So....what happened at the meeting?
Posted by Sam (+72) 16 years ago
Anyone know what transpired at the meeting tonight? Who's our police chief? Man? Woman? Idiot?
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11978) 16 years ago
We learned never to listen to rumors.

Amorette
Posted by Eric Brandt (+839) 16 years ago
Oh?
Perhaps you could explain how you learned that since I did not see you in the viewfinder...
Posted by J. Dyba (+1344) 16 years ago
Yea well all that aside we know you were there Eric so what happened.
Posted by Peggy (+22) 16 years ago
Well, obviously, it must have just been a rumor, and no one wants to fess up that they were wrong.
Posted by Bucky 2 Fingers (+33) 16 years ago
So does that mean that Sadam B' Grenz blinked when he went eyeball to eyeball with the Chief and the potential lawsuit? Maybe he is getting a bad taste in his mouth from Depositions?
Posted by Jared Bankey (+66) 16 years ago
Eric, is Mid-Rivers going to show the meeting on T.V. this week?

My question has to deal with the fact if anything was solved?

Did they just move the discussion to the council meeting tonight?

Maybe the King found out that their is a proper procedure to doing things in this little town of ours.

Was the head of the council at the meeting with the King, standing in the background.

Or did the rumor mill get the best of the town and look at the King in a bad light?

Maybe the court jester tipped off the King or he got what he was looking for? Just flexing to show who actually is running this town.

Wake up and take an active role in your town, to find out the truth.

Or don't worry about it and go with the King's rulings. He is the man that you put into power for your best interests. Who are the people that run checks and balances on the elected officials?

If you care their is a meeting at City Hall tonight...... Wonder what happens tonight?

[This message has been edited by Jared Bankey (edited 1/31/2006).]

[This message has been edited by Jared Bankey (edited 1/31/2006).]
founder
supporter
There isn't a City Council meeting tonight. They only meet every other Tuesday and met last week, which is when this whole thing began.

My husband--who attended the meeting and to whom I regularly converse--said the whole 'Butch as police chief' didn't come up because SURPRISE! It was a rumor, nothing more. The meeting was devoted to adding members to the force. Joe Whalen tried to get it moved to finance to discuss actual cost but mostly it was dithered on and passed back to Police Chief Powers for 'further study.' And Mark Reddick declined his appointment to his non-existent position, so that's moot as well.

Details will follow in the paper.

Amorette
Ok, SURPRIZE!

It wasn't a rumor. No, I wasn't wrong. It didn't come up at the meeting because it was NOT on the agenda.

The Mayor DID INFACT call the victim of a crime. He told said victim that he was the Acting Chief of Police and reassigning the new Assistant Chief of Police to said case.

The outraged victim refused the reassignment and shared.

It is too bad it was NOT a rumor. It is not surprising that the Mayor will be dishonest about it.

Clearly, sources cannot be directly revealed as they are confidential. It was important to share, however, because this buffoon needs to go and the people have a responsibility to your community to respond.
Posted by Cheryl Thompson (+61) 16 years ago
Rumors Rumors-Jared Jared. Need I say more
founder
Posted by Pete Petro (+288) 16 years ago
Must be time to get Valerie Plame to infiltrate your "highly corrupt" city government. Never fear, she'll straighten things out.
Well, I guess once again that rumors in this town seem to be plenty and facts not many!

It sure got the town thinking in a negative light about the situation at hand with the King.

I wonder if this means that this whole situation woke some people up. The fact that people should not pass judgement on to another with out knowing all the facts.

I guess if you want to know the facts behind the rumor, ask the parties involved. The other thing to do is make sure what is going on with the story. To do that you must be informed by the parties involved and take an active role.

So, I guess that means take an active role and go to the meetings. Don't count on second hand information because I believe their is biased accounts being told.

It is good to know that the meeting is next week. Also that the meeting had to deal with the fact of hiring more officers. So, if I understood corectly it has been passed to finance commitee to look at the hirings?

Then I guess it all comes down to the budget and if the city can afford to fill the vacancy's.
The final tape is burning right now. Mid Rivers will receive it after lunch. I will post the airtime when they tell me when it will be.
Cheryl, I will be the first to admit that rumors are at the backbone of politics of this town. These rumors had led to many new procedures by boards and councils in this town in the past.

The amazing thing is the amount of people that will listen to the opinions of others and take them for facts. I guess the only way to know the truth is to talk to the parties involved.

My question is, have you discussed this matter with any of the parties involved to find out the whole story? Or is the fact that your going off the opinions of others on this site!

I guess the only other way Cheryl is, go to the council meetings and ask the questions that need to be asked in the first person. Do not rely on the conversation of others in the second or third person for the facts.

That would mean that people would have to take an active role and not just spread idle gossip. This would also mean that people would have a backbone to stand up and ask the question to the people involved. That would mean showing their face to the people being questioned by iddle gossip and not using other parties to spread lies.

The fact is MC has operated in this manner for years....It easier to add to the problem and talk about the opinions until they become facts. How do they become facts? It must be true or have some truth because of the number of people talking about it.

Well, I think that people in MC should know by now that their is a tight rope being walked by members of boards and head of departments. The tight rope involves communication with the parties involved to know the facts. Do not use personal biased opinions of others meaning harm unto a person they wish to discredit or fire.

So, yes their may be a twist involved and not all facts have come to light in this situation. I'm just trying to say to the good people of MC to get involved in person to know the facts. Do not harass the council members and spread idle gossip with these members. Why don't you take an active role and ask the questions to the parties involved.

That would mean coming out of the dark and quit adding to the dramma by passing on opinions that are not facts. Then having the elected officials act on opinions and not facts because of the harassement of uninformed voters.

The easiest thing to do know is pass judgement on this opinion or call this statement absurb. Remember, it is only my opinion and is not any facts. It's just my belief.......
They ought to get Heidi Fleiss to infiltrate , The Hollywood Madam , she could get it out of the Mayor the same way he gets it out of us.
They ought to get Heidi Fleiss to infiltrate , The Hollywood Madam , she could get it out of the Mayor the same way he gets it out of us.
"I wish I could reveal my source at this time. It will come out, I assure you. I will just say that the source IS credible, and has been corroborated by other significant research."

Ok, Eric.........what's the deal? Are you just full of sh** or do you have something to back up all the stuff you brought up?

Anybody can spout all kinds of stuff about other people if they never have to answer for any of it. You started this whole thing - finish it.
Posted by Peggy (+22) 16 years ago
Slander
No, Sam, I didn't start it. The voters started it.

I will not re-victimize an already victim to exonerate myself. I'm sorry, but my integrity is more valuable to me than that.

You want me to finish it - I will, by signing the recall petition.

The circus is over folks!
I think Eric took a "bitter" pill this morning!
What is going on with the rebutles for the people of this site. I can see the that their is some strong feelings on this site about being right.

Let's have all parties meet and discuss it with their informants and see who shows up. That will prove who is right in this darn matter. Or better yet bring the facts to a council meeting and ask the King for his opinion.

Who used the word slander? That in itself is a miscarriage of justice and politics in MC. People in this town wake up and it's slander.

By the way Eric did I miss something? What the heck are you talking about with the statement, "re-victimize an already victim to exenerate myself"? Who the heck is the victim? I can only think that you are talking about the town or yourself.

The other question has to deal with, what is a "recall petition"? How is that going to end the circus? I'm not real sure what the circus is pertaining to in your statement.

Are you upset with the counting of votes? Or are you trying to say that we have a circus act in town at City Hall. I have always liked a circus because you never knew what your going to find. But they always had some type of clowns in the show.

I hope the Circus got permision to set up in town from the King...
Posted by BigDryBug (+58) 16 years ago
Mr. Bankey:

What in the H*** are you trying to say? What the heck does: "Let's have all parties meet and discuss it with their informants and see who shows up." mean? If all parties meet, wouldn't they already be there? Why would you have to see who shows up if all parties meet in the first place?
I am confused about your entire posting. My head hurts from trying to decipher your atrocious grammar. Are you drunk when you post?
Thanks for asking Jered,
It is my opinion that the King IS the Circus.

As the video rolls at the end of the last council meeting, there is even a citizen bouncing down the isle actually SINGING Circus Music! Therefore, I would have to believe that I am not unique in that opinion.

Regarding the "Victim". The Victim was the victim of a REAL crime that REALLY took place in Miles City. I certainly will not ask that person to speak up. Many may already know of whom I speak, but you will not hear their name from me - as the Victim of the crime deserves the right to anonymity. Exposure of that victim would be the reference to the re-victimization.

Regarding a Recal Petition...
A recall is a process by which the voters can remove an elected official due to ineffectiveness or abuse. This differs from an Impeachment in that it is a voter driven event whereas the impeachment process is from within the council itself. Either is an option, but a recall is the prefered democratic procedure since it involves the vote of the public. Impeachment is more like a legal proceding. For a Recall, a petition must be sined by people willing to have their name listed on a public document. Most active people will decline to sign because it automatically "blackballs" them. This is unfortunate. A recall does in no way preclude the Mayor from running in the recall election, and does not prevent him from winning. One might sign a recall petition simply because they want the issue to go to vote and prove their person right. It is unfortunate that people are "afraid" to stand up and sign for fear of retribution. That is tragically the normal course of abuse - it lays silent.

The people I feel the most pity for are those who voted for Butch Grenz in good faith that he would be a good leader. Surely they must be horrified. I pity them, and I forgive them. Now is the time to take action. Stop the cycle of abuse and start Miles City on the road to recovery. We cannot change the past - but we can improve the future. It's not too late!

RECALL MAYOR BUTCH GRENZ!
supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1279) 16 years ago
Jarod, I would love to know what is under your bonnet! Something sure has gotten to you! Can you share with all of us exactly what has you so stirred up (in 100 words or less, all lower case)?

Eric - you are so gun-ho for a recall, and have a very strong opinion also!

I would expect to see both your names on the ballot either in the recall or the next election. If you hate it so bad, step up to the plate.

(I am not supporting what has been going on either! I think everyone should be upset, but I think that taking action is the answer. Hell, if I lived there, I'd run. But I'd never get elected.)
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15082) 16 years ago
"Can you share with all of us exactly what has you so stirred up (in 100 words or less, all lower case)? "

Now that is what I call "Cutting" to the chase.

If I lived there I would run also, probably unsuccessfully.
Sounds like the "News Vans" should be heading to Miles City for the (RIOTS OF 2006), Like in LA quote "Can't we all just get along" Rodney Green................
Posted by Danny T (+58) 16 years ago
I think I speak for everyone when I say "RICHARD BONINE JR. FOR MAYOR!!!!!!"

(If all the bonines ran for mayor, one of them would have to win.)
Why don't we get some light plastic chairs and a couple of cheap card tables and put them in the council chambers. We could then surround the chamber table with a turnbuckle system and have a full-blown SMACKDOWN at the council meetings.
We might be able to license the tapings to TNT for playback on cable TV with WWE Monday Night Raw. I think Mayor Grenz would feel much more at home in a wrestling ring where he could throw a chair or bodyslam his opposition at will when he is angry. This would provide a much needed sense of entertainment to these boring old "civilized" city cousel meetings.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5101) 16 years ago
Cheryl:

That would be Rodney King.

I used Rodney's line once while attempting to break up a potential barroom brawl in MC. Didn't work. Oh well.
Cery, the base of my problem deals with the people of MC not taking an active role in the procedure of politics. It seems that most of the community like talking and not take part. The only way is to pass opinions about how things are being ran through idle gossip.

I myself would not run because of the fear of failure of running for one of these elected positions. Cary, no one likes to loose and I'm one of those people.

I also understand that your dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. I have plenty of experience in this area myself by members of this community. The point being that I believe that members of this community should do research before talking ill of others. Don't believe the idle gossip and talk with the parties involved.

It comes down to taking an active role in the community. This means not for personal gains but the simple matter of wanting to. So, once again if you have a problem talk to the right individuals to find out the truth. Then take an active role and take part of the process by going to the meetings.

Cury, I'm sad that you still do not live in this town, but I'm glad that you feel active in your old community. Sorry, I couldn't keep the length to 100 word's, I hate being told to do things.
supporter
Jared: PTI... but who are you addressing? "Cery, Cary, Cury". I believe that Cory Cutting did ask you a question.

I recognize that you are new to MC.com but part of common courtesy here is at a minimum knowing who you are addressing. I believe that your discussions here will be more productive and enjoyable if you practice civility and courtesy.

Thanks and welcome aboard.
Richard if you did not get the point maybe Cory should learn who is adressing when using one's name! Check out the spelling before chirming in on my discussion with Cutting. Here is a heads up Richard, my name is spelled Jared.

Thankyou for your opinion on the matter though. I'm glad to give you something to point out on common courtsey. I apperciate your valued opinion and sticking up for your friend Cory.

I was asked to answer with my resoning and I did it with a slight sarcasim. I hope that I did not hurt the feelings or show disrespect to Cory. Out of the mouths of children everywhere "he started it!"
Posted by Duncan Bonine (+283) 16 years ago
Jared: Time and again, I am amazed at your unique ability for overstating the obvious.
Duncan, if it is so obvious then why did your famoly member even question the spellings?

Maybe you should ask your dear family member, why the question?

Is the milescity.com or Bonine.com? Holy crap I must have started a war with the Bonine's! I guess we can discuss how old we are by answering a few simple questions. What discussion site was that?

Duncan thank you for your opinion for overstating the obvious and "he statred it!"

Thank you for time....
supporter
"Smile and wave boys, just smile and wave."
"Civility and Courtesy" Smiling and waving back!
This has been a crazy two day's on the MC discussion forums. WHERE IS CHAD??????
Huh?
Did Mr. Bankey say something?
Posted by Ford (+110) 16 years ago
Mr. Bug, are you a liberal Green Bay Packer fan?
supporter
Where's Marcus when you need him?
Did anyone else see the eclipse at the meeting? WOW.....It blocked out three council memebers! Then she sat back down with a grunt and s.h.i.t. out an ex-council member. But you could still see Butch holding his head.
Cory, this is not a dating site!!!!!!!!!!! Quit calling out for your lover......Do you not get the point, he used you....

I'm sorry....I feel so dirty....Someone had to tell you....

I have throw up now!!!!
supporter
Oh Jared, I only have eyes for you! Besides, have you seen Marcus? NO curbside appeal there!
Marcus? Allen? I have know idea who you are talking about!

I guess your going to explain......

I thought maybe it is your Sun God.....Or soul partner?

Know quit scaring me........I will have to start wearing sun glasses.

What is the curb comment meaning?
Posted by Marcus (+33) 16 years ago
Hey, Bankey, ya wanted me?? Well here I am ya fu.cking prick. Do I even know you? How in the hell do you figure I have any kinda relationship with this Cory?

I've not cut you down because of your retarded comments, horrible grammar and spelling, or just basic stupidity. But you have my attention now dumbass.

So, I'll have to go back and look over your posts again later, but until then why don't you explain why you chose to get me invovled in your little game?

[This message has been edited by Marcus (edited 2/3/2006).]
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10014) 16 years ago
Okay, that's enough... adios Marcus.
Jesus, Marcus are you alright? "Not that there's nothing wrong with it". It's alright....By the way...Cory was looking for you.

It looks like the your in trouble....LOL!!!!

[This message has been edited by Jared Bankey (edited 2/3/2006).]
Jared, if you did not know, that means good-bye to Marcus.

I have enjoyed your point of view....even with the poor grammar. I have gotten some of the ideas and opinions off your postings to be valid.

Marcus should have plenty of time to find a date.....
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10014) 16 years ago
Jared, do you wish to follow Marcus?
Ford, For just joining last night you sure know a lot about the Webmaster's way of terminating people. Have you been on before, and now using an alias?
Posted by Jared Sphincter (+5) 16 years ago
Hey Jared,

Is a sphincter the same thing as an a.sshole???
supporter
Posted by Van (+564) 16 years ago
Marcus needed to go anyway he has a KKK meeting to attend. Cory way to get everyone in trouble.
I'm confused.......Is Jared Sphincter bi-polar? He seems to be sending messages to himself. Or maybe he's trying to figure out what to name his holes.

Maybe he is Marcus reincarnated.....By the way watch out for Cheryl.

Sphincter, watch out for the master....he does not like you picking on Bankey.

Preperation H should help with swelling/itching problem and start cleaning youself better.

Please stay on the matter at hand and stop being obtuse.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4455) 16 years ago
How many e-mail addresses do you have? Don't you get tired of creating all the identities?
supporter
I love the word obtuse. Reminds me of the movie Shawshank Redemption.

What did Ford do to recieve the axe? Maybe I missed it.
supporter
Jared, what are you trying to say about me? Please don't throw dirt about me with vague statements and attempts to make me look bad. If you have a question, you can send me an email by clicking on my name at the top of this posting. Otherwise please refrain from slander and troublemaking in the open forum on here. It only takes away from YOUR curbside appeal.
Cory, I did not mean anything by the statements. I thought that you were being a smart a** towards me. I apologize if I have caused any harm and mean no disrespect.

I guess that I lashed out at you for you sarcastic remarks. In return I was making derisive remarks back. I express regret that I made any comments that were harmful.

I just wish that people would stay on task and the posting topic. Who really cares about how the opinion is written. It just makes my point, that people would rather attack another person, for their opinion.

I guess every is perfect that wites on this site.
founder
supporter
The problem with writing badly is it makes it hard for people to understand what your opinion is. Long blocks of text with no paragraph breaks or typing in all capitals is hard to read. People will often ignore a poster who has something valid to say if they have to struggle to read the post. Good spelling and grammar are just plain polite, making it easier for others to communicate. All you have to do is spend 30 seconds in a teen chat room where a few random letters make up a secret code to appreciate that full sentences, fairly accurate spelling and punctuation and readable text make a huge difference in comprehension.

If you want to convey an idea, do it in a way that conveys it easily. Many of us are old fogies with bi-focals and reading text on a computer screen is a big enough pain without all caps or no line breaks.

Amorette
Posted by Ted Schmidt (+68) 16 years ago
Right on Amorette, Perhaps I can put my hex on this thread and put an end to it. Usually when I make a comment of any sort on these forums they don't last long. I think this has just about run its course. I hate to see all the little stones thrown about, if you get what I mean. See you someplace else maybe, Ted Schmidt

[This message has been edited by Ted Schmidt (edited 2/4/2006).]
supporter
Wow, Ted the thread,,,,killer.
Posted by J. Dyba (+1344) 16 years ago
Lol Amorette, whut r u trip'n bout? Teens these days got mad typ'n skillz. ROFL!! MayB u need to chill wit it..!~!

pccc out

[This message has been edited by J. Dyba (edited 2/5/2006).]
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2103) 16 years ago
So what's the latest news, rumors and lies about city hall? Us out of towners need the news!!
supporter
If you were in the 600 today you would have heard how the Mayor and his wife single handedly put up a new water tower today. Great stuff, I almost chocked on my hashbrowns.
Wonder no more!

Want to know what happened at the last meeting?

AT LONG LAST!!!!!

See for yourself. Beta-test the streaming server and view the last Public Safety Committee Meeting at:

http://www.milescityvoice...media1.php

PLEASE use the e-mail link at the bottom of that page to provide feedback. I cannot possibly test every configuration. I know it works in IE6, and I know it works from both sides of the router.
supporter
It works in IE7 beta 2 and Saffari
I was wondering who was attached with IE 7.x

How's the IE beta going? Is it really better?
supporter
Posted by Dona Stebbins (+825) 16 years ago
Eric, thanks for your perseverance! This is an interesting project, and informative. I hope you will continue with your efforts to provide the MC.com community with good information on how Miles City works! Kudos!
supporter
"How's the IE beta going? Is it really better?"

It has a couple of cool features (tabbed-pages) they stole from Foxfire. The big downside is I can no longer log on to my bank website. Fortunately, I have more than one computer, so it is not a big deal for me.

When you install IE 7.0 beta it removes IE6.0 and it would be a real pain to go backwards. It does seem more stable than IE 6.0. Given the time they have had to develop someing new, IE 7.0 is not very revelutionary.

I really wish that Apple would release a Windows version of Safari. That would really be cool.
The solution to your banking problem is very simple.

I have IE6 and would be happy to manage those accounts for you!
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Dave Roberts (+1512) 16 years ago
FireFox doesn't play them at all, even when trying my usual workaround of cut/paste the direct link for the ASF from the Java link.

IE 6.0 works fine here, and I don't have Media Player 10 installed on any of my machines (XPhome/MCE/and Pro)
Dave,
Thanks for the feedback. I went ahead and installed Firefox to test with. About 6% of my server traffic is Firefox.

You are right - firefox does not even render the embedded player. I will look into this.

Typing mms://www.milescityvoice....6JAN30.asf does launch windows media player and open the stream from Firefox, however.

Good feedback, thank you.

Eric