supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hannah Nash (+2501) 10 years ago
Open auditions are being held for the Barn Players, Inc. fall production of:

Arsenic & Old Lace
Monday September 20th and Tuesday September 21st
7:00-8:30pm both evenings
MCC Auditorium room 317

Arsenic, written by Joseph Kesselring, and Directed by Bert Pezzarossi, offers 11 roles for men and 3 for women; many roles are small, offering an easy opportunity for individuals interested in live theater to test out a "bit part". Show dates for Arsenic are November 19th and 20th, with a tentative travel show to the Yucca Theatre in Hysham, MT.

A farcical black comedy set in the 1930's, Arsenic revolves around Mortimer Brewster, a drama critic who must deal with his crazy, homicidal family and local police in Brooklyn, NY. His family includes two spinster aunts who have taken to murdering lonely old men by poisoning them with a glass of home-made elderberry wine laced with arsenic, strychnine, and "just a pinch" of cyanide; a brother who believes he is Teddy Roosevelt and digs locks for the Panama Canal in the cellar of the Brewster home (which then serve as graves for the aunts' victims); and a murderous brother who has received plastic surgery (he now looks like horror-film actor Boris Karloff) performed by an alcoholic accomplice to conceal his identity. In dealing with all of the above, Mortimer must also debate whether to go through with his recent promise to marry the woman he loves.

The Barn Players are Montana's oldest amateur acting troupe. Arsenic wraps up their highly successful 2010 Season, the groups 60th Anniversary of entertaining Miles City and Eastern Montana with live theatre!

For more information on Arsenic auditions, or the production, please contact the Director, Bert Pezzarossi, at 951-0447.
Posted by Chuck Schott (+1291) 10 years ago
With out a doubt one of my favorite plays and the movie version was outstanding, too funny. I think it may have been a Frank Capra(Wonderful Life) directed movie with no end to the talent involved.

I have to think it would be great fun to get involved with this production and a great time for the audience. When will it run?

I'd make a good Teddy..............CHARGE!!!!
supporter
Posted by Tim Miles (+471) 10 years ago
Show dates are set for 19 and 20 November, ticket sales will be announced when they are available. C'mon up for a pre-Thanksgiving laugh or two. (or three, or four....)

Great chance for people that are interested in theatre, but do not want to be a major character.

I'll see some of you tonight!

[This message has been edited by Tim Miles (9/20/2010)]