Jet Blue Flight Attendant
Posted by Leif Hope (+94) 11 years ago
Steve Slater's behavior. Discuss.
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1670) 11 years ago
Panache.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5094) 11 years ago
That's all he can stands, and he can't stands no more.
supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1272) 11 years ago
OH SNAP Denise!
Posted by Smiley (+847) 11 years ago
I heard he has HIV and his mother is dying of cancer. I wish him the best for having the guts to do what he did Even if it's wrong, it was still pretty awesome!
Posted by Johna (+16) 11 years ago
It was reckless. Offending the customers by cursing - okay. Taking two beers for the road - okay. Deploying the inflatable slide could have seriously injured someone on the ground...and no one knows that better than flight crew. I fly once a month...and it sucks anymore...but safety first.
supporter
Posted by Jeff Denton (+763) 11 years ago
you just never know what a person might do when he goes off. But once someone has a history of such, that's a different story. This will haunt him forever.
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1437) 11 years ago
Have we taken bets yet that his claim of the unruly passenger who set him off is bogus, yet?
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14950) 11 years ago
If this had happened in a post office we would say "he went postal". Soooo I guess this guy went plane?
founder
supporter
Posted by Gene Larson (+271) 11 years ago
No, he went "AirHead!".
supporter
Posted by Shu (+1794) 11 years ago
For Slater to lose his cool and go-off as he did is one thing. I admit, if a customer accidentally hit me with a piece of luggage, refused to apologize and then told me to F-off, yeah, I'd be pissed. However, I can pretty-well say that I wouldn't do what he did. I have dealt with more than my fair share of rude customers in my line of work and I have been tested in ways similar to this instance. He's not the first to do that and won't be the last, though I do not condone that kind of behavior even if a customer uses foul language as he alleged.

The problem I have is that he's being put on a pedistal for it and being called a "folk hero". Hero to whom? Not to me.