Good Food - TERRIBLE SERVICE
Posted by JJH (+32) 11 years ago
Tonight my family and went to eat at the Board Walk. The place was not very busy at all. To start it took over five minutes for them to seat the five of us. After sitting there for another five minutes our waitress finally came over and asked us what we wanted to drink. Our drinks came fairly quickly and she took our order. Twenty minutes later we got out food, but they never brought out our salads. Mind you during that twenty minute wait we were not ask for more to drink or anything. The staff was not very friendly/helpful this evening at all. There were only four other small tables there tonight while we were there.

The main reason why I am writing this is so that butch will hear about it. I know that he will make sure that something like this won't happen again.

Butch you do have a GREAT place there and thank you for some great food!!!
Posted by Kacey (+3154) 11 years ago
I have never had bad service at Boardwalk. Must have been new staff or something.
Posted by Josh Rath (+2312) 11 years ago
I can share my own story.

Mine pertains to Pizza Hut.

Myself and my friend went there the other night arriving at 8 PM, and seated ourselves. The staff were aware of us there, but it still took 10 minutes to bring a menu over to us. As we were looking over it, they came back extremely fast with our drinks and took our order. Pizza and Breadsicks. Not too complicated...

10 minutes past...
20 minutes past...

The pizza arrives at our table, but no breadsticks. I politely asked where they were, and she said they were on the way. It's now 8:30.

We ate our very good pizza, talked for a bit, and then we both wondered where the breadsticks were...

The waitress came around, but did not stop at the table when our drinks both were nearing empty, but I flagged her over and asked again where the breadsticks were. Again, she said they were coming soon. It's 8:45.

We finished our pizza up, drinks empty, and were ready to pay and leave. Without breadsticks. As we were about to get up, here she came with those breadsticks, which were burned. At 9PM. 50 minutes after we ordered them. She apologized for the delay, and said she had discounted our ticket. We were full, got a togo box, and i gave them to my friend.

It isn't necessarily a bad experience, but it is a bit ridiculous. It's almost like they made the breadsticks from hand or something.

Anywho, that's my story. And Smiley wasnt working, or that wouldn't of happened or she would have kicked their arses. xD
supporter
Posted by skoh (+334) 11 years ago
We go twice a week to the Boardwalk and have never had bad service. Maybe we've had to remind the waitress to refill a drink or to bring the honey for the tea but nothing major. We were there tonight as well and when we were there, right after opening, they were completely full and stayed that way for the hour we were there. Maybe the waitresses were a little tired. Marti is the best on Sunday night and Jan on Wed. night. They rarely make a mistake. Hopefully it was just a moment of weariness for your waitress. I do agree, it's the best food in town besides the Hole in the Wall! Can't beat Butch and his food! I am also SO pleased that Butch finally put in a handicap ramp that is to code!
Posted by pene (+71) 11 years ago
ya that doesnt surprise me, all the staff have bad attitudes,i went there to eat one nite,cuz my daughter worked there and the whole staff was so rude to to me, and to her... she came home in tears, i encouraged her to go back telling her that it coukdve ben a bad nite, but nope i eas wrong, they were just as mean, so she quit and ive never went back there again!
Since I completely forgot...

The Boardwalk is my favorite place in town for good, not too expensive, food. I'm only tried his Baby Back Ribs *smiles wide*, but if that is any indication of how is food is, he needs to be working for food network.

... Dang it! Now i want ribs..
Posted by James Gallagher (+26) 11 years ago
Hello

I saw your comments. If things are like that with me, I found it helpful to get up and go to the manager's office and plant my disquietuds. Let me know if it will help out with your case. Hope to hear, James
Posted by Kacey (+3154) 11 years ago
pene...some people put across a very negative personality. You did just in that statement. Perhaps that is why you and your daughter were feeling like people were not being nice to you. Sometimes you expect things to be a certain way and you make it happen.
Posted by Smiley (+854) 11 years ago
Josh! What day did you eat? Did the waitress have an accent, or was she young? describe her, but I'm pretty sure I know who it is.

I'm always afraid of giving bad service at pizza hut when it is busy. We really do try our hardest, but sometimes the kitchen just is miserable.

I know that breadsticks and pizza only take 10 minutes to cook, so it must have just been a forgot about thing. Also, we did just get a new oven, so it cooks a LOT differently than our old one. I'm pretty sure it took some calibration.

Shannon W.
Waitress/Driver.
I dunno her name shannon, but she was skinny as a board, about 5'10", and no accent.

Also, it seemed as if she had to apologize to everyone that night, because everyones food was late..
Posted by pene (+71) 11 years ago
oh no dear quite the contrary,i really wasnt trying to, i am a nice person, and my daughter is sweet, but really shy... my complaint is it was her first job, so she didnt really know what she was doing,but she wasnt even trained, she just got thrown in and then yelled at for not doing it right.., so yes she was frustrated...and i'm sorry, i dot blame her!! the job, and place just wasnt right for her!!!
Posted by Smiley (+854) 11 years ago
Josh, I'm the only shannon that works there lol, and I sure as heck no 5'10" and I might be as skinny as a board...walk. ohshnap.

[This message has been edited by Smiley (9/10/2010)]
Posted by ron h (+57) 11 years ago
Not a big suprise. Was the food cooked completly.I have'nt had any good anything there.