step down to such a lowly office.