Ben Winkley benefit fund
Posted by clara winkley (+18) 11 years ago
First I would like to thank everyone who has donated money, time and prayers for Ben. It is fantastic when a community gets together and helps those in need. As you may have heard, Kristine no longer needs work on her Blazer. About 2 weeks ago the Blazer was totaled due to a blowout on our way back to Billings. God kept his hand on us and we all made it out safely. Kiana and Joanie are still a little leery of going out on the highway though.
So with the van down and the Blazer gone Ben and Kristine are in need of reliable transportation to get back and forth to Billings. Billings for Ben's doctor appointments and Miles City so Kristine can work to try to keep things together. If anyone knows of a reliable vehicle that we could make payments on, please let us know.
I'm sorry my thanks are so long in coming but I was in the hospital last weekend and do not have ready access to the internet til I get home.
Once again, donations can be made for Ben and family at the Stockman and US Banks. Stockman is the Benjamin Winkley Benefit Fund and I think US is Ben Winkley benefit account.
Once again thank you all for your help and prayers.
Posted by Kacey (+3161) 11 years ago
I would think that Notbohms or one of the other car dealers could help you with this. I know you're busy but has anyone approached any of the car dealers? Do any of the banks have repos? What does the van need to be functional again?
Posted by clara winkley (+18) 11 years ago
We hadn't really thought of the car dealers. Thank you for the thought. As for the van, it needs a motor. It is a 2005 Kia Sedona.
Apparently it was supposed to have its timing belt changed by 60000 miles so the insurance won't replace the motor. Not a usual thing we would know about, but in the fine print.
Thank you