Public Safety Committee Meeting
Posted by Eric Brandt (+846) 17 years ago
Mid Rivers will be broadcasting last night's Public Safety Meeting at 19:00 (7:00 pm for you die hard Americans)

This meeting will again be broadcast at 19:00 Thursday evening as well.

The community access channel is either Channel 2 or Channel 98 - depending on which branch of the Mid Rivers network you are attached.
founder
Posted by Pete Petro (+283) 17 years ago
Hey Dimbulb,
What in hell is wrong with being a diehard American? Only you would know,right?
supporter
Posted by Dona Stebbins (+821) 17 years ago
Hey, Pete,
Lighten up! Name calling isn't necessary, you fusty antiquarian
Posted by Eric Brandt (+846) 17 years ago
Pete,
I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. I was just celebrating diversity by providing a bilingual translation - if you will
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5096) 17 years ago
Why can't we all just get along?
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+18269) 17 years ago
It ain't worth it...reasoning with Pete makes about as much sense as reasoning with Granny Clampett...
founder
Nobody has answered my question yet. What is wrong with being a diehard American?

Dona
Thanks for your expertise.

Gunnar,
Why don't you entertain us with more of your stories about your bowel movements? That seems to be what you're best at. I'm sure sorry that I have an opinion that you don't agree with. Tough Sh77,HUH?
Posted by Marcus (+28) 17 years ago
Profanity is wrong, speaking out against our elected officials is wrong. Abortion and smoking are wrong.

[This message has been edited by Marcus (edited 1/31/2006).]
s.h.i.t., there ya go Pete, say what ya mean if we are allowed.

[This message has been edited by Marcus (edited 1/31/2006).]
s.h.i.t.

s.h.i.t.

s.h.i.t.

s.h.i.t.

s.h.i.t.

s.h.i.t.

Is the F-word allowed??
founder
My My My Marcus,
I can't believe it took you three posts to say all that.
Yeah, I know. Sometimes I even amaze myself.
Posted by Sod Buster (+97) 17 years ago
Pete...

if you are such a diehard american...why are you over in Irag defending our democracy? And don't give us any excuse like you are too old. You can still drive a truck for an oil company.
founder
Sodbuster,
I have no idea who you are talking about. I don't drive a truck for an oil co. And I might be a little too old. I was 4F'D about the time Uncle was going to send me on a nice vacation in Korea. Is that old enough for you? For that matter, why aren't you over there instead of hiding behind a phony e mail address and making smart ass comments? And yes, I'm proud to be an American.
I can take all the insults you can put out, just be sure you know who you're talking to next time.
Posted by Jared Bankey (+62) 17 years ago
I must of not have been watching the same Public Safety Meeting last night. I did not know the sewer department was being talked about at the meeting.

What I got out of the meeting was the fact that the community showed up and voiced their opinion. I also realize that some were their just to watch and see if anything good happens. What I saw of the meeting is, that many citizens voiced their opinions of what needs to be done.

The main comments centered around the police force needing to have the full 17 member staff for the publics safety. Their seemed to be the point that it is not sage working conditions for the present force when their is only one officer on shift.

The other main concern had to deal with the fact that some of the citizens are not feeling protected. This came about do to the fact that people are actually locking their doors for the first time. Some people feel that many calls are not being answered because of the lack of people on staff.

It seemed to me that the citizens just don't feel safe at this time with the present police force man power. There afraid to have their kids go to the park and feel paranoid about strangers in their neighborhood. They seem to question things more because of the lack of security from the diminished work force.
Posted by Sod Buster (+97) 17 years ago
FYI

their...the possessive form of the pronoun "they", used attributively: "their books"

there...1. At or in that place. 2. To, into, or toward that place 3. At a point of action or time: "It happened over there."

they're...contraction of "they are"
I do not think cutting into the smallest department in MC will solve anything, but making more of a problem. I'm talking about the Parks Department with a depleted department of three individuals. These guys are spread to the point of nothing at this time.

They are responsible for taking care of all the parks and fields around this town. I think they do a great service to this community and do a fine job. You talk about visitors thinking MC is a nice town and the fine job of up keep. Those visitors are usually talking about the how well the parks are kept looking nice.

Their is alot more that goes into the work on the parks then most will admit. So, do you think that having 25 people mowing the parks is the answer. I'm talking about the good people that would voluntering their time. How long do think that would last? Are they going to do this after they get off work?

The other comment that bothered me was about the new vehicles that the City Department has gotten in the past. You need to do a little more research into how old the vehicles were that got replaced. I think that most of the vehicles were replaced around the time that other departments recieved new vehicles. The vehicles that were replaced for the City Department had to be close to twenty years old.
The other reason for replacement was the condition and safety of those vehicles for the workers.

I agree that the police department needs to be brought up to the 17 positions, but not at the expense of the workers of another depatment. I heard the comment of the reserve always having extra revenue at the end of the fiscal year. Don't use a lawnmower that the Parks Department purchased for 40,000 as your reasoning.

The way that I understood the money situation is that it is broken down into 10,000 over a four year period. My point being I don't know many officers that would want to make that wage or willing. I'm also sure that their is some expenditures that the Police Department or Fire Departmnet has in their respective departmnets.

I believe that all departments need to stand on an unified front and not start the negative talk amongst departments. How much in wages go to the different heads of departments in the city? Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we have the water departments split into two with two different people in charge? The Public Utilites Department and the Water Plant/Waste Plant?

I think that the city has down away with head of the Parks Department and Street Department, where they have combined the two under a foreman head. Then they having someone overlooking the operation of both and dealing with the foreman. This is not fact and should be checked into before quoting.

It comes down to plenty of chiefs in the City making a good wage, but not enough workers. Their are some hard decisions to be made and different paths to look at. I personally don't want anyone to loose their job to find the answer, but maybe some refiguration at the high end. I also know that's where the power seems to be and good friends of the hierarchy of this town.

I'm sure that as good citizens that they would be open to discussion on the matter. I guess they should not be opposed to working regular shifts with the regular work force. Just my opinion.... SORRY CORY for the long writing.
I guess you should of continued your teaching practices young Emilson.

I have a problem using the correct term and apologize for the mistakes. Maybe with your corrective tutoring on the proper english grammar and usage, I can be to your level.

Please, excuse the sarcasim and poor grammar when dealing with the LOCAL COMMUNITY. I know that you are in a better place in the Rocky Mountains and enjoy putting people down for their flaws. Was that the right useage of the word?

Thank you for your lesson and it will go along way in the betterment in my life. Also that it gave you some pleasure to point out other peoples flaws and it just fits the profile.

Complain....Complain....I feel so much better....

So, know opinion on my points, just on the writing....HUH...I hope that you feel better or wise one in the Rocky's!!! I hope you have some wise opinion on how to fix the problems at hand or just passing your attacks on other people.

Big Bad John...........

[This message has been edited by Jared Bankey (edited 2/1/2006).]
Posted by BigDryBug (+54) 17 years ago
Wow,

Nice tirade Mr. Bankey. Do you feel better now? The run-on sentences connected together with 7th-grade level vocabulary makes for a nice tizzy-fit.
This first lesson in civilized discussion is to be able to effectively communicate your ideas.
WHat the H*** are you trying to say again?????
Posted by Danny T (+54) 17 years ago
Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be
in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos
not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Amzanig huh? Yaeh, and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
Bug Boy, why is it that you don't use your real name?

Scared of showing your face to the insult? Or the fact that your such a special person, that you have to hide your idenity. I'm glad that you finished the 7th grade though, I'm sure that you are putting your perfection to good use.

Everyone that knows you must be blessed by your high intelligence. I bet you think you know everything and have all the facts. I guess the amazing thing is, that people on this site are such experts on other peoples opinions.

Complain......Read.....Dumb son of [email protected]^.....I hate that guy...Doesn't know anything....What the heck is he writing about........Why do I read these messages......It just gives me something to complain about.......

Have you not gotten the point yet......
Posted by Sam (+67) 17 years ago
After reading all these posts by Bankey, one of the things that came to mind was....do you realize he has something to do with teaching and coaching kids at the high school level? Good thing he deals in mostly X's and O's!!
Yeah, I usually write plenty of rough drafts and run spell checks before presenting anything.

I usually try to write things fast and don't worry about the rest.

Sam who are you? Just wondering, since you know so much about me.

I'm not afraid of hiding my idenity.

Yes, I enjoy my job and am glad that I don't work with grammar. Numbers are very good and better for my lack of grammar.

So, Sam thanks for anouncing my life. I'm not ashamed of my imperfections and never have claimed to be perfect.

What do you do for a living?
Posted by BigDryBug (+54) 17 years ago
Jeez Mr Bankey,

IM SORRY THAT I MADE YOU FEEL INADEQUATE AND SO MAD THAT YOU GOT REAL MAD AND INSULTED EVERYONE THAT TAKES ISSUE WITH YOUR STRANGE INCOHERENT RANTINGS ABOUT STUFF THAT NONE OF CAN UNDERSTAND AND I LIKE IT WHEN YOU WRITE IN ALL CAPS TOO. I FIND IT TO BE INTERESTING WHEN YOU BLEND SEVERAL IDEAS INTO ONE VERY LONG SENTENCE AND THEN MISUSE MANY PARTS OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE. YOU SEEM TO BE EASILY ANGERED AND THEN LASH OUT AT ANYONE WHO DOESN'T AGREE WITH WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY HAVE YOU CONSIDERED ANGER COUNSELING OR TAKING YOUR "MOOD PILLS" AS THE SOD BUSTER HAS SUGGESTED?
Posted by Scott (+257) 17 years ago
I have this really wonderful idea.... We all come here to post our opinions on "topics" not people, right? So, Lets get back to dealing with the topic of police chief and lay off Bankey. He is here for the same reasons the rest of us are. If you read back in the past postings, he doesnt "lash" out on anyone until someone has to open up and make a rude and sometimes ludacris comment towards him personally. What do ya say? Does that seem like to big of a task?
Posted by Sam (+67) 17 years ago
Oh, for Christ's sake....lighten up.
Posted by J. Dyba (+1340) 17 years ago
I tend to refrain from personal attacks on message boards but half of you must have a serious lack of reading comprehension because while Jared is a bit... unrefined in his communications, it's pretty obvious what points he is trying to make.

You're either ignoring the issues he's trying to discuss to jump on his writing abilities, or you're just another internet monkey looking for something to do.

So, which is it?
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9472) 17 years ago
Are they mutually exclusive?
Posted by Darby (+76) 17 years ago
"......reasoning with Granny Clampett."

perfect imagery - PERFECT!!!!

LMAO!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA gooood stuff

supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5096) 17 years ago
"......reasoning with Granny Clampett"

What's Lou Holtz got to do with this?
Posted by Ford (+106) 17 years ago
Bridgier, are you trying to pick up a date?
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9472) 17 years ago
No, no - I said exclusive, not inclusive...
Posted by Ford (+106) 17 years ago
My contrition to you dear fellow.....I did not mean anything.