1991 Jay Dyba or Ivan Ramos
Posted by Matt Mead (+19) 16 years ago
Does anyone have contact info for eiter Jay Dyba or Ivan Ramos?? I lost track of them in San Diego a couple of years ago when I moved to New Orleans. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4462) 16 years ago
Only of Jay Dyba is J. Dyba, because J. Dyba is on here all the time.
Posted by Sara (pelletier) Kellum (+63) 16 years ago
i don't think that is the same Jay Dyba.
Posted by Jeremy Orthman (+436) 16 years ago
Buck,

The JDyba on here is Josh and I think Jay Dyba is his cousin.
Not the same Jay Dyba as the one on here, he claims no relation. The Jay Dyba I'm talking about used to run around with Dennis Diggins and Ivan Ramos.

In 1996 I came accross these guys in San Diego at the beach. I had joined the Marine Corps and the last people I expected to see were guys I went to High School with. Once again the small world theory was proven.

Jay's parents used to work at Pine Hills. He had a little brother, can't remember his name.
Posted by Jeremy Orthman (+436) 16 years ago
Matt,

Want to talk about small world. I ended up being attached to a squad in Bosnia in 1996. Within that same squad was a guy who played on Whitefish's 1994 football team. The same team we beat in MT overtime after a great comeback. I used to mess with him all the time.
Posted by J. Dyba (+1339) 16 years ago
Heh, I didn't claim no relation, I just stated I had no clue how to contact them. Jay manages a security company in San Diego now and his little brother's name is Todd. I forwarded your request to my parents but I think they have been rather busy with other things right now. I'll send her another note to see if she'll get back to you. I know Dad at least has Jay's number because he's always trying to give it to me when he knows I'll be in San Diego for business.
Jeremy,
Very odd the people you run into, it's ALWAYS fun to meet someone who knows what you know(especially in the fog of war). You wanna hear something crazy?? Did you ever know Mrs. Jackman?? She was a special ed aid at the high school. Anyway, I was flying along in the back of my bird(I was a UH-1N Crew Chief/Gunner) and one of my pilots asked me where I was from. I told him the scoop and it turns out he was from Miles too. LtCol Jackman. Talk about a odd silence. We had many good coversations about old Miles Town in the time after.

J D,
Yup, Jay was managing a security company last I saw him as well. I looked it up on the net and it seems that the one I can remember went out of biz or moved. If you could, call you pops and get it? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
Posted by Shannon Lamon (+29) 16 years ago
Hello Matt! What a suprise!! I can't tell you how many times I have thought about you over the years and wondered how you were! Hope all is well in your life and would love to hear what you have been doing for the last 15 years! I know my mom and dad would want me to tell you hello. They have often wondered how you might be doing also.
Posted by Cinda C (+87) 16 years ago
Greetings Matt and Shannon!
Matt, if you go to WhitePages.com, under People Search and enter Ivan Ramos there are 3 listed in CA. Jay's name does not come up. Maybe worth a try!
Take Care!
Cinda
Posted by Shannon Lamon (+29) 16 years ago
Cinda, how are you my friend? I will be coming home to Miles City March 8-16 for a nice visit. Marc and the boys will be coming with. Would be nice to do lunch together or something! Hope you are doing well!!
Posted by JJC (+79) 16 years ago
Matt,I know that Jay's brother, Todd, is in Butte.
Hmmm...still looking, thanks for the info. 8)
Posted by mom (+73) 16 years ago
Two things:
1. Steve, their father, does not know where either Jay or Todd are. Jay has apparently disappeared. He THINKS Todd is back in Malta. Try contacting Jeff Douhty (sp), their birth-father. He was a cop in Laurel last time I heard.
2. Josh, YOu post here more often than you write home. For shame!! Love ya anyway!
Damned......Thanks for the info.
Posted by grace t (+40) 16 years ago
hey matt, i knew mrs. jackman... what ever happened to her?
Posted by Bryce Jackman (+11) 16 years ago
Mrs. Jackman retired from teaching and moved to Billings in 1995, and then on to Houston TX to live close to my older brother Lt. Col. Brett Jackman. She is in good health and enjoying retirement and her grand children.

Incidentally she is moving to Oahu to live with my brother Brett and his family as they are getting transferred there later this year.

I read the thread above at the urging of Jody who looked me up and was my neighbor from across the street in Miles City. It is wonderful that the world is so much smaller now with our internet connectivity. I hope this information helps.

Bryce Jackman

For a total update I am a pharmacist and live with my wife on a farm by Iowa City Iowa. My other Brother Brian Jackman lives with his wife and three children just outside of Tracy CA.

Thanks for asking about mom.
Posted by grace t (+40) 16 years ago
bryce,

Thank you for the info of your mom, WHAT A WONDERFUL WOMAN SHE IS, my friends & i were just talkin bout her when i was lin miles city last, and just wondering how she was, she was such a great teacher, and a wonderful friend to all of her students, we all loved her, im so very glad that shes doin well, will she ever be in miles city for a visit again???

penny fabert
Bryce,
Tell Brett hi for me, I used to work with him A LOT in New Orleans. We flew MANY training missions. He's a good guy. My email addy is [email protected] if you would pass it on to him please.

MM
Posted by Bryce Jackman (+11) 16 years ago
Matt
I will pass your email on to Brett, we talk often good to hear you had fun flying with him in New Orleans.

Bryce
Posted by Matt Mead (+19) 15 years ago
Just an update. I found both Jay and Ivan. Anyone know where Todd is? Jay hasn't talked to him in awhile either.

MM
Posted by Wade Miller (+36) 15 years ago
Hi Matt
It's been a while. The last time I seen you was in Ennis, fun night. It's good to see you are fine and doing well. Talk to you later. Wade
Posted by Matt Mead (+19) 15 years ago
Wade!! What's up man? How the heck are you doing? Still in Miles?
Posted by Wade Miller (+36) 15 years ago
Yes. I work for for the Highway Department. How are you. Do you ever get back to Miles City