2010 Oredigger Football
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17462) 11 years ago
Will legendary Head Football Coach Bob Green finally lead the Diggers over the despised Saints this year?????

I am sad that I will be in Boston on September 25, the day the Orediggers play the Saints here in Helena for Carroll's homecoming. I always enjoyed hanging out in the little green enclave amongst a sea of purple.
Posted by Mike Zier (+134) 11 years ago
Ummm They Just lost to South Dakota Tech....So I would say No this in not the year
supporter
Posted by Stone (+1598) 11 years ago
However, Bob Green is the funniest guy on the face of the earth.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14963) 11 years ago
2010 Oredigger Football. That made me laugh. Most football teams use X's and O's. These guys probably have to model their plays in 3D with Vulcan or Mincom.
supporter
Diggers come back with a resounding defeat of Eastern Oregon, to start off Frontier Conference play at 1 - 0. Meanwhile, the evil catholic empire barely squeaks past Rocky in their opener, and lose two starting offensive linemen in the process.

Me? I'm starting to like Coach Green's prospects for 2010.
supporter
Orediggers beat Northern on Saturday. Tied with the Saints for first place in Frontier Conference play.

They host a tough Rocky team this coming Saturday.

GO DIGGERS!!!!

supporter
I have missed the weekly updates on Oredigger Football.
supporter
Four game losing streaks will do that to you.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5096) 11 years ago
There are only SIX teams in the Frontier Conference? Wow.
supporter
Rocky, Carroll, Tech, Western, Northern, Eastern Oregon....yep, sounds right. We lost some Idaho team last year or so. I think we got two NoDak teams applying for admission.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5096) 11 years ago
Correct.

That would be the Dickinson State Black Hawks and the Jamestown Jimmies. Not so sure whether the Jimmies will actually move, seems like a good idea for the Black Hawks.

Do teams sometimes play each other twice or do they have lots o' non-conference games???

[This message has been edited by Bob L. (11/9/2010)]
supporter
Yep. Tech plays Carroll at home and in Helena.

Carroll has now won 42 straight against its Frontier conference opponents.

Tech closes out its season against Western on Saturday......maybe they will be in a double header with the Cowboys.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9198) 11 years ago
We lost some Idaho team last year or so

All evidence to the contrary, ISU is NOT an NAIA team...
supporter
Well, its a sad day for the Oredigger faithful, as legendary Head Football Coach Bob Green announced his retirement yesterday after 24 years on top of the digger helm. At least Coach Green ends his career as a winner, with a victory over Western last Saturday (it was a rough weekend for Dillon wasn't it?)

Best wishes for your retirement, coach.

http://www.mtstandard.com...03286.html
Posted by GVC (+517) 11 years ago
He is a class act. I remember him in my years at Tech-especially noon basketball.
supporter
http://billingsgazette.co...002e0.html

BUTTE, Mont. - Montana Tech offensive coordinator Doug Schleeman has been named the American Football Coaches Association assistant coach of the year for the NAIA level.
Schleeman is in his 15th year as an assistant at Montana Tech and is involved in children's camps and fundraising and volunteering for local groups such as Big Brothers/Big Sisters and helps Boy Scouts complete their requirements for fitness merit badges.

Montana Tech has won or shared five Frontier Conference titles with Schleeman on the staff, including four trips to the NAIA playoffs and an appearance in the 1996 national championship game.