Posted by Kacey (+3161) 11 years ago
good post Richard.
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9958) 11 years ago
good one Richard.
Posted by luvlife (+287) 11 years ago
Wow, what a powerful message along with that picture...they all looked the same to me....wish everyone felt that way!!!!
supporter
Posted by C.Kee (+378) 11 years ago
I agree Cubby and Luvlife.

[This message has been edited by C.Kee (9/22/2010)]
Posted by Meri (+129) 11 years ago
No you can't!I agree, They all died for the same reason! FREEDOM!
supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1274) 11 years ago
Richard, very nice. Effective way to make a point. I am going to copy this.....
Posted by chanberry (+144) 11 years ago
ok so I get the point being made that they all are great and it "shouldnt matter if they are swinging for the other team but think about it would you like to be showering in open stalls with someone that is homosexual i mean really. Speaking from exmilitary stand pointt I had enough of a hard time with guys always trying to play grab ass letalone when some of the women did it. Its nerve racking when your trying to pay attention in your fox hole and trying to foucuse keeping guard its hard when your "battle Buddy" may be trying to come on to you. ughh any way its not like they arn't already in the military and even if everybody knows if there arnet pics of an elusive act how can they get kicked out. Its just if they come out so to speak how are they going to be seperated. and by that I mean like in boot camp where they split the males and femals so there is no sex going on?
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4462) 11 years ago
AAAAHAHAHAHAHA - what a d-bag. You sure think highly of yourself, must be pretty hot sh*t if someone can focus on you during a f*cking shootout. AAAAAHAHAHAHA - procreating avocado.
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1672) 11 years ago
any way its not like they arn't already in the military

Exactly. And if they are already capable of "not coming on to you" when they are forced to be in the closet, what makes you think they would not be capable of controlling themselves if DADT was repealed?

Anyway, I always get a kick out of this argument. It almost always comes from men, and usually from men who are not exactly George Clooney. What makes men think that they are so irresistible that fellow soldiers would sacrifice their dignity and their career to attack them in the showers or in the "fox hole"? It is laughable. Can you not resist attacking women, just because you are a heterosexual man?

[This message has been edited by Denise Selk (9/22/2010)]
supporter
By the way, how is it that you think the United Kingdom, France, Russia, Canada, Germany, Norway, Spain, Sweden, and dozens of other countries cope with allowing gays and lesbians to serve in their militaries? Are you saying it's too tricky for Americans to figure out how to allow dedicated men and women to serve their country, regardless of their sexual orientation, despite the fact that the majority of the rest of the world seems to manage? If that's the case, maybe we aren't as smart as we think we are.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11786) 11 years ago
I know at one point a woman serving in the military was more likely to be raped than a civilian woman in Chicago. And reporting the rape usually meant punishment for the woman. Therefore, men should not be allowed to serve in the military.

Really. How stunningly HOT are you that every gay man immediately must force himself on you? Or had it occurred to you that gay men aren't rapists.

Anyone who is capable of serving should be allowed to serve. And Obama should write an executive order just the way Truman did to integrate the Armed Services but he won't because he is afraid of the Far Right Wingnuts.
supporter
I agree Amorette. I am deeply disappointed in President Obama. Grow a backbone!
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6166) 11 years ago
Its nerve racking when your trying to pay attention in your fox hole and trying to foucuse keeping guard its hard when your "battle Buddy" may be trying to come on to you.

Please post a photo of yourself, chanberry. I can't wait to see what would turn a fellow's head during a gunfight.
supporter
FYI, Chanberry is a woman.

http://milescity.com/foru...933#159515
supporter
So she has nothing to worry about?

Sounds like a catch, though.
supporter
She's worried about the lesbians apparently.

I had enough of a hard time with guys always trying to play grab ass letalone when some of the women did it.

Sounds to me like straight men are the problem.
supporter
I couldn't tell if that meant she was a man or woman. Straight dudes, in an attempt to make clear how not gay they are, frequently engage in aggressive sessions of grab ass/drunken mixed martial arts.
supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1274) 11 years ago
and pillow fights...... naked.
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9958) 11 years ago
it's still a good post Richard.
supporter
You must have been in a frat.

And it is a good post.

[This message has been edited by Buck Showalter (9/22/2010)]
supporter
Sorry I didn't mention it before. It is an excellent post Richard. It triggers a very visceral reaction. Thank you.
supporter
Best post you've ever made, Richard.
Posted by Smiley (+849) 11 years ago
Omg. I didn't even see that they were caskets 8O I thought it was a cruel and nasty joke about the soldier who is fixing the flag.... over my head.
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1906) 11 years ago
Richard
Hey Dingleberry...oh, i am so sorry, i see its Chanberry...its people like you........

Never mind....not worth lowering myself to your level!!!!!!!!!
[deleted - duplicate]
ok i know its gonna be almost imposible to redeam myself but im gonna give it a try...
Some of the soldiers I served with were gay/lezies and were kicked out for it they were great guys and gals and was sad to see them go because they are people to and they loved thier country.

the comment about "being in a foxhole" I got that from my drill sargent in BCT.

An for the record im a chick thank you.
No I aint that cute but if your stuck in a desolet place like Afganistan even people that would rate as a 3 or 4 may seem to be a 8

If you truly dont think sexual assalut or attempts happen in the military,especialy in a war zone, even to men then you need to do a little more reading.

I dont think I was understood I dont have a problem with serving with homosexuals I just want to know how they will be seperated because as wrong as that sounds how is that diffrent than seperating males from females some one tell me please. cuz to me it isnt any different or should we all be allowed to house together in the same tent please dont discriminate... but before you jump to critisise that which i have just said think how would you feel if your partner, husband, or wife was sleeping on a cot "if there lucky enough to have one" next to someone else that is of the opposit gender or persuasion. Because it happens all the time like it or not it does. So now tell me should there be seperation from the male,female, homosexual or heterosexual soldiers? Because to me its all the same.

If the law gets passed and Im sure it will shouldn't the walls seperating male and female soldiers be torn down as well?

Im sorry if what i have said may have offended you in any way I just feel unles you have served or are serving in the millitary than you really dont get it or the life style no matter how you try you just wont.
PS this is a really good post richard sorry to have been playing devils advocit
Ok after rereading the comments I have to say the whole fox hole thing it did happen I was teriffied and not of the bullets but the sgt that tryed to take advantage of the confusion. Im no head turner especialy with my BCGs but just a female soldier who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
On the flip side my best friend in the military was a more feminin male who was tourmented and ridiculed by not only fellow soldiers but by our leadership, i suppose to push i him to "come out of the closet" so to speak. It was wrong of them and I felt for him and his fear every night all he wanted to do was serve his country and send money home for his pops in the hospital is that so wrong?
Agian im not agenst the law being changed cuz they allready are in the military I just want to know how they will be protected from those who disagree and are homophobic.
supporter
It's the homophobe in the military who needs to be dealt with, not the soldier doing his best to serve his country. It's the jerk in the foxhole who needs to be dealt with. Leadership needs to send a strong message to the troops on the ground to grow up and keep their heads in the game.