Movies Playing Now in Miles City
Posted by kodi (+30) 11 years ago
Is there anywhere online I can find what movies are currently playing at the theatre here in town?
Posted by TK (+1622) 11 years ago
No-you have to call the movie theatre and listen to the recording.

232-2957
Posted by Josh Rath (+2305) 11 years ago
http://www.flixster.com/s...na-theatre

I used this on my phone for the past year, and occasionally they forget to update it.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 11 years ago
Or buy the paper. Or drive past the theater. It's Easy A, by the way, starting tonight.
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3712) 11 years ago
That last line would have been so much better if you had said "starting today".
Posted by kodi (+30) 11 years ago
Thank you guys!
Posted by MollieP (+136) 11 years ago
Amorette...that all works unless you live far from town, and only get mail 3 days a week :-)

glad to know there is anothe way other than the dial a movie
Posted by Steve Allison (+981) 11 years ago
Thursday's film festival show is "The Kids are Alright" at 7: PM.
Posted by poisonspaghetti (+280) 11 years ago
[This message has been edited by poisonspaghetti (10/11/2010)]
founder
supporter
Since my office is next door to the Montana and I work there selling popcorn Saturday nights, I could probably just post here as soon as I find out. We don't know more than a couple of days in advance if we are getting something but as soon as I know, I'll try to let you know.
supporter
Posted by worldmom (+422) 11 years ago
I would build them a website and update it weekly for free tickets once in a while.
Even the Forsyth theater has a nice website.
founder
supporter
What a lot of folks don't realize is the Montana belongs to owners in Wyoming. They are the ones in charge of booking, advertising, updating, etc. So it isn't up to us what gets done. It's up to them. Like the Star, they are just one among many, even if they are the only one here.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17317) 11 years ago
Thursday's film festival show is "The Kids are Alright" at 7: PM.

I don't mind
Other guys dancing with my girl....
Hopefully, Steve is correct, and this is not the 2010 film "The Kids are All Right", or else there will be some angry Who fans in the audience.......
supporter
Posted by spacekace (+895) 11 years ago
Maybe the owners in Wyoming could improve on the theatre... Everytime I go, I am reminded why it was so long the last time I went...my feet and bum fall asleep from the ever soooo comfy chairs...that have been there eons. They were that uncomfortable 10 years ago! I would much rather wait for the film to come out for rent, and let me watch it on the comfort of my own couch...than spend the money to be in pain, even if it's a film I have to see, the pain out weighs the need to see the movie sooner...
founder
supporter
They keep discussing major renovations but the money is an issue, especially with the current economy. They recently replaced the boilers, at considerable cost, which was an improvement you can't see but trust me, no heat in there is not pleasant. They are mumbling about multiplex and an almost complete gut job but $$$$$.
Posted by DStone (+140) 11 years ago
Gunnar- Its the 2010 movie... sorry to burst your bubble...

As far as how uncomfortable the seats are- it's true but atleast we have SOMETHING. Imagine if we didn't have anything... I love the Red Box but half the time they don't have the movies I want. And its nice to get out of the house now and then, even if it is just to see a movie in uncomfy seats... I really wouldn't mind them adding a small increase to the ticket price if I knew it was all going to a renovation fund. I don't mean anything ridiculous though.
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3712) 11 years ago
The seats really are horrible. I have been told by multiple people that they would go to more movies at the Montana if the seats were not so uncomfortable.
Posted by Forsyth Mike (+474) 11 years ago
Amorette: A website does cost money and is a chore to keep updated, but the theater could have a Facebook page for free and with almost no work involved. Just get one of the employees to do it and put "Update the Facebook" on their things-to-do list. If you assign it to an employee with lots of FB "friends," that person could recommend the page to their friends and you'd have hundreds of fans overnight.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17044) 11 years ago
I see the Montana Theater showtimes are now listed on http://www.movies.msn.com... they weren't the last time I checked.

Makes me wonder, how does a theater get its showtimes listed on such websites? Do they have to pay a fee?
Posted by Kacey (+3159) 11 years ago
Take a pillow for your "bums" if you can't handle the seats.

[This message has been edited by Kacey (10/20/2010)]
Posted by Tracy P. (+97) 11 years ago
I like going out to the movie, it get's me out of the house. Plus, I must have my theater popcorn with a medium pepsi... mmmmm. So my seat hurts after but if it's a movie worth seeing I don't even notice.
Posted by Forsyth Mike (+474) 11 years ago
Makes me wonder, how does a theater get its showtimes listed on such websites? Do they have to pay a fee?

David - there are these "bots" that go around looking for showtimes. Also there are companies that actually call theatres which don't have websites and get showtimes from their phone lines. I suspect that's what's happening since the Montana isn't on the web.

There are sites that charge a fee to be listed but there are so many free ones, it's probably not smart for anybody outside of a big city to pay.

[This message has been edited by Forsyth Mike (10/20/2010)]
supporter
Posted by Randy Schwartz (+108) 10 years ago
As of 29 July movies for the Miles City / Montana Theatre will be listed on: http://www.surfmilescity.com
Posted by Josh Rath (+2305) 10 years ago
Or, You can visit the official website. http://milescitymovies.com

One bad thing about your website Randy. It doesn't work on MOST mobile phones and devices, due to you relying on Adobe FLASH for your whole website.

supporter
Posted by Randy Schwartz (+108) 10 years ago
Futurity is a wonderful thing, it will very soon. Thanks for pointing that out though.

Not everyone depends solely on their mobile phones; I am just providing another source for the community to find info on the movies, that's it.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 10 years ago
Anyone know what will be playing the first week of July? Amorette?
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 10 years ago
I was doing the Ghost Tour this Saturday and wasn't at the theatre. Not only did we miss our weekly popcorn fix, I don't know what is coming up.
Posted by Josh Rath (+2305) 10 years ago
Not to mention Flash is an extremely processor intensive thing. On most older computers, it will run the CPU usage up to 100% easily. And Randy, if you are as handy with computers as you claim you are, I'm sure it'd be no problem for you to create a mobile version of your website(s).
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 10 years ago
Posted by Cynthia A. (+196) 10 years ago
its posted on the link on this site ~
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9191) 10 years ago
I didn't realize that there could only be one web developer in Miles City. I suppose the only way this can be resolved is text editors at dawn.
Posted by matt oyen (+483) 10 years ago
www.milescitymovies.com
Posted by bc8907 (+68) 10 years ago
I sure hope not Bridgier, because that would be a damn shame for Miles City...