Sarah Palin: The Sound and the Fury
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2745) 11 years ago
supporter
Posted by Stone (+1591) 11 years ago
and this lady may be in charge of a nuclear arsenal?
Posted by polar bear (+516) 11 years ago
Horrifying to say the least.
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1911) 11 years ago
I was thinking of going to that new exorcism movie, but after reading this article I think it would be a let down.

And, by the way, the publishers of VF are going to be sorry. I am willing to bet anyone that the Palins WILL NOT be renewing their subscription.

[This message has been edited by Bob Netherton II (9/4/2010)]
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5101) 11 years ago
They can read?
Posted by Gm. Bonine (+92) 11 years ago
yes, just not between the lines.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6172) 11 years ago
What a megalomaniac whack-job. I feel sorry for her kids. No wonder her daughter got pregnant. Maybe she was hoping to get kicked out of the house.
Posted by Larry (+150) 11 years ago
I usually don,t comment on political threads but this is getting to out of hand. First you have the democrats who do nothing but cut down the republicans and their families. The continue to do this even though they control the white hours and congress. Are they afraid of something that might happen in the future? Then the republicans continue along with the democrats to stick to partisan lines and do nothing for all of us. I am a firm believer to replace every single one of them, democrats and republicans and get us back to having the country run by congress and not by just a few people that tell everyone, republican or democrat congressmen, how to vote, when to vote and what to say. I say replace all of them with new people either democrat or republican. So get out and vote.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4455) 11 years ago
I'm with you, Larry. Vote Kelleher!
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6172) 11 years ago
What are white hours?
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9307) 11 years ago
larry wrote:
Thow the bastards out

I really am surprised sometimes by the lack of understanding regarding the legislative process - particularly in the senate, which is full of strange anti-majoritarian rules and customs. These are wonderful if you want to maintain the status quo, but considerably less so if you want to pass anything of substance.

While I think Obama could be doing more to highlight the differences between the two parties and their current governing philosophies, the reality is that the senate is actually in the hands of whichever party can cobble together 41 votes to say "no".

It doesn't help that out of 58 Democrats in the Senate, at least five are feckless cowards, and another three or four are hostage taking bastards.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4950) 11 years ago
That article is a perfect example of just because someone is pretty on the outside doesn't mean they are pretty on the inside...Obviously she is far from pretty on the inside and is rather mean and petty not to mention stupid...The truth will out sooner or later and the sooner the better...
Posted by Kacey (+3154) 11 years ago
But it won't matter by then. She's already made a fortune on her stupid book. And she'll always have her daughter to help care for her in her demented elderly stage. By then her daughter will be a major celebrity, between Letterman and Dancing With the Stars! Straight to hell in a handbasket...that's what my grandpa used to say.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17732) 11 years ago
I'm with you, Larry. Vote Kelleher!

I already did.
Posted by DBGibson (+34) 11 years ago
I'm with you on that too Larry, and I would say she is probably a better one to have on hand than pelosi EVER would be. If we let chicks play with the big toys that is...
supporter
Posted by Stone (+1591) 11 years ago
Larry wrote,

"I say replace all of them with new people either democrat or republican. So get out and vote."

What you should have said was, I say replace all of them with new people neither democrat or republican. So get out and vote.

Oh, and by the way the tea party is just a bunch republicans in blue collar clothing.

[This message has been edited by Stone (9/4/2010)]
supporter
Posted by Ken Minow (+382) 11 years ago
I often wonder about people that consider their party perfect and the other party the antichrist.You know the type-they'd vote for Charley Manson before they'd vote for anyone on the opposite ticket.Not a single positive thing to say about the opposition-everything bad that has and will happen is totally the other party's fault.What would be the perfect scenerio for these folks? Do they dream of the day that the other party finally disbands after realizing everything bad is their fault?Then everyone could just be in one party[the good party]and everything would be perfect forever.We don't need no stinking checks and balances.No..well...that sounds a little extreme.How about this-although we control the Supreme Court,House,Senate and the White House,we still need the other party around to blame if something goes wrong on our shift.Besides,a whipping boy's kinda fun.....
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1665) 11 years ago
I have to agree with Ken. What can be the purpose of never questioning your party's actions and motives? For that matter, I have never understood those who share their party's platform without wavering. Sounds a bit totalitarian to me.
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1911) 11 years ago
DB said "If we let chicks play with the big toys that is...".

There's more than one way to interpret that little blurb.