John Jackson Benefit
Posted by sodapop (+15) 11 years ago
I have heard some rumors around town that John has cancer, I want to set the story straight. John has Crohn's Disease and that I understand it is not life threatening. I don't have a lot of information on the disease if anyone does please explain??? I think that a lot of people think that when there is a benefit for someone it means terminal illness.
Any information would be appreciated.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5094) 11 years ago
It's not much fun.

Here's a wikilink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...'s_disease
Posted by luvlife (+285) 11 years ago
I know quite a few people living with Crohn's....it is a auto-immune disease and usually flairs and goes into remission. My close friend spends quite a lot of her time on prednisone....which also has its side effects. Living w/ Crohn's...one must change up their livestyle, which includes diet and especially a big no-no....drinking and smoking!!! My friend has been through multiple surgeries. I suppose i should of held a benefit for him. Thank goodness he has insurance. He also does try to live healthy. I wish John Jackson well...he may have to give up some nasty habits to feel his best. He is fortunate to have friends to help!
Posted by sodapop (+15) 11 years ago
Thank you for the information. It sounds bad but manageable with some restrictions. I wish the best for John.
Posted by Josh Rath (+2305) 11 years ago
Live now. Come down and enjoy good food, and great entertainment!
Posted by jennifer reed (+4) 11 years ago
I have had Crohn's for 13 years that I know of. I have had two bowel resections (and from what i have heard is what John is having done), I had to have a hestorecomy (sp) because of the inflamation it causes. I have had total of 12 colonoscopys, A couple surgeries in places i would rather not talk about. I have two young boys that i can not keep up with very well, or at least not as well as i would like. I do have insurance but i always meet my max pay out in jan. or feb.
I know what this disease does to people and the stress that goes with having it, the cost of medical expenses, and what it does to your family. And stress makes the crohns worse. It is very common to have this disease but it can be controlled by the way you personally take care of your body. I will admit that i have not always taken care of my body, but i figured out real quick what not to do. Drinking and smoking are #1 on the list of thing not to do.
My husbands pay check is garnish every payday and will be for quite awhile because of my disease. I know the financial problem it can cause someone and the strain it can have on a marriage. I have never been able to hold down a 40 hour a week job because of the appts and the surgery. Bosses don't like it when you have to take alot of time off.
I guess I wish i had the freinds john has to get them to have a benefit for me. Why can't he pay for his medical bill like everyone else that has crohn's disease or any other disease? it not like he just found out. I had the same surgery in dec 09 and i have a scar that goes from my pelvis bone to my rib cage (just like john WILL have). I and many others have KIDS to raise, bills to pay, and lifes to live. my family has suffered greatly because of this. I Personal like John but can not support him in this way. John will be the one that has to live with himself but it will be with more money then me..... i sure hope he enjoys it!~
AND YES I AM BITTER
Posted by Josh Rath (+2305) 11 years ago
Nevermind. Lost the connection.

[This message has been edited by Josh Rath (8/13/2010)]
supporter
Posted by C.Kee (+376) 11 years ago
I'm with you, Josh.........
Posted by luvlife (+285) 11 years ago
I can appreciate jennifer reed's bitterness in the fact i do have a few friends living w/ crohn's....one whom is pretty severe. i personally do not know john jackson or jennifer reed but can feel for this life struggle. i have heard the rumors also...about john's livestyle (which is his business)....but, i just believe by listening to people and the reaction to the benifit for him that many are upset in the facts (known to them)...john is known quite well to enjoy the booze. i believe in the good ol' saying...GOD helps those who helps themself!!!! I do pray john will change it up a bit and relize how fortunate he is that God helped him through the surgery and many friends that care about him are helping him pay his medical bills. (only because this is just a stepping stone for john...the crohns will eat him up again if he does not get healthly and i am sure people (like my friends and jennifer reed feel like this benefit was done in vain)...when they have the same day to day struggles. so, in ending this...i can appreciate jennifer's bitter feelings...like she said she likes john (like many do) it is not a personal attack on him...just hopeful he takes this as a real wake up call. also, please keep praying for cindy reid...she is one lady that really understands how one minute we are living life and in the next blink of an eye, we are fighting for our lives. she is my inspiration...a rare example of a fighting, brave soul. i will keep john and jennifer in my prayers also!
Posted by Tina Bean (+415) 11 years ago
WOW!!!!!????? Build a bridge and get over it! If those people want to go to Johns benefit and donate time, money or goods thats their decision. Being such bitter people will get you nowhere in life...maybe thats why your friends don't want to help you out!!!
supporter
Posted by Carol S (+247) 11 years ago
John would be there to donate his time and music for anyone of us for medical reasons,so lets be supportive for him. If you know John, you would know that he is a wonderful person and has a wonderful family. Lets all wish John the best and hope he is doing well.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5094) 11 years ago
Elvis has left the building.