Posted by reasonably_pissed (+11) 10 years ago
just a shout out/warning to you roostersuckers who like to leave their garden hoses lying across the sidewalk after you are done watering. the next one i come across is getting cut in half and discarded on your yard.
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1430) 10 years ago
There's a new word for the filter.
Posted by Ryan (+481) 10 years ago
Pick up your feet and walk over it. Simple as that...
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4453) 10 years ago
Wow.
Posted by Chuck Schott (+1289) 10 years ago
Man you got some serious issues to deal with.
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3716) 10 years ago
Garden hose is quite the obstacle to navigate. Safe to assume somebody fell on their face while walking recently?
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9716) 10 years ago
Was chewing gum involved in this walking failure?
Posted by Mathew Schmitz (+288) 10 years ago
Thanks for the wake up call. I thought I had a bad weekend. On Saturday, my former sister in law was buried after losing a nine month battle with cancer. On Saturday, my buddy Mark Wilson had a stroke and passed away. On Saturday, my dear friend Mark Bentz went down on his motorcycle, and lies in a coma in a Billings hospital.
You tripped over a garden hose laying on the sidewalk? Oh my God! The horror of it all. I am not sure how you will ever survive the indignity of that incident. I guess no matter what is going on in my life, I can rest assured knowing that someone is having a much worse time of it than me. Thank you so much for the perspective.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4948) 10 years ago
so sorry to hear of all your losses Mathew...
supporter
Posted by julieinmc (+522) 10 years ago
This is a hazard for someone on a skateboard on their way to school in the early morning. Matthew, this person has a mother with terminal cancer. You are not the only one in the world with sadness in their life.
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2608) 10 years ago
Thanks for posting reasonably pissed. Now when garden hoses start getting cut in half, the police have a place to go to find out who did it. You just made their work easier and for that I am grateful.
I love how on topic you people can stay. I wasn't even looking for feedback here, I'm just saying that if any of you wake up and your hose is cut, well then maybe you should have put it away. Sorry about the "profanity" but a new hole in my jeans and a freshly bruised shoulder kinda puts me in a profane mood.
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1430) 10 years ago
I'm sure some destruction of other people's property will make you feel much better. There, there.
Posted by Smiley (+852) 10 years ago
Yeah, you need some help. Maybe there is a tripper's anonymous you can go to at the mental health center?

On a serious note, sorry matthew. I don't know you, but I'm sorry for your hardships.
Posted by Mary B. (+194) 10 years ago
Did you not see the hose before the crash? Isn't watching the sidewalk part of skateboarding? There are many other obstacles on sidewalks such as uneven sidewalks, crumbling sidewalks, branches, etc. In the process of watching for these things, wouldn't you also notice the garden hoses?

Skateboarders (and many others) cause damage to the sidewalks, which homeowners are responsible for paying for. Perhaps watch out for tricky situations and be thankful for the homeowners who are bearing the brunt of your skateboard use. Some day you may be a homeowner and need to water your lawn and pay for the sidewalks to be repaired and used by others.

To Julie, I think Mathew's point is very valid. If reasonably was talking about his mother with cancer, everybody would be sympathetic. For this, with the attitude first displayed, not so much.

BTW, if it was a case of skateboarding over the hose on your way to school, what are you doing posting in the middle of the school day?

[This message has been edited by Mary B. (9/7/2010)]
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11399) 10 years ago
Falling down while skateboarding drops one's "cool" quotient by several points. This alone is disturbing.

Sorry, but falling off your child's toy doesn't generate much sympathy among adults. If you had been walking and/or watching where you were going, you would still be cool and comfortable.
Posted by Josh Rath (+2310) 10 years ago
Uhhh.. When did they mention they were skateboarding, and not walking...? Cause i missed that.

And seriously. It's BRIGHT GREEN, on a GREY SIDEWALK. Instead of having your head buried in your cellphone, pay attention to where you are going.

And I also doubt one little fall put a hole in your jeans.

Edit: I see that this person must be your child Julie. Why? Because we know you have cancer, so put 2 and 2 together and bam.

[This message has been edited by Josh Rath (9/7/2010)]
@kelly- if you want to start waving around the mcpd here then i will just start making complaints directly to them instead. maybe a few public nuisance tickets will get people to clean up after themselves.
@maryb- i will let you borrow one of my skateboards and you do your very best to try to damage a sidewalk with it. also i was posting "in the middle of the school day" because i happen to be punctual enough to show up to college an hour early.
@josh- congrats on your 6th grade degree

[This message has been edited by reasonably_pissed (9/7/2010)]
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5096) 10 years ago
The webmaster was here.

Roostersucker.
Indeed he was. Now if he would only close this thread, as it was intended to be just one post. Oh well that's what i get for feeding the trolls
My apologies. I assumed an adult would not begin a conversation in this manner over a trivial matter. I guess I was wrong.

How do you manage to watch out for potholes and uneven sidewalks and branches? Difference?

If you don't think skateboards cause damage to sidewalks, you are wrong. No need to show me on your skateboard. I rode one myself. Be grateful you can even ride them on the sidewalks here. In many other cities, it's illegal.
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2608) 10 years ago
kelly- if you want to start waving around the mcpd here then i will just start making complaints directly to them instead. maybe a few public nuisance tickets will get people to clean up after themselves.

Maybe you should have done that to begin with instead of posting on MC.com using a derogatory term for women and gay men.

[This message has been edited by Kelly (9/7/2010)]
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16446) 10 years ago
The day that the MCPD cites someone for having a garden hose across their sidewalk to water the grass on the city-owned boulevard will be the day that someone files suit against the City of Miles City for failure to maintain its boulevards.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14664) 10 years ago
How is one "unreasonably pissed" Hmm...
Posted by Bob's sister (+18) 10 years ago
Isn't there something already on the books regarding cords and hoses crossing sidewalks? I don't think you can leave an elecrical cord when you've plugged your car in during the winter. i don't think to much has been requested. I don't think we need to be treated like childern either but ..... carry on.
Too bad nothing was "requested". Lots of threats, but no requests. I like that he wants to say his piece and then wants the thread shut down. Everyone is entitled to their say as well.
supporter
using a derogatory term for women and gay men

I find the term helpful in describing a number of other things, like when I can't get the line through the roostersucking swivel.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6169) 10 years ago
The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
Posted by Patty O. (+224) 10 years ago
There is a better way to get your point across. Maybe you should have started your post off by asking home owners to pick up their garden hose's off the sidewalks as it is may be a risk for some people to trip over...Instead of starting off with warning,and name calling ending with threats of cutting hose's in half your post would be just that, a post.
supporter
Friends don't let friends text and board.
Posted by mule train (+1048) 10 years ago
rp...rooster suck this! If you cut someone's hose...it'll only be a matter of time before you are the one getting the ticket. If I were you I'd start making your complaints to MCPD if it means that much to you. Good luck.
Posted by luvlife (+290) 10 years ago
Wendy...you crack me up on a crazy day at work...its just what i needed!

Matt...wow, my heart goes out to you. I think of your brother, Mark and Sherry so often...and now more heartbreak....god bless!
Posted by Dave T (+23) 10 years ago
...And seriously. It's BRIGHT GREEN, on a GREY SIDEWALK.

MY hose is grey.... sidewalk is yellow though,, so I'm good
supporter
A more appropriate step, besides pulling your head out of your *** and paying attention to where you're going, would be to inform the owner of the house that it's a hazard. You're obviously pretty procreateing dumb, though.
Posted by Chuck Schott (+1289) 10 years ago
So many rooster suckers so little time.
My post was not intended to imply that I alone are suffering from some heartbreak in my life. It was meant to bring a little perspective to this young man. If his mother is suffering from cancer, believe me when I say how sorry I am to hear that. Been there, and I know how bad that sucks.
Buck - My old eyes have more trouble everyday threading those rooster sucking hook eyes. I spend more time trying to thread a line thru a hook than fishing these days. I do feel your pain.
The greater point is this. You, and you alone are responsible for what may lie ahead of you on the road, sidewalk, river, or wherever you may be traveling. Be aware of your surroundings, at all times, and you are much more likely to stay afoot, or afloat, or whatever.
And to expect no smartass replies after such a post is just moranic. Nothing gets by this group. Ever.
And thank you for your kind words. They are heard, and appreciated very much.
Posted by Smiley (+852) 10 years ago
To the lady that posted about a festival other than mosquito, I propose a garden hose festival. Obstacle courses to navigate on bikes, skateboards, and walking. Red punch to drink, and maybe even some mma fighters will take their best hits with a garden hose it could be fun!! Of course, the mcpd might break up the festivities due to some pesky complaints!
Posted by Kacey (+3151) 10 years ago
Matt,
I am so sorry to hear about all the losses in your life. You've already gone through so much pain losing Mark and Sherry. People do need to step back and get a different perspective on life every so often.

As for our skateboarding friend, I used to ride a skateboard myself long ago. I always felt it was MY responsibility to ride it safely, to look ahead and be prepared for obstacles. Actually, obstacles were something we would look for, then jump them. Don't skateboards jump over garden hoses anymore?
Posted by Wendy Marsh (+13) 10 years ago
I don't know how they got to skateboarding, but you can go after their homeowners insurance for any injuries. Sidewalks are usually the homeowners responsibility. Of course this will open another can of worms.
Lovely. I just love our society of zero personal responsibility. The public has the luxury of using a sidewalk that some poor sucker pays to maintain, and the poor sucker, in the process of also maintaining the boulevard which he does not own, gets sued because members of the public cannot manage to look where they are going to avoid a CATASTROPHE over a garden hose.

I LOVE America.
Posted by sdrew (+233) 10 years ago
HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! OOOPS! I was eating fried chicken and I think I sucked a rooster down the wrong pipe! BTW, since we have to use the word so often on this site, FYI, its spelled "m-o-r-o-n-i-c" & "m-o-r-o-n". Just trying to help...
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1909) 10 years ago
You've apparently never been corrected by milescity.com spell check, sdrew.
supporter
I don't think anyone is going to bother.

Sure is fun to type roostersucker, though.

Webmaster, if I can find a word that you missed, will you change it to avocado?

[This message has been edited by Buck Showalter (9/7/2010)]
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16446) 10 years ago
"sdrew" has had the whole "moran" thing explained to him/her before but he/she has latched on to correcting people over it. Makes me think he/she might be one.

http://milescity.com/foru...872#153487
Posted by Christen LeBlanc Ramsey (+276) 10 years ago
reasonably pissed, if this is the worst thing to have happened to you recently you are a very fortunate individual. i'd like to point out you can be a good citizen and move said garden hoses onto lawns to alleviate the trip hazard.

mathew, i too am very sorry to read of the losses in your life recently. my thoughts are with you and your friend in billings.
Posted by tjh (+133) 10 years ago
where abouts did you trip over this hose? Could you provide us with the location and the date of your accident/
supporter
Posted by Jeff Denton (+755) 10 years ago
Pepole are misspelling all over this one.
Hilarious. What fun on a boring rainy day.
supporter
where abouts did you trip over this hose? Could you provide us with the location and the date of your accident/

Better yet. Take a photo and email it to all your contacts.
supporter
Posted by K.Duffy (+1787) 10 years ago
Thanks, Jeff! I was just thinking how unfair it is that 'moran' gets all the attention and support around here..and 'pepole' is practically forgotten..sad..very sad..
Thank you all for your kind words regarding my friend in the hospital in Billings. We stopped to see him today, and saw some good things. They were jostling him around in his bed for something while we stood there, and he opened his eyes, and looked right at us. There was definitely a hint of recognition in his eyes. He was moving his legs most of the time we were there too. His girlfriend got no response when she asked him if he knew her, but he nodded when she asked if he loved her. I have much more hope after today's visit. Thanks again for your kind thoughts. You really are a nice bunch of pepole.